🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Family suing after feds seize life savings at Pittsburgh airport

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
A father and daughter are suing two federal agencies after agents seized over $82,000 in cash from the latter at Pittsburgh International Airport, according to reports.
Family Suing After Feds Seize Life Savings at Pittsburgh Airport

Not sure I would have transported that much. If a cop pulls you over you can have 2,000 grand on you all they have to say is it's drug money and there goes your life lol it's that simple jackasses.

Anything over $10 grand is subject to confiscation, unless you can prove it is not illecit.

Anything over $10 grand is subject to confiscation, unless you can prove it is not illecit.
Yup, if one carries cash one also has to carry the proof it is legitimate. They were trying to get that amount lowered which I thought was ridiculous. We didn't have a bank card for years so we carried cash. This whole card stuff is BS too. Its a racket and that is getting worse because they want credit cards for they get an extra charge in there and refuse bank cards at some places.

A father and daughter are suing two federal agencies after agents seized over $82,000 in cash from the latter at Pittsburgh International Airport, according to reports.
Family Suing After Feds Seize Life Savings at Pittsburgh Airport

Not sure I would have transported that much. If a cop pulls you over you can have 2,000 grand on you all they have to say is it's drug money and there goes your life lol it's that simple jackasses.

Another example of why civil forfeiture laws are wrong and should be banned.

Yup, if one carries cash one also has to carry the proof it is legitimate. They were trying to get that amount lowered which I thought was ridiculous. We didn't have a bank card for years so we carried cash. This whole card stuff is BS too. Its a racket and that is getting worse because they want credit cards for they get an extra charge in there and refuse bank cards at some places.
The government wants to be able to keep track of us by tracking our money. Its a loss of freedom to be required to use the banking system to keep our money.

The government wants to be able to keep track of us by tracking our money. Its a loss of freedom to be required to use the banking system to keep our money.

You can keep cash in your mattress.

Yeah! That may very well be where the dad in linked story kept his cash. Are you paying attention to what this thread is about. Try to transport too much cash at once and the feds will take it.

Yeah! That may very well be where the dad in linked story kept his cash. Are you paying attention to what this thread is about. Try to transport too much cash at once and the feds will take it.
its not the feds taking it, its the locals

Just referring to the article linked in the OP witch says Feds in the title. Local law enforcement can be just as bad.

It was seized by the DEA. These forfeiture laws are wrong and unconstitutional.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wa...a-bb7b-265f4554af6d_story.html?outputType=amp

Just referring to the article linked in the OP witch says Feds in the title. Local law enforcement can be just as bad.

I should have said (its not just the feds, the locals take most of it)

Forum List

Back