Explain this to me like I am 5 years old

M14 Shooter

The Light of Truth
Sep 26, 2007
Bridge, USS Enterprise
The SCOTUS stated, unequivocally, that we Americans have the right to carry a gun outside the home:
The Court has little difficulty concluding also that the plain text of the Second Amendment protects Koch’s and Nash’s proposed course of conduct—carrying handguns publicly for self-defense. Nothing in the Second Amendment’s text draws a home/public distinction with respect to the right to keep and bear arms, and the definition of “bear” naturally encompasses public carry. Moreover, the Second Amendment guarantees an “individual right to possess and carry weapons in case of confrontation,” id., at 592, and confrontation can surely take place outside the home.

Some states require a permit to carry a gun outside the home; most do not.
Most of the states which require a permit recognize the permits from other states as sufficient to legally carry a gun in that state.

A few states – CA, NY, HI – do NOT recognize out-of-state permits.
They do not allow open carry without a permit
They do not allow out-of-state residents to obtain a carry permit.
That is, there is no way for me, a resident oh Ohio, to legally carry a gun in CA NY HI.

How can it be that CA NY HI do not violate my right to carry a gun – and thus, violate the 2nd Amendment?

The SCOTUS stated, unequivocally, that we Americans have the right to carry a gun outside the home:
The Court has little difficulty concluding also that the plain text of the Second Amendment protects Koch’s and Nash’s proposed course of conduct—carrying handguns publicly for self-defense. Nothing in the Second Amendment’s text draws a home/public distinction with respect to the right to keep and bear arms, and the definition of “bear” naturally encompasses public carry. Moreover, the Second Amendment guarantees an “individual right to possess and carry weapons in case of confrontation,” id., at 592, and confrontation can surely take place outside the home.

Most of the states which require a permit recognize the permits from other states as sufficient to legally carry a gun in that state.

That is, there is no way for me, a resident oh Ohio, to legally carry a gun in CA NY HI.

How can it be that CA NY HI do not violate my right to carry a gun – and thus, violate the 2nd Amendment?
They do, but that stuff started in the 1920s AFAIK.

I support gun carry permits to assure you are not a criminal, have been trained and know the responsibilities of carrying a gun in public.
I also think states should have common standards and recognize a carry permit like they would a drivers license

You mean you aren’t 5 years old?

Do you have a Constitutional right to go to CA NY HI?

I support gun carry permits to assure you are not a criminal, have been trained and know the responsibilities of carrying a gun in public.
I also think states should have common standards and recognize a carry permit like they would a drivers license
1724765658710.png

And the government is going to provide that licencing, training, and everything else free of charge right?

After all we wouldn't want to tax someone for being able to exercise their rights.

SMILE

:)

States Rights sweety.

View attachment 1002233

And the government is going to provide that licencing, training, and everything else free of charge right?

After all we wouldn't want to tax someone for being able to exercise their rights.

SMILE

No, you can pay to be trained and any background check
It is a public safety issue.
Just like you do for a Hunting License

Just like what I have to go through to get a drivers license

Explain this to me like I am 5 years old​

OK, let me explain this like I would to a 5 year old

Guns kill people
We do not want bad men to have guns
We want people carrying guns to know how and when to use them
We don’t want people shot by accident

Guns kill people

When they wrote the constitution
1724767084075.png

And even this gun. I doubt Trump would let a white guy with one of these into one of his rallies. Front row.

No, you can pay to be trained and any background check
It is a public safety issue.
Just like you do for a Hunting License

Just like what I have to go through to get a drivers license
1724767387104.png

There's nothing in the Constitution that says you have the right to drive.

Imposing a tax on my right to bear arms though is a violation.

However we can compromise... How about a $5000 dollar fee for being able to exercise your right to vote? That'll pay for the voter ID required to vote, along with the: people, ballots, counters, training, etc, etc, etc,... required for you to exercise that right.

SMILE

Last edited:

Guns kill people

Remember when Michigan allowed nutjobs to open carry assault rifles into the Capitol building? After they tried to kidnap Whitmer and after Trump's insurrection, we don't allow that anymore. But we did.

1724767649398.png

Oh I'm sorry does the constitution say we are violating their rights?

How about the right for 6 liberals to go there armed and stand like that on the other side of the hall?
1724767762210.png

Forum List

Back