EXTRA! EXTRA! Read all about it!: Gas prices drop towards $3/gallon

When gas prices fell under Bush after spiking at 4 dollars a gallon the left claimed the drop was because of a bad economy so I guess we still have a bad economy using that logic. And I suspect when the holiday travel season gets here gas prices will head up again.

One of the reasons for cheaper gas--particularly in the middle part of the country--is that the Keystone pipeline has not yet been completed. Right now, all of that Canadian oil is coming down across the border and being refined here in the U.S., providing a "buyer's market" by increasing supply. When the pipeline is completed, though, it will go to the ports in the Gulf and head out for export to other nations. Look for fuel prices in the Midwest to increase substantially when the Keystone project is completed.

^ Why Liberal economies have a 100% Fail Guarantee

When gas prices fell under Bush after spiking at 4 dollars a gallon the left claimed the drop was because of a bad economy so I guess we still have a bad economy using that logic. And I suspect when the holiday travel season gets here gas prices will head up again.

No, remember? The end of the world was upon us at 2.50 a gallon. The media was running story after story about the little man paying soooo much per gallon. Now, nary a peep.

Where I live it's still double the price as when Obama took office, so he's the last person I will be thanking for the recent slight decrease in price.

Gas prices were $1.84 when Obama took office and they promptly went above $3.00.

Obama is essentially robbing us every time we fill up.

Price of Gallon of Gas Up 96% Under Obama
February 12, 2013 - 6:31 PM
By Matt Cover

(CNSNews.com) – The average price of a gallon of gas has increased 96 percent since President Barack Obama first took office in 2009, according to figures from the Energy Information Agency (EIA).

According to EIA data, the average price of a gallon of regular unleaded gasoline in the United States was $1.838 on Jan. 19, 2009--the day before Obama took office. As of Monday, Feb. 11, 2013, the per-gallon price had risen to an average of $3.611--an increase of 96 percent.

The $3.677 is not the highest gas prices have been under President Obama. That record was reached the week of May 9, 2011 when they averaged $3.965 per gallon.
- See more at: Price of Gallon of Gas Up 96% Under Obama | CNS News

No, remember? The end of the world was upon us at 2.50 a gallon. The media was running story after story about the little man paying soooo much per gallon. Now, nary a peep.

But the higher prices mean bigger profits for oil companies to reinvest in oil drilling, right?

LOL

Gas prices were $1.84 when Obama took office and they promptly went above $3.00.

Obama is essentially robbing us every time we fill up.

Price of Gallon of Gas Up 96% Under Obama
February 12, 2013 - 6:31 PM
By Matt Cover

(CNSNews.com) – The average price of a gallon of gas has increased 96 percent since President Barack Obama first took office in 2009, according to figures from the Energy Information Agency (EIA).

According to EIA data, the average price of a gallon of regular unleaded gasoline in the United States was $1.838 on Jan. 19, 2009--the day before Obama took office. As of Monday, Feb. 11, 2013, the per-gallon price had risen to an average of $3.611--an increase of 96 percent.

The $3.677 is not the highest gas prices have been under President Obama. That record was reached the week of May 9, 2011 when they averaged $3.965 per gallon.
- See more at: Price of Gallon of Gas Up 96% Under Obama | CNS News

Yes, you may thank the Republican congress for the 96% increase of gas under Obama.

gas prices always go down in the fall, and up in the spring. Its called supply and demand.

Now if you want them to go down permantly, build keystone, open the eastern gulf to drilling and allow fracking.

you libtards need to get ready for some really big heating bills this winter due to obama's war on coal and oil. But thats OK, you can heat your houses with solar and wind--------idiots.

When it gets less than $2.00 like it was before your boi king took over, get back to me, I might be impressed.

gas prices always go down in the fall, and up in the spring. Its called supply and demand.

Now if you want them to go down permantly, build keystone, open the eastern gulf to drilling and allow fracking.

you libtards need to get ready for some really big heating bills this winter due to obama's war on coal and oil. But thats OK, you can heat your houses with solar and wind--------idiots.

No. NO.

If Keystone is built, the petroleum coming from Canada will go straight to the Gulf for export. Right now, it stops in the central U.S. and is refined here. So you can safely assume that gasoline prices in the U.S. will increase after the Canadian supplies disappear for domestic use.

reality seems to take longer for some people

reality seems to take longer for some people

Goddammit. I don't much like Obama either, but this shit is just plain foolishness.

No. NO.

If Keystone is built, the petroleum coming from Canada will go straight to the Gulf for export. Right now, it stops in the central U.S. and is refined here. So you can safely assume that gasoline prices in the U.S. will increase after the Canadian supplies disappear for domestic use.

wrong, the whole point of keystone is to get the oil to refineries in the US.

BTW, O'Reilly is totally wrong on what drives the price of oil, and so are you.

We don't want your bad advice, thank you.

Last edited:

We don't want your bad advise, thank you.

Just our money, right?

Forum List

Back