Fake Senate ACA Replacement Already Blocked!

Yes, only the entire profits of the health insurance industry.

This is what always gets me...Conservatives talk about how insurance company margins are just 4-5% like it some kind of excuse for us to continue paying these people to do what amounts to nothing more than paper-pushing.

If we want to make a real impact, we should tax the good looking. They get all the perks and admiration for what? An accident of birth. Fight the power!

I think we should also tax the tall people too. And yes, I am 0 for 2.

The arrogant bastards have it coming!

But of course taxing the rich isn't a question of social justice. It's more akin to the story of the bank robber who was asked why he robbed banks. ("That's where the money is.")

Here is what I don't understand.

The most likely of people to have medical problems, expensive medical problems are the old. Yet they are covered under medicare for 139 a month. Although that only covers 80 percent of part B (hospital) it still covers most seniors.

Then the private insurance companies are offering all sorts of low cost supplemental/advantage plans, most with things like free gym membership without a monthly premium.

But buy something on Obamacare. High premiums, greater than 400/month easily, and high out of pocket for example 750 dollars to go to the emergency room and not be admitted.

But since most people are covered by employer subsidized health care insurance most either don't care or think Obamacare is great stuff because their uncle Lou has coverage and it is FREEEEEEEEE.

In my opinion medicare is far superior then anything I see on the exchanges, price wise. Is that because it is heavily subsidized by the government?

Duh? Which is why "Medicare for All" is simply "Welfare for All".

Not if one is paying for it.

Just exactly how is one "paying for it"? Are you going to raise the FICA to cover the increased costs?

Will they pay the same premiums as retirees?

What happens when doctors refuse to accept them as Medicare patients?

Can you read? I think not because that was in my post. Really pisses you off that you get in a debate about something you know absolutely nothing about.

I read just fine. Apparently you cannot.

I asked you several questions to clarify what you said and you ignored them or could not understand.

Again, will you answer my questions or still be a typical liberal whiner?

Can't win without votes! Three GOP or more vote, "Nyet(?)" or however that is said(?)!

Enough GOP senators to block Obamacare replacement will announce opposition: NBC News, citing source

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
(At GOP, the "Nyet" votes have it. . . .speaking of Lands of Many Nations!)

First things we need to repeal and replace are Mitch McConnell and Paul Ryan.

You don't get to do that.The voters can in KY and WI respectively.

The most likely of people to have medical problems, expensive medical problems are the old. Yet they are covered under medicare for 139 a month. Although that only covers 80 percent of part B (hospital) it still covers most seniors.

Then the private insurance companies are offering all sorts of low cost supplemental/advantage plans, most with things like free gym membership without a monthly premium.

But buy something on Obamacare. High premiums, greater than 400/month easily, and high out of pocket for example 750 dollars to go to the emergency room and not be admitted.

But since most people are covered by employer subsidized health care insurance most either don't care or think Obamacare is great stuff because their uncle Lou has coverage and it is FREEEEEEEEE.

In my opinion medicare is far superior then anything I see on the exchanges, price wise. Is that because it is heavily subsidized by the government?

Just exactly how is one "paying for it"? Are you going to raise the FICA to cover the increased costs?

Can you read? I think not because that was in my post. Really pisses you off that you get in a debate about something you know absolutely nothing about.

I asked you several questions to clarify what you said and you ignored them or could not understand.

NO you don't read just fine, I said to tack on 1% to payroll taxes and pay a reasonable premium for Medicare. Payroll taxes = FICA.

NO liberal whiner, I know what I'm talking about and you don't. It's not rocket science like you and GOP think it is, there is a very simple fix.

NO you don't read just fine, I said to tack on 1% to payroll taxes and pay a reasonable premium for Medicare. Payroll taxes = FICA.

NO liberal whiner, I know what I'm talking about and you don't. It's not rocket science like you and GOP think it is, there is a very simple fix.

That's funny! I don't see it anywhere in the quoted posts above. That is quite a talent you have there. Reading something you forgot to type!

So, how much of the costs will that 1% increase pay for and what kind of monthly premium are you going to charge? Reasonable to you probably will not be enough to offset the additional costs.

Remember, you can't touch anything that is already taxed because that money s already allocated.

