Factory discards CV-19 test swabs after maskless Trump visit

What a selfish bastard. I'd suggest that they send him the bill - But his check would likely bounce :mad:

A medical swab manufacturer was forced to discard coronavirus testing swabs following Donald Trump‘s visit to its Maine facility, according to USA Today.​
While workers in lab coats and personal protective equipment worked on the factory floor during the president’s visit to Puritan Medical Products on Friday, Mr Trump — who did not wear a mask — walked through the facility and visited with workers.​
Puritan’s marketing manager for the company told USA Today that the factory was in “limited” operation during the president’s tour and “swabs produced during that time will be discarded”.​

480f1f0c-2fc6-4e88-9425-b1cd7d710bdb-AP_Virus_Outbreak_Trump_1.jpg
He is such an unthinking jerk. Great picture. Ought to be a campaign ad.
He is tested daily and is negative. Leftist narrative and you fell for it. Tsk tsk tsk, White.
Sorry Zog. Didn't see your post. What does tested daily have to do with it? If a doctor was tested and not found to have some kind of infection, would you let him in a clean room/ operating room to cut on you mother or kid or even observe without mask and gloves, picking up stuff, picking his nose with swabs laying around. Did you take health?
Its different. He is not cutting anyone open. He doesn't have the disease so he cannot spread it. If this was pre COVID no one would care and now we have gone over the top. I recovered in early April and people still ask me how I feel? WTF? This isn't AIDS. It is a cold but the media brainwashed us. When people ask me now, I tell them this isn't leprosy and they get all offended and then I roll my eyes and walk away. I no longer tolerate ignorance and believing what the lying media tells you as facts.
Not different. Basic health, although trump doesn't understand that kind of thing. Glad you have recovered. You are a statistic. I am not. Hope the aids thing is working out. Glad you know the difference between Covid-19 and leprosy. Don't be offended if people ask you how you are feeling, after they find out or you tell them you have recovered from it. They just care that you are OK, though they probably haven't read your message board stuff. I read all your stuff and I am still glad you are over it. I do some eye rolling, myself. :cool:
They ask because they are ignorant. Do you ask those who recovered from the flu 7 weeks ago, how they feel? Ignorance is not bliss.
I don't ask and they don't tell. Having had COVID-19 is kind of like a "war story", "I was there", "this ain't not shit" kind of thing. Many if not most of us have been in areas of low infection, done distancing and avoidance, used good sanitation, and taken precautions (don't even want to get into that aids thing you mentioned), so the vast majority have not had it, only the unwary few, which didn't turn out well for a hundred thousand or so in this country. It is people like you in your late 30s that give other thirty-somethings confidence, they won't die of some disease that others (mostly older) have died from. Why, if I met you, I would shake your hand, er, uh, if we were both wearing gloves. :auiqs.jpg:
LOL

Media has scared the country? Don't need gloves, I am immune. If you're A+ you can have some plasma. I just don't get it but I see your POV.

We don't know if you are "immune" or not at present.

We don't but gun to your head, yes, since I have donated plasma to help those who are sick.

I did plasma as well, many times up until the time I was around 50.
So like 35 years ago?;)

Nah, 12 but that was funny. I gave blood here in Oregon a couple months ago and they did offer that opportunity after testing my blood.

It was time consuming, although that process may be quicker now - IDK
Nope. Still time consuming.

Thanks, it wasn't THAT bad. A couple of hours, but they had a real comfy recliner in what was more like a man cave than a medical facility with great movies to pick from. :)
It was less than 2 hrs but slower than just giving blood.

The time frame for plasma donation really varies from donor to donor. With some people it comes right out quickly, others not so much.

Traditionally, they pay donors for this service because of the long time, and they pay in cash. The ideal place for a plasma donation lab is next to a liquor store and across the street from a soup kitchen. Being adjacent to a public library is useful too, as donors can read the magazines while they are waiting.

What a selfish bastard. I'd suggest that they send him the bill - But his check would likely bounce :mad:

A medical swab manufacturer was forced to discard coronavirus testing swabs following Donald Trump‘s visit to its Maine facility, according to USA Today.​
While workers in lab coats and personal protective equipment worked on the factory floor during the president’s visit to Puritan Medical Products on Friday, Mr Trump — who did not wear a mask — walked through the facility and visited with workers.​
Puritan’s marketing manager for the company told USA Today that the factory was in “limited” operation during the president’s tour and “swabs produced during that time will be discarded”.​

