Fake Senate ACA Replacement Already Blocked!

No insurance company in it's right mind will ever take on preexisting illness or injury without financial backing from Sam. Isn't going to happen.
They do with medicare

That's what I said....Sam pays 80% you pay 20%.
I was referring to preexisting conditions.

So was I....it doesn't make any difference what's wrong when you qualify for Medicare. Medicaid is 100%.

This is what always gets me...Conservatives talk about how insurance company margins are just 4-5% like it some kind of excuse for us to continue paying these people to do what amounts to nothing more than paper-pushing.
Nope, I am getting sold on something like medicare for everyone, but the facts be the facts, 5 percent while significant doesn't make a big difference.
Aren't you getting older? Because older people will pay more under trumpdontcare
EVERYONE is paying more under Obamacare.

Medicare went up from 108 to 134 this year, which is about an 30 percent increase. Can't blame that on Trump or the Republicans, that is all you guys.
Believe it or not the aca kept rates down. They'd actually be higher today if not for the aca. And eventually you will get sick then that'll be your pre existing conditions. Now they drop you or put you in the expensive pool.

Don't kid yourself thinking Trump don't care is the answer
I'll choose, I don't believe it. Just using SS for the measure a 30 percent increase is significant.
How much did healthcare costs go up from 2000-2008?

Hey, the way I look at it we all pay more so the poor could have healthcare. Then the poor didn't show up in 2010 or 2014 or 2018. I say repeal Obamacare. Not the good stuff like pre existing but cuts to Medicaid, fine. Kick kids off their parents plan at 18? Do it! They didn't care enough to vote I hope they lose it.

I don't even think Republicans have to worry about losing votes because poor people don't vote for them anyways
You bring up the poison pills of Obamacare. A few good things surrounded by a sea of bad things.
Keep the good fix what's wrong.

The private insurance companies cut is about 5 percent, significant but it would seem not significant enough to make that much of a difference.

That's what they always say. Don't tax the rich. It won't make a difference. Yea right.

When the cost goes from 5 billion to 10 billion, that 5% adds up. Might not seem like that much right now but 5% is a lot. 5% a year?
Wife is paying 450 or so per month on obamacare.

5 percent is about 22 dollars? Significant? Depends on income. 450 is really un-affordable for a whole lot of people.
Aren't you getting older? Because older people will pay more under trumpdontcare

Medicare went up from 108 to 134 this year, which is about an 30 percent increase. Can't blame that on Trump or the Republicans, that is all you guys.

What were the annual average increases in premiums before the ACA?

What are they now?

The ACA was designed to slow the the cost increases. It has done that.
They don't realize the insurance companies said they needed a few years before they'd be ready so we gave them a few years.

Now that the price controls are about to kick in they want to end the program.

That's what they always say. Don't tax the rich. It won't make a difference. Yea right.

When the cost goes from 5 billion to 10 billion, that 5% adds up. Might not seem like that much right now but 5% is a lot. 5% a year?

5 percent is about 22 dollars? Significant? Depends on income. 450 is really un-affordable for a whole lot of people.

What are they now?

It appears that any Obamacare savings is a projected savings, has not happened yet. This after a fairly large increase in spending.

US Government Healthcare Spending History with Charts - a www.usgovernmentspending.com briefing

View attachment 135218
Like I said we gave the insurance companies a few years to get ready and yes they have jacked up the prices but that's going to stop.

God I hate the Democrats. Bunch of idiots. They did a horrible job explaining the ACA and Republicans have been effective in slandering the program

What are they now?

Average Individual Health Insurance Premiums Increased 99% Since 2013, the Year Before Obamacare, & Family Premiums Increased 140%, According to eHealth.com Shopping Data
Individual coverage highlights

• Average individual premium: $393 per month for an individual not receiving subsidies in the first two months of the 2017 open enrollment period
  • In 2013, the year before major Obamacare provisions came into effect, the average individual premium was $197 per month
  • Between 2013 and the first two months of the 2017 open enrollment period, average individual premiums have increased 99%
Why isn't the liberal media doing a better job explaining the ACA?

The Democrats suck. They deserve to lose.

What are they now?

Average Individual Health Insurance Premiums Increased 99% Since 2013, the Year Before Obamacare, & Family Premiums Increased 140%, According to eHealth.com Shopping Data

• Average individual premium: $393 per month for an individual not receiving subsidies in the first two months of the 2017 open enrollment period
  • In 2013, the year before major Obamacare provisions came into effect, the average individual premium was $197 per month
  • Between 2013 and the first two months of the 2017 open enrollment period, average individual premiums have increased 99%

So do the Republicans.

What are they now?

