Exposing Another Conservative Lie

And now again, the truth and reality....

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr64/nvsr64_02.pdf

guns, drowning and poisoning....

If you cared about people....you would push to ban the following...

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr64/nvsr64_02.pdf

Cars, Accidental deaths 2013......35,369

Poisons...accidental deaths 2013....38,851

Alcohol...accidental deaths 2013...29,001

gravity....accidental falling deaths 2013...30,208

Accidental gun deaths 2013......505

So even suicides are outnumbered by cars, alcohol,, gravity and poisons.......

Gun murder 2013....8,454....

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr63/nvsr63_09.pdf

Then by year accidental gun deaths going down according to CDC final statistics table 10 from 2010-2013...

Accidental deaths?
Are you serious?

With guns we are dealing with "On purpose deaths"

Just like drownings are on purpose, overdoses are on purpose, vehicular deaths are on purpose, etc.

Very true

And we pass laws to reduce the numbers of accidental drownings, we have thousands of motor vehicle laws to reduce vehicular deaths....all which have resulted in a lower "accidental" death rate

Gun deaths, for the most part, are not "accidents". Someone intentionally picks up the weapon, aims it at another person and decides to pull the trigger to kill another person

Yet, when we try to limit that activity....the gun nuts go batshit crazy

"And we pass laws to reduce the numbers of accidental drownings, we have thousands of motor vehicle laws to reduce vehicular deaths....all which have resulted in a lower "accidental" death rate"

and yet, with all those laws on the books, there are more drownings, more vehicular deaths, than there are with firearms.
You have to pass a test to get a drivers license, and it's higher rate is higher than firearms.

Then by year accidental gun deaths going down according to CDC final statistics table 10 from 2010-2013...

I don't understand why you keep posting those stats. They don't help your case

Accidental car deaths = 35,000

Accidental gun deaths = 500
On purpose gun deaths= 34,500

Accidental deaths?
Are you serious?

With guns we are dealing with "On purpose deaths"

Just like drownings are on purpose, overdoses are on purpose, vehicular deaths are on purpose, etc.

Very true

And we pass laws to reduce the numbers of accidental drownings, we have thousands of motor vehicle laws to reduce vehicular deaths....all which have resulted in a lower "accidental" death rate

Gun deaths, for the most part, are not "accidents". Someone intentionally picks up the weapon, aims it at another person and decides to pull the trigger to kill another person

"And we pass laws to reduce the numbers of accidental drownings, we have thousands of motor vehicle laws to reduce vehicular deaths....all which have resulted in a lower "accidental" death rate"

and yet, with all those laws on the books, there are more drownings, more vehicular deaths, than there are with firearms.
You have to pass a test to get a drivers license, and it's higher rate is higher than firearms.

Again...when people without access to guns kill themselves at 2 times the rate that we do..with rope, and poison and jumping in front of trains....sucides don't count.....

So you are left with the criminal use of a gun.....taking a gun and breaking the law, and even then it is only 8,454 gun murders a year.....in isolated, small, multi block areas of major cities......while the rest of the country is safe.....and even with that....gun murders are going down, not up.....

And again with over 320 million people, and over 320 million guns in private hands and over 90 million homes with guns in them, and over 11.1 million people carrying guns for protection....

you have a grand total of 505 accidental deaths......and that number is going down as more and more people own and carry guns......

Very true

Again...when people without access to guns kill themselves at 2 times the rate that we do..with rope, and poison and jumping in front of trains....sucides don't count.....

So you are left with the criminal use of a gun.....taking a gun and breaking the law, and even then it is only 8,454 gun murders a year.....in isolated, small, multi block areas of major cities......while the rest of the country is safe.....and even with that....gun murders are going down, not up.....

And again with over 320 million people, and over 320 million guns in private hands and over 90 million homes with guns in them, and over 11.1 million people carrying guns for protection....

you have a grand total of 505 accidental deaths......and that number is going down as more and more people own and carry guns......

Why concentrate on "accidental" gun deaths when the overwhelming majority of gun deaths are "on purpose"

I "accidentally" died in a car crash when my car skidded off the road
Someone intentionally picked up a gun, pointed it at me and pulled the trigger "on purpose"

Why would you equate those two things?

Very true

Why concentrate on "accidental" gun deaths when the overwhelming majority of gun deaths are "on purpose"

Someone intentionally picked up a gun, pointed it at me and pulled the trigger "on purpose"

I stated....gun murder for 2013 was 8,454...those were on purpose and breaking the law to do it....it was a criminal act.....

You want to add in suicide because if you don't your number is really, really low.....the problem you have is that suicide is an action by an individual not caused by a gun...that is why in countries without guns, they can still commit suicide at twice our rate and even with our gun ownership we aren't even in the top 10 for suicide.....so adding suicide into the count is lying.....which you gun grabbers have to do since the truth and reality make you wrong on gun issues......

I stated....gun murder for 2013 was 8,454...those were on purpose and breaking the law to do it....it was a criminal act.....

You want to add in suicide because if you don't your number is really, really low.....the problem you have is that suicide is an action by an individual not caused by a gun...that is why in countries without guns, they can still commit suicide at twice our rate and even with our gun ownership we aren't even in the top 10 for suicide.....so adding suicide into the count is lying.....which you gun grabbers have to do since the truth and reality make you wrong on gun issues......

8454 murders is "really, really low"?

Most nations would be in shock if they had that many murders

We have over 320 million people.....8,454 gun murders is a low number.....and if you stopped the crime by gangs and drug dealers in our cities.....then our numbers would be better than Europe...