He is tested daily and is negative. Leftist narrative and you fell for it. Tsk tsk tsk, White.
Sorry Zog. Didn't see your post. What does tested daily have to do with it? If a doctor was tested and not found to have some kind of infection, would you let him in a clean room/ operating room to cut on you mother or kid or even observe without mask and gloves, picking up stuff, picking his nose with swabs laying around. Did you take health?
Its different. He is not cutting anyone open. He doesn't have the disease so he cannot spread it. If this was pre COVID no one would care and now we have gone over the top. I recovered in early April and people still ask me how I feel? WTF? This isn't AIDS. It is a cold but the media brainwashed us. When people ask me now, I tell them this isn't leprosy and they get all offended and then I roll my eyes and walk away. I no longer tolerate ignorance and believing what the lying media tells you as facts.
Not different. Basic health, although trump doesn't understand that kind of thing. Glad you have recovered. You are a statistic. I am not. Hope the aids thing is working out. Glad you know the difference between Covid-19 and leprosy. Don't be offended if people ask you how you are feeling, after they find out or you tell them you have recovered from it. They just care that you are OK, though they probably haven't read your message board stuff. I read all your stuff and I am still glad you are over it. I do some eye rolling, myself. :cool:

Agree, I like Zog and sincerely expressed my concern when he told us about it. One should take that as a compliment that they care enough to ask. Rolling one's eyes and walking away wouldn't engender positive feelings.

You're right about clean rooms also. I understand that these facilities would consider it a compliment that the POTUS would visit, but they are violating protocol.

I was in the commercial industrial water treatment biz for 15 years. One of the things we did was ultra pure water treatment systems for medical, drug and chip manufacturers. I had to put on the booties, gloves and mask every time I walked into a clean room.

Donald is just a vain, selfish prick.
I am a vain and selfish prick, do you dislike me? :)
Hell not. We probably have a pretty good bead on each other by now, already have a good idea where we will agree and disagree. Don't remember changing you mind much, you know I don't change much at my age. Rock on, dude.

They ask because they are ignorant. Do you ask those who recovered from the flu 7 weeks ago, how they feel? Ignorance is not bliss.
I don't ask and they don't tell. Having had COVID-19 is kind of like a "war story", "I was there", "this ain't not shit" kind of thing. Many if not most of us have been in areas of low infection, done distancing and avoidance, used good sanitation, and taken precautions (don't even want to get into that aids thing you mentioned), so the vast majority have not had it, only the unwary few, which didn't turn out well for a hundred thousand or so in this country. It is people like you in your late 30s that give other thirty-somethings confidence, they won't die of some disease that others (mostly older) have died from. Why, if I met you, I would shake your hand, er, uh, if we were both wearing gloves. :auiqs.jpg:
LOL

Media has scared the country? Don't need gloves, I am immune. If you're A+ you can have some plasma. I just don't get it but I see your POV.
I am A+ and donated plasma again last Monday, but supposedly you got the good stuff now.

LOL

We don't but gun to your head, yes, since I have donated plasma to help those who are sick.

So like 35 years ago?;)

Nah, 12 but that was funny. I gave blood here in Oregon a couple months ago and they did offer that opportunity after testing my blood.

About 45 Min. from in the door to out for me.

Agree, I like Zog and sincerely expressed my concern when he told us about it. One should take that as a compliment that they care enough to ask. Rolling one's eyes and walking away wouldn't engender positive feelings.

You're right about clean rooms also. I understand that these facilities would consider it a compliment that the POTUS would visit, but they are violating protocol.

I was in the commercial industrial water treatment biz for 15 years. One of the things we did was ultra pure water treatment systems for medical, drug and chip manufacturers. I had to put on the booties, gloves and mask every time I walked into a clean room.

Donald is just a vain, selfish prick.
I am a vain and selfish prick, do you dislike me? :)
Hell not. We probably have a pretty good bead on each other by now, already have a good idea where we will agree and disagree. Don't remember changing you mind much, you know I don't change much at my age. Rock on, dude.
Dammit!!!

LOL

So like 35 years ago?;)

About 45 Min. from in the door to out for me.
Yep. Same here.

LOL

So like 35 years ago?;)

Thanks, it wasn't THAT bad. A couple of hours, but they had a real comfy recliner in what was more like a man cave than a medical facility with great movies to pick from. :)
Two hours sounds more like platelets. Never done platelets due to the time thing, plus after all these years, still not thrilled about 1 arm with a hole in it, much less both arms.

LOL

So like 35 years ago?;)

The time frame for plasma donation really varies from donor to donor. With some people it comes right out quickly, others not so much.

Traditionally, they pay donors for this service because of the long time, and they pay in cash. The ideal place for a plasma donation lab is next to a liquor store and across the street from a soup kitchen. Being adjacent to a public library is useful too, as donors can read the magazines while they are waiting.
I take my Fire tablet, plus they have a bank of flat screens to watch. There are places in town where they buy and pay, but I donate at Lifeline.

