Fake Obamacare Outrage!!! Grocers having nutrition labels on Premade Foods!

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
There is a lot of bitch and complain about Obaminationcare. It's a disaster and it will cost us, but this is not one of them. In fact this is a good thing and should have been done a while ago!

They are screaming about grocers having to put nutrition labels on the foods they prepare and sell such as the deli meats and salad bars. They say it will add costs that will be pushed onto the customer. To that I say boohoo. In a country where the majority of the population is overweight and a huge portion of the population can be labeled as obsece, there should be things done to try to reverse this. One way is for the restaurant industry to start putting nutrition content on their food items. When you see a dish has 3,000 cal and 100 F, you might choose something else or in reality restaurants might try to make things better for you.

The restaurant industry seems too not have a problem, but the grocers are complaining. I say this is a fake outrage and something that should have been done a while ago.

Supermarkets cry foul as FDA proposes new food labeling rule under ObamaCare | Fox News

The American people are obviously too stupid to understand when something has a lot of calories. They need a parent. A nice Dad, like obama.

I don't believe it is fake outrage. I believe it is another huge cost that will be passed onto the consumer.

The reason people are obese isn't because we don't have enough labels. They're obese because they don't care. More labels won't fix that.

I don't believe it is fake outrage. I believe it is another huge cost that will be passed onto the consumer.

That's part of the plan to reach the goal. Make these premade meals too expensive to buy. Raise the cost beyond the reasonable ability of people to pay for them.

Putting the nutritional and caloric information has not stopped one Big Mac from being sold because they haven't yet been able to increase the cost sufficiently.

What deli meats and salads make people fat? Sorry, but your an idiot. Fast food and paying people to sit on their rears make people fat. Sheeeesh

The American people are obviously too stupid to understand when something has a lot of calories. They need a parent. A nice Dad, like obama.

You can't look at something and determine what is in it nutrition-wise! Many times people think they are eating healthy and they aren't. This isn't big brother this is informed consent! I think this is a great idea. Why not let people know how many cals, carbs, sugar, fat, and sodium is in the food they are eating? Taste should be a secondary thought in my mind!

Again it's just allowing informed consent. Neither Barack nor Michelle are making any decisions for you! In fact if you want to eat that 3K greasy fried sandwich go right ahead!

Last edited:
What deli meats and salads make people fat? Sorry, but your an idiot. Fast food and paying people to sit on their rears make people fat. Sheeeesh

Fast foods have to do it also douche bag. The main targets are restaurants and fast foods, but grocers will have to do it with their made to order items!

Grocers can always just stop offering the premade foods. That's the whole point anyway. Start forcing people to eat healthy according to government mandates by limiting their choices and decisions.

If the FDA carries this to Hotels that offer the free breakfasts.. You can see those go good-bye beyond the ceral where that information is on the side of box.

If people want nutrition information it should be optional and they should pay for it.

Come on people you know it's for our OWN GOOD..I mean $10 per pound for steak now isn't HIGH ENOUGH..we need MORE passed down on us from this idiot GOVERNMENT

Where I shop they've been putting nutrition labels on foods for years. Not sure what the meltdown is over.

Forum List

Back