And of course you forgot to include state controlled murder in the equation......if you add in the number of people in Europe murdered by their government.....our 8,454 is nothing compared to that.....and that happened because the people were disarmed and just let the police and military have the guns........which is exactly what you fools want.....

We don't have the highest murder rate either....other countries with strict gun control do.....

We aren't even in the top 10......with all of our guns....

These 10 Countries Have The World s Highest Murder Rates

We don't have the highest murder rate either....other countries with strict gun control do.....

Why do you compare the USA to the 3rd world nations when it comes to murder rates?

Why not compare it to the EU since that is about the same size as the USA in population?

Why do you compare the USA to the 3rd world nations when it comes to murder rates?

Why not compare it to the EU since that is about the same size as the USA in population?
EU with the same population has one third of the murders

Of course, they don't have 300 million guns handy

They have a history of national pacifism brought on by the devastation of World War 1 and 2.....their criminals...get guns easily when they want them....and Britian has 2 times the violent crime that the United States has.....their victims are just told by their government to submit quietly.....and to not use any method of defense that might harm their attacker....and I am not making that up......

I am simply pointing out that those countries mentioned...all have strict gun control laws....and according to you guys....merely having gun control laws and keeping civilians from having guns lowers the gun murder rate...and that isn't true......culture...not guns...are the issue....

This is how easy a criminals get guns in Europe, Canada and Puerto Rico.....

This story tracks gun smuggling in Europe.....lots of it....

European Police Face Being Outgunned by Jihadists WIth Assault Rifles

aanother story on ease terrorists get guns....

Getting a gun legally in Europe may be hard but terrorists have little trouble - The Washington Post

Canada gangs get guns easily

Guns too easy for Ottawa gangs to get police say - Ottawa - CBC News

Puerto Rico...stricter gun control...highest gun murder rate..

VICE News Report Guns in Puerto Rico - The Truth About Guns

And this is how easy it is to get fully automatic weapons in an EU country when you want one....it isn't that hard...and even with their extreme gun control.....it only took this police rookie 2 hours to get a fully automatic AK-47......

As Europe struggles to crack down on illegal weapons, some police recruits face a new training exercise: Go buy a Kalashnikov rifle. Donald says that in “a city in Europe,” which he would not name, “very young officers with no training or experience” were recently told to go find an assault weapon on the streets from an illegal arms dealer. “One came back two hours later with an AK-47,” Donald says. “He bought it for €1,000.”

So again....European criminals can get guns easily when they want or need them and none of the extreme gun laws in France, Belgium, Denmark or Sweden can stop them......like any gun control...the best way to control guns is to arrest and lock up the criminals who use them to hurt people.....since nothing else stops them....

And this is another article on how easily criminals in Europe can get weapons...even with their extreme gun control laws...

Getting a gun legally in Europe may be hard but terrorists have little trouble - The Washington Post

In Paris and Copenhagen, the attacks were carried out by former small-time criminals turned violent extremists who obtained military-grade illicit weapons with apparent ease.

Here in Denmark, handguns and semiautomatic rifles are all but banned. Hunting rifles are legally available only to those with squeaky-clean backgrounds who have passed a rigorous exam covering everything from gun safety to the mating habits of Denmark’s wildlife.

“There’s a book about 1,000 pages thick,” said Tonni Rigby, one of only two licensed firearms dealers in Copenhagen. “You have to know all of it.”

But if you want an illicit assault rifle, such as the one used by a 22-year-old to rake a Copenhagen cafe with 28 bullets on Saturday, all it takes are a few connections and some cash.

“It’s very easy to get such a weapon,” said Hans Jorgen Bonnichsen, a former operations director for the Danish security service PET. “It’s not only a problem for Denmark. It’s a problem for all of Europe.”

European leaders have made tighter controls on weapons trafficking a priority in recent weeks, following the killing of 17 people in Paris by three attackers. The shootings in Copenhagen this past weekend, which left two people dead, raised the ominous prospect of copycat attacks across Europe.

I am simply pointing out that those countries mentioned...all have strict gun control laws....and according to you guys....merely having gun control laws and keeping civilians from having guns lowers the gun murder rate...and that isn't true......culture...not guns...are the issue....

Comparing apples to oranges is meaningless.

I notice you aren't even trying to compare the USA to the EU. Why not given that they are so similar in so many aspects?

They have a history of national pacifism brought on by the devastation of World War 1 and 2.....their criminals...get guns easily when they want them....and Britian has 2 times the violent crime that the United States has.....their victims are just told by their government to submit quietly.....and to not use any method of defense that might harm their attacker....and I am not making that up......
Total fantasy....but quite amusing

They are far from pacifists and have fought devastating wars. Unlike our gun nuts, they know the real effects of war....but they are not jumping at alleged enemies like our gun community is

And this is how easy it is to get fully automatic weapons in an EU country when you want one....it isn't that hard...and even with their extreme gun control.....it only took this police rookie 2 hours to get a fully automatic AK-47......

As Europe struggles to crack down on illegal weapons, some police recruits face a new training exercise: Go buy a Kalashnikov rifle. Donald says that in “a city in Europe,” which he would not name, “very young officers with no training or experience” were recently told to go find an assault weapon on the streets from an illegal arms dealer. “One came back two hours later with an AK-47,” Donald says. “He bought it for €1,000.”

So again....European criminals can get guns easily when they want or need them and none of the extreme gun laws in France, Belgium, Denmark or Sweden can stop them......like any gun control...the best way to control guns is to arrest and lock up the criminals who use them to hurt people.....since nothing else stops them....

And yet criminals in the EU nation don't need AK47's to commit crimes. Why is that?

They can get them? but for some reason they don't

Their gun crimes are infantessimal when compared to ours

Forum List

Back