LOL

So like 35 years ago?;)

I take my Fire tablet, plus they have a bank of flat screens to watch. There are places in town where they buy and pay, but I donate at Lifeline.

The last time I signed up for Unemployment checks, back in 1982, the employment counselor wanted to give me a referral to apply for a job as a plasma donor. The job market was pretty weak in the Mahoning Valley that year. The only other job the gal had to refer to me was a test subject for new pharmaceuticals.

LOL

So like 35 years ago?;)

The last time I signed up for Unemployment checks, back in 1982, the employment counselor wanted to give me a referral to apply for a job as a plasma donor. The job market was pretty weak in the Mahoning Valley that year. The only other job the gal had to refer to me was a test subject for new pharmaceuticals.
That sounds horrible. The only time I have ever milked blood for money was in Memphis, back in the 70s to get enough money for a concert ticket to see Jethro Tull. Tickets were cheap back then. Remember being weak and woozy at the show, but could have been from the other things I was doing that night. Good Times! Great show! o_O

LOL

So like 35 years ago?;)

That sounds horrible. The only time I have ever milked blood for money was in Memphis, back in the 70s to get enough money for a concert ticket to see Jethro Tull. Tickets were cheap back then. Remember being weak and woozy at the show, but could have been from the other things I was doing that night. Good Times! Great show! o_O

Those were the best local jobs available in 1982 when Youngstown had a 24.9% official unemployment rate. A lot of my contemporaries left town in that epoch.

Are they pretending that those masks do something.
I see you are still pretending masks do not work to protect others,.

A lot of experts don't think they work at all.

Besides, I suspect that COVID gets into the HVAC and/or plumbing systems and doesn't go directly person to person.

The fact that all of those kids on Spring Break or in the Ozarks or attending the George Floyd Riots are NOT keeling over dead--- yet geezers in the nursing home and sharing the same HVAC system are-- tells me something.

LOL

So like 35 years ago?;)

Those were the best local jobs available in 1982 when Youngstown had a 24.9% official unemployment rate. A lot of my contemporaries left town in that epoch.
Wow. I didn't remember the Reagan years being that bad, but I was down here or on active duty.

LOL

So like 35 years ago?;)

Wow. I didn't remember the Reagan years being that bad, but I was down here or on active duty.

It had nothing to do with President Reagan, the steel collapse started with Mr. Peanut

LOL

So like 35 years ago?;)

Jeezus you guys are old.

So they basically idled the factory making crucial medical equipment for tRump's PR visit.

Nice.

LOL

So like 35 years ago?;)

It had nothing to do with President Reagan, the steel collapse started with Mr. Peanut
Part of the start of the globalization when steel was being dumped here by the Japanese and others? Jimmy was about the unluckiest president in memory. Elected as backlash after running as an outsider going to cleanup Washington after the Nixon/Ford years. Both parties treated him like and outsider. The Saudi oil cartels treated him like a bitch, causing long lines at gas station due to turning off the oil, leading to the 55mph speed limit. The military even let him down on breaking our hostages out. Not much went right. Reagan ran in 80 and it wasn't even close.

LOL

So like 35 years ago?;)

Part of the start of the globalization when steel was being dumped here by the Japanese and others? Jimmy was about the unluckiest president in memory. Elected as backlash after running as an outsider going to cleanup Washington after the Nixon/Ford years. Both parties treated him like and outsider. The Saudi oil cartels treated him like a bitch, causing long lines at gas station due to turning off the oil, leading to the 55mph speed limit. The military even let him down on breaking our hostages out. Not much went right. Reagan ran in 80 and it wasn't even close.

In January 1980, Jimmy Carter led Reagan in the polls by 30 points. And BTW, that was considerably AFTER the ayatoilet embarrassed him by taking the hostages. Until the last week, it was considered to be a "tossup".

That was the first time I every voted. To make it interesting , I made a wager in the bar I was hanging out back then.

Worked out great, the states were falling like dominoes on TV- really made me appreciate politics

LOL

So like 35 years ago?;)

In January 1980, Jimmy Carter led Reagan in the polls by 30 points. And BTW, that was considerably AFTER the ayatoilet embarrassed him by taking the hostages. Until the last week, it was considered to be a "tossup".

That was the first time I every voted. To make it interesting , I made a wager in the bar I was hanging out back then.

Worked out great, the states were falling like dominoes on TV- really made me appreciate politics
I thought I remembered it being a small landslide victory for Reagan. Jimmy had become unpopular down here.

Forum List

Back