Family That Owns Walmart Makes $100 million a day

it is their money so let them enjoy their wealth their father left them...
I would if it wasn't resulting in annoying shopping, and shoppers getting killed by mass shooters.

Wow. I didn't open this thread to have USMB's stupid sector displayed.

Well it is stupid for you to complain about someone wealth.

First off the chance of dying by firearm in Wal-Mart is unlikely and if you do not like the shopping carts then shop at Target or somewhere else.

It is their money and not yours...

I've gotten to where I have to use the electric shopping carts, even those things have flat spots in one of the wheels. What I want to know is how those wheels get flat spots?

I always seem to get a cart that, somehow, has a flat spot in it so the cart goes "thunk, thunk, thunk" all around the store.

Get a different one, silly!
He can do that, and there are some good ones, but he may try 4 times before he gets the good one. :doubt:

Then find that one woman with the ten kids and have her kids carry your stuff...

The Wal-Mart here has self checkout, so I use that now and I shop online to bypass most of the nonsense when it come to Wal-Mart...

I am a former business owner, a former college economics teacher, a believer in capitalism & private enterprise, but man, this is ridiculous. Talk about things "Gone Wild", this might take the cake.

The Waltons who own Walmart, are the wealthiest family in the world with a net worth of $190 Billion.

They are raking in $70K/minute...…………. $4 million/hour...……….$100 Million/day...……..

Wouldn't you think with all that money coming in, these money gobblers could >>>

• provide us some decent shopping carts