So do the Republicans.
I say the American public is going to get what it deserves. Unfortunately that's going to hurt us too. So here is how you win no matter what. The Republican plan doesn't work or make any sense if you think about it. That's why Republicans talk in circles and refuse to admit when a system is rigged for the rich. And when they do admit it's rigged they say the Democrats did it. Intellectual dishonest people.

Anyways, you got to save. That's the answer. No matter what. If you don't Republicans will say it's your own fault. But here's the problem with that. What if everyone saved? Trump would be fucked. So I say start saving and let the economy slow because consumer spending is key to growth. Then they'll realize for an economy to work you have to profit share with every employee not just the management. They can't spend enough to keep the economy going.

So should we spend or save? Are Trump supporters saving? I mean the blue collar ones. Not the usmb ones. They are all CEOs

Nope, I am getting sold on something like medicare for everyone, but the facts be the facts, 5 percent while significant doesn't make a big difference.

That is 5% that doesn't otherwise go to your health care.

There were several things in ACA that were declared unconstitutional as written and it should have been killed and sent back to congress to fix..

Such as? Because the only thing SCOTUS ruled was unconstitutional was the Medicaid Expansion.

Instead Roberts took it upon himself to declare that the BLACK LETTER PENALTIES, included in the bill and found unconstitutional, were suddenly a constitutional tax. Which was of course bullshit also, because he invented a direct tax on people who chose not to buy insurance, and direct taxes, with the exception of income taxes, are themselves unconstitutional.

Without the mandates and the consequential penalty, there's no way you can guarantee universal coverage and maintain profits for insurance companies. So we have a choice to make; is it more important to provide universal coverage, or to maintain profit margins for insurance companies? Because you can't do both.

Republicans are already showing signs that they won't put this turkey up for a vote this week

Even their own Senators don't want to face the voters

That is 5% that doesn't otherwise go to your health care.
Understood and why I said it was significant but really eliminating it would not make a big difference. If it were eliminated the healthcare providers would just gouge more money out of us.

Besides, if we went total single payer, do you think that would not have administration costs?

Understood and why I said it was significant but really eliminating it would not make a big difference. If it were eliminated the healthcare providers would just gouge more money out of us.

How would they do that if there's a single payer? In that situation, it's the single payer that has the leverage, not the providers. Who has the bargaining power when there are multiple providers and a single payer? The single payer does. Why do you think Medicare is prohibited from using its leverage as the largest buyer of prescription drugs to negotiate for cheaper prices? Because if it did, then the drug companies wouldn't make as much money. So it's all about bargaining power and who has the leverage. A single payer has all the leverage, so it and not the providers can determine costs.

Besides, if we went total single payer, do you think that would not have administration costs?

Currently, Medicare's Administrative costs are 1% of its total budget, according to HHS' Medicare Budget.

Currently, Aetna's Administrative costs are 17% of its total budget, according to Aetna's forecast here.

So what is more efficient? 1% or 17%? Where did you get this impression that private, for-profit administration is more efficient than Medicare?

There were several things in ACA that were declared unconstitutional as written and it should have been killed and sent back to congress to fix..

Such as? Because the only thing SCOTUS ruled was unconstitutional was the Medicaid Expansion.

Instead Roberts took it upon himself to declare that the BLACK LETTER PENALTIES, included in the bill and found unconstitutional, were suddenly a constitutional tax. Which was of course bullshit also, because he invented a direct tax on people who chose not to buy insurance, and direct taxes, with the exception of income taxes, are themselves unconstitutional.

Without the mandates and the consequential penalty, there's no way you can guarantee universal coverage and maintain profits for insurance companies. So we have a choice to make; is it more important to provide universal coverage, or to maintain profit margins for insurance companies? Because you can't do both.

If you bother to read the decision the penalties were found unconstitutional also, Roberts relabeled them as a tax. So the only thing you have for SCOTUS legislating form the bench, in violation of Article 1, are excuses. They should have found the whole thing unconstitutional and told congress to to fix it.

Why didn't you address their second rewrite when they applied subsidies to the federal exchanges in violation of the law?

Can't win without votes! Three GOP or more vote, "Nyet(?)" or however that is said(?)!

Enough GOP senators to block Obamacare replacement will announce opposition: NBC News, citing source

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
(At GOP, the "Nyet" votes have it. . . .speaking of Lands of Many Nations!)

First things we need to repeal and replace are Mitch McConnell and Paul Ryan.

You don't get to do that.The voters can in KY and WI respectively.

Good morning Columbus...

What I do get is to call my senator and congressman and tell them to vote against McConnell and Ryan as majority leaders or I am going to vote against them in the next election.

Forum List

Back