If it is that simple then why didn't the simpleton in chief fix it during his 8 wasted years?

Is that because it is heavily subsidized by the government?

It's a result of no profit motive and efficiencies and cost savings across the board.
The private insurance companies cut is about 5 percent, significant but it would seem not significant enough to make that much of a difference.

That's what they always say. Don't tax the rich. It won't make a difference. Yea right.

When the cost goes from 5 billion to 10 billion, that 5% adds up. Might not seem like that much right now but 5% is a lot. 5% a year?
Wife is paying 450 or so per month on obamacare.

5 percent is about 22 dollars? Significant? Depends on income. 450 is really un-affordable for a whole lot of people.

This is what always gets me...Conservatives talk about how insurance company margins are just 4-5% like it some kind of excuse for us to continue paying these people to do what amounts to nothing more than paper-pushing.
Nope, I am getting sold on something like medicare for everyone, but the facts be the facts, 5 percent while significant doesn't make a big difference.

It's a result of no profit motive and efficiencies and cost savings across the board.
The private insurance companies cut is about 5 percent, significant but it would seem not significant enough to make that much of a difference.

That's what they always say. Don't tax the rich. It won't make a difference. Yea right.

When the cost goes from 5 billion to 10 billion, that 5% adds up. Might not seem like that much right now but 5% is a lot. 5% a year?

5 percent is about 22 dollars? Significant? Depends on income. 450 is really un-affordable for a whole lot of people.
Aren't you getting older? Because older people will pay more under trumpdontcare

Aren't you getting older? Because older people will pay more under trumpdontcare
EVERYONE is paying more under Obamacare.

Medicare went up from 108 to 134 this year, which is about an 30 percent increase. Can't blame that on Trump or the Republicans, that is all you guys.

Nope, I am getting sold on something like medicare for everyone, but the facts be the facts, 5 percent while significant doesn't make a big difference.

Medicare went up from 108 to 134 this year, which is about an 30 percent increase. Can't blame that on Trump or the Republicans, that is all you guys.
Believe it or not the aca kept rates down. They'd actually be higher today if not for the aca. And eventually you will get sick then that'll be your pre existing conditions. Now they drop you or put you in the expensive pool.

Don't kid yourself thinking Trump don't care is the answer

California is trying something different and it sounds like a good idea. I can't remember the details but they're going to try a different way and if it works there it can work anywhere. I hear California's economy alone is bigger that most other nations. It's like a country itself.

Believe it or not the aca kept rates down. They'd actually be higher today if not for the aca. And eventually you will get sick then that'll be your pre existing conditions. Now they drop you or put you in the expensive pool.

I'll choose, I don't believe it. Just using SS for the measure a 30 percent increase is significant.

I'll choose, I don't believe it. Just using SS for the measure a 30 percent increase is significant.
How much did healthcare costs go up from 2000-2008?

Hey, the way I look at it we all pay more so the poor could have healthcare. Then the poor didn't show up in 2010 or 2014 or 2018. I say repeal Obamacare. Not the good stuff like pre existing but cuts to Medicaid, fine. Kick kids off their parents plan at 18? Do it! They didn't care enough to vote I hope they lose it.

I don't even think Republicans have to worry about losing votes because poor people don't vote for them anyways

If it is that simple then why didn't the simpleton in chief fix it during his 8 wasted years?
Republicans blocked any attempt to "fix" Obamacare

They wanted it to fail

They wanted it to fail
canned response.

How much did healthcare costs go up from 2000-2008?

Hey, the way I look at it we all pay more so the poor could have healthcare. Then the poor didn't show up in 2010 or 2014 or 2018. I say repeal Obamacare. Not the good stuff like pre existing but cuts to Medicaid, fine. Kick kids off their parents plan at 18? Do it! They didn't care enough to vote I hope they lose it.

I don't even think Republicans have to worry about losing votes because poor people don't vote for them anyways
You bring up the poison pills of Obamacare. A few good things surrounded by a sea of bad things.

They wanted it to fail
canned response.
But true........republicans have pulled funding for Obamacare, now they are revoking the taxes that pay for it

Then they giggle when it fails

What were the annual average increases in premiums before the ACA?

What are they now?

The ACA was designed to slow the the cost increases. It has done that.

Forum List

Back