F35 - superfighter or lame duck?

The F-35 program death spiral that ManOnTheStreet predicted continues...

Poland plans to buy 32 F-35A fighters: minister - Reuters
WARSAW (Reuters) - Poland plans to buy 32 Lockheed Martin F-35A fighters to replace Soviet-era jets, Defence Minister Mariusz Blaszczak said on Tuesday, amid the growing assertiveness of neighbour Russia. “Today we sent a request for quotation (LOR) to our American partners regarding the purchase of 32 F-35A aircraft along with a logistics and training package,” Blaszczak tweeted.

Finland is probably up next, there selection process to replace their F-18s is this year.

When US Navy and Marine F-35 pilots most need performance, the aircraft becomes erratic

Still Not RDY for prime time . Cannot manuever violently enough to avoid a missle and cannot sustain supersonic without risking damage to the aircraft. Both cat1 deficiencies. Tells me we are constantly being lied to about this craft because I find it implausable they just discovered these

This affects only the B and C models. Not the A the AF uses. But it's strictly a software issue and the differences between the airframes. Not something to worry about greatly but something that needs to be addressed quickly. And it will be. New Aircraft being updated almost daily means new capabilities also means new problems to be address. Much like the Super Hornet, F-15, F-16 Lawn Darts, etc.. Each time, what came out of it was the worlds best Fighter that lasted for many decades.

If I were a fighter pilot, I would not want to go up against an F 35

If I were a fighter pilot, I would not want to go up against an F 35
Right now that's just propaganda. There is no real world results yet.

The Greatest Bomber that ever was in service never dropped a bomb in anger. Can you tell me what bomber that was? The Greatest Bomber that threw the biggest scare into the world that never went into service was? Can you tell what that one was? You don't have to actually use something in combat for it to be great. The fear of the other side of it justifies it's existence. Right now, the F-35 has the other side jumping out of it's skin. I'll settle for that.

Lies upon lies ......
Yet you purposely ignore when asked to support the constant stream of lies you spin in this thread. You're the absolute fucking incredible retard who claims F-35 isn't stealthy, and when stealth analysis is brought into the thread showing it's on par with F-22 you're remarkably silent. You're the absolute fucking incredible retard who believes all jets fly around at supersonic speeds and 70k feet, despite clear data showing almost every AA kill has been at middle altitudes and transonic speeds. You're the absolute fucking incredible retard who thinks a max speed of an aircraft is how they fly on combat missions, nobody has drag penalties for tanks and weapons, just look at the wiki page to get max speed in an airshow and that's how fast it can fly all the time in combat missions.

Would you like me to (again) link to where you talked up about how dominant F-22 was an air superiority fighter, including talking about kill ratios in exercises that are similar to F-35? Exactly how many planes as F-22 shot down again? You know, the one you've decided is the dominant fighter.

Lies upon lies ......
Yet you purposely ignore when asked to support the constant stream of lies you spin in this thread. You're the absolute fucking incredible retard who claims F-35 isn't stealthy, and when stealth analysis is brought into the thread showing it's on par with F-22 you're remarkably silent. You're the absolute fucking incredible retard who believes all jets fly around at supersonic speeds and 70k feet, despite clear data showing almost every AA kill has been at middle altitudes and transonic speeds. You're the absolute fucking incredible retard who thinks a max speed of an aircraft is how they fly on combat missions, nobody has drag penalties for tanks and weapons, just look at the wiki page to get max speed in an airshow and that's how fast it can fly all the time in combat missions.

Would you like me to (again) link to where you talked up about how dominant F-22 was an air superiority fighter, including talking about kill ratios in exercises that are similar to F-35? Exactly how many planes as F-22 shot down again? You know, the one you've decided is the dominant fighter.

And the F-22 is playing catchup to the F-35 and slowly losing that battle. But all the other Fighters have quickly lost that battle so it's no big thing. The F-22 is doing fine and will still be doing fine pirating some of the tech from the F-22. It can't do all of it since it's a generation behind but it's doing fine and will get us to the Gen 6 fighter quite nicely. Of course, much of the F-35 will go into the 6th gen fighter.

Manonthestreet's expertly predicted F-35 program death spiral continues...

Trump OKs potential $6.5B F-35 sale to Poland
The Trump administration has formally notified Congress of a potential $6.5 billion sale of F-35 fighter jets to Poland. Details of the sale, posted to the Pentagon’s Defense Security Cooperation Agency (DSCA) website on Wednesday, include 32 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter aircraft, equipment and support. The State Department notified lawmakers of the sale on Tuesday.

Blah blah F-35 makes no sense for Canada due to harsh environment that far north blah blah one engine blah ...

First Among All The Partner Nations, Italy Deploys F-35s To Iceland For NATO Air Policing Mission
The Italian F-35A Lightning II stealth jets belonging to the 13° Gruppo (Squadron) of the 32° Stormo (Wing) will take over the Icelandic Air Policing mission, saveguarding Iceland’s airspace in the next weeks. The Italian aircraft, that have already deployed to Keflavik International Airport, from their homebase at Amendola AB in southeastern Italy, will start flying familiarisation sorties in the next few days. After achieving the NATO certification they will start QRA (Quick Reaction Alert) duties. It’s the second time this year the Italians support the Icelandic Air Policing mission (the fifth in total) and the very first with the 5th Generation aircraft. Noteworthy, the Italian Air Force is the first partner nation to deploy the Joint Strike Fighter on a NATO mission.

As an aside, I recall someone in here claiming the program would be canceled before 500 were built.

You can expect that announcement on the 500th production F-35 coming soon before end of this year. There are already more F-35s than F-22s, Gripens, or Rafales. Next year F-35 numbers will also surpass Eurofighter Typhoon.

As an aside, I recall someone in here claiming the program would be canceled before 500 were built.

You can expect that announcement on the 500th production F-35 coming soon before end of this year. There are already more F-35s than F-22s, Gripens, or Rafales. Next year F-35 numbers will also surpass Eurofighter Typhoon.
Don't recall that, never underestimate bureaucracy's ability to make bad choices.

You think? I'm not sure chaff is that high a priority for a stealthy jet with a towed decoy and the strongest active/passive electronic defense suite in the air.

The F-35 is not stealthy in the German skies. German radar systems that can interpret electro-magnetic signatures followed two F-35 flying to a commercial show in Germany (10 in air refuelings) over 100 kilometers.
The system is passive, it doesn´t send anything and the pilots won´t know they are observed and can´t locate the radar. The radar requires busy antennas in the area, such as TV or radio stations. We have them all across the country.
So, when F-35 are about to attack us, we can monitor them until their bombs grow larger...

Passives Radar: Deutsche Techniker sollen US-Kampfjet enttarnt haben - SPIEGEL ONLINE - Wissenschaft

Forum List

Back