Factcheck: "discouraged workers" hardly the only factor of th low labor participation

So you're actually suggesting the financial crisis didn't happen under Bush's watch?

So what was the major thing Obama does he throws a bone to rich Unions,Auto Companies and Insurance companies ALL TO HELP THE RICH. Yes Rich Unions do you think that the unions are not your boss guess again. Andrew Carnage was nicer to his employees than the Union grabbing bosses Are to there people.
Where does anyone get 350,000,000.00 of other peoples money to spend but a union.
Should be illegal, all union money should be spent on union benefits, and political parties campaigns

And then he spends the next 4 years saying the rich are evil do you not understand bait and switch what a bunch of fools.
I still have that bridge for sale in Brooklyn and when I close the sale it will not be the first time it was sold in liberal NYC

I want substantive proof Obama has given money to rich people.

Go ahead. I'll wait.

Well I do not have any canceled checks but I think the big bail out went to some well to do Corporations and some to pay union pensions unless at the time CNN,MSNBC,AND EVEN fox got it wrong.

So you're actually suggesting the financial crisis didn't happen under Bush's watch?

So what was the major thing Obama does he throws a bone to rich Unions,Auto Companies and Insurance companies ALL TO HELP THE RICH. Yes Rich Unions do you think that the unions are not your boss guess again. Andrew Carnage was nicer to his employees than the Union grabbing bosses Are to there people.
Where does anyone get 350,000,000.00 of other peoples money to spend but a union.
Should be illegal, all union money should be spent on union benefits, and political parties campaigns

And then he spends the next 4 years saying the rich are evil do you not understand bait and switch what a bunch of fools.
I still have that bridge for sale in Brooklyn and when I close the sale it will not be the first time it was sold in liberal NYC

Go ahead. I'll wait.

That's an easy one Billy; Quantitative Easing. You and I didn't directly benefit from those policies, but the ultra rich did.

But it was weird how the race dude ignored all the money Bush gave to his Wall street investment bankers to keep all of them from collapsing. He just forgot all that money.

Go ahead. I'll wait.

I can't believe that the only thing you got out of this is that Money went to Rich people.

The Union coments I guess you agree with.

Seems to me that I have read on here how government does not create jobs. Then I read how Bush isn't responsible for the job losses that occurred during his presidency. Then I read how it is Obama's fault that the recovery has been so slow.

Which is it. Does government create jobs or not? Are presidents responsible for what happens to the economy during their time in office, or not? Just curious.

Can't have it both ways unless you are at Burger King or something.

Government tends to create government jobs yes Presidents are responsible for what happens on their watch I hold Bush responsible for what happened under his presidency however I do not hold him responsible for what has happened under Obamas as so many on the left want to do.

That being the case, this particular government has not done a very good job creating government jobs. Reagan did a much better job of creating government jobs didn't he?

But it is good to know that if a Republican wins the next presidential election and the economy goes to shit, that Repubs won't be blaming Obama for the fall.

I always thought it was like Obama said, the current President is dealing with ALL the decisions made by not only his immediate predecessor but also dealing with decisions presidents made in terms past.

I still think that is the way it works. It ain't like each new president coming into office has a clean slate to start all over again, is it?
There was also a booming private sector under Reagan as we'll and yes there will be Some Republicans who blame Obama long after he leaves office just as some Democrats have done with Bush all Presidents get baggage from the previous one the question is how will they handle it.

Government tends to create government jobs yes Presidents are responsible for what happens on their watch I hold Bush responsible for what happened under his presidency however I do not hold him responsible for what has happened under Obamas as so many on the left want to do.

That being the case, this particular government has not done a very good job creating government jobs. Reagan did a much better job of creating government jobs didn't he?

But it is good to know that if a Republican wins the next presidential election and the economy goes to shit, that Repubs won't be blaming Obama for the fall.

I always thought it was like Obama said, the current President is dealing with ALL the decisions made by not only his immediate predecessor but also dealing with decisions presidents made in terms past.

I still think that is the way it works. It ain't like each new president coming into office has a clean slate to start all over again, is it?
There was also a booming private sector under Reagan as we'll and yes there will be Some Republicans who blame Obama long after he leaves office just as some Democrats have done with Bush all Presidents get baggage from the previous one the question is how will they handle it.

I only blame Bush for the crap that still lingers today, such as the 2008 financial crisis. However I also realize many factors created that crisis so I hardly put all the blame on him.

Um yeah history doesn't change. :cuckoo:

Um history? Don't you really mean hysteria (rewritten history)?

You're cute with egg on your face, Billy. :D

It didn't... last I checked the POTUS isn't in charge of the banking industry.. matter of fact though, Bush did warn repeatedly about an impending meltdown but was summarily dressed down and damn near called a racist by the likes of Waters, Frank, etc. for even suggesting that loaning gobs of money to people who provided only stated income and assets was probably not a good idea.

Go ahead. I'll wait.

That's an easy one Billy; Quantitative Easing. You and I didn't directly benefit from those policies, but the ultra rich did.

But it was weird how the race dude ignored all the money Bush gave to his Wall street investment bankers to keep all of them from collapsing. He just forgot all that money.

Oh trust me Georgie is not one of my favorites
We always allow gov to spend as I would not
Never never would I allow unions anything

Um history? Don't you really mean hysteria (rewritten history)?

You're cute with egg on your face, Billy. :D

It didn't... last I checked the POTUS isn't in charge of the banking industry.. matter of fact though, Bush did warn repeatedly about an impending meltdown but was summarily dressed down and damn near called a racist by the likes of Waters, Frank, etc. for even suggesting that loaning gobs of money to people who provided only stated income and assets was probably not a good idea.

You hypocrites. If the crisis happened under Obama's watch you cons wouldn't stop bitching about it. You would assign most of the blame to him and you goddamn know it. Instead it was under Bush so of course he was still the good guy.

The other two chief reasons are more people going on disability and more baby boomers retiring. Not only that, but the decline in participation began before Obama came into office.

Obama?s Numbers (January 2014 Update)

The reality is that over 3 million new jobs have been added to the economy (net job creation. 8 million jobs in total created since he came into office). 2.5 million of those jobs are directly related to the Recovery Act. Altogether 2.5x more jobs have been created in his 5 years than the previous 8.

I've known and quoted the above for a while. Who's saying otherwise now?

Seems to me that I have read on here how government does not create jobs. Then I read how Bush isn't responsible for the job losses that occurred during his presidency. Then I read how it is Obama's fault that the recovery has been so slow.

Which is it. Does government create jobs or not? Are presidents responsible for what happens to the economy during their time in office, or not? Just curious.

Can't have it both ways unless you are at Burger King or something.

I'm not blaming Bush for what happens under Obama. However, the millions of jobs lost in Obama's very first few months are not his fault. Many things contributed to the 2008 crisis, not just Bush however.

In other words...

'There were many contributing factors, but it occurred under Bush's watch and therefore it's his fault. As for Obama, there are many contributing factors and it occurred under his watch, but the slow recovery is Bush's fault.'

:clap2:

Go ahead. I'll wait.

Solyndra: Politics infused Obama energy programs - The Washington Post

I win. You lose. :eusa_whistle:

Oh, stop it.

Read: I don't like new information or new ideas.

Reality: Businesses will higher the cheaper employee over the more expensive one.

There are no jobs because we've moved them overseas and/or replaced them with machines.

We've gutted our manufacturing core and thus gutted the economies of all communities that used to rely on a factory or major industry in their area for employment. Those people have no where to go because there are no jobs elsewhere.

--low skilled or no skilled labor are screwed as are the employees of businesses in that community.

Go ahead. I'll wait.

Ummm...didn't Bush sign off on Solyndra during his administration?

(Yes)

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...fe/solyndra-loan-george-w-bush-david-plouffe/

You hypocrites. If the crisis happened under Obama's watch you cons wouldn't stop bitching about it. You would assign most of the blame to him and you goddamn know it. Instead it was under Bush so of course he was still the good guy.

Yeah it started during bush and O has exacerbated the problems.

Go ahead. I'll wait.

Ummm...didn't Bush sign off on Solyndra during his administration?

(Yes)

Did the program that funded the Solyndra loan start under George W. Bush? David Plouffe says so | PolitiFact

Ummm... no. And I'd appreciate you taking the time to read your own links before accusing me of being incorrect;

Ultimately, the Bush administration program didn't finalize a single loan guarantee.

Question to you, was it Bush who authorized the $535 million to Solyndra or was it Obama?

(psst, it was Obama)

The other two chief reasons are more people going on disability and more baby boomers retiring. Not only that, but the decline in participation began before Obama came into office.

Obama?s Numbers (January 2014 Update)

The reality is that over 3 million new jobs have been added to the economy (net job creation. 8 million jobs in total created since he came into office). 2.5 million of those jobs are directly related to the Recovery Act. Altogether 2.5x more jobs have been created in his 5 years than the previous 8.

Since you are big on statistics, how many of those jobs were part time and how many full timers have been put on part time since Obamacare was implemented?

Regardless what Fox News and republicans are telling you, ObamaCare is not affecting job growth.

Billy, there isn't a word in the English language to describe the level of stupid you have achieved. I'm starting to think you're either purposely pulling everyone's leg here, or you're like 17 years old.

Oh, stop it.

Read: I don't like new information or new ideas.

Reality: Businesses will higher the cheaper employee over the more expensive one.

There are no jobs because we've moved them overseas and/or replaced them with machines.

We've gutted our manufacturing core and thus gutted the economies of all communities that used to rely on a factory or major industry in their area for employment. Those people have no where to go because there are no jobs elsewhere.

--low skilled or no skilled labor are screwed as are the employees of businesses in that community.

Reality is a stranger to you just like truth, I see.
First off, it's "hire" not "higher." That sets the tone for the rest of your post.
Businesses will not hire the cheapest employees. They will hire the best for the money.
If there are no jobs then why are people still working?
We manufacture more today than ever. What has changed is efficiency and automation have reduced the need for labor.
The same thing happened with agriculture. All those people in 1900 employed in agriculture eventually found jobs in other industries. The same would happen here if gov't didnt try fixing the problem.

Forum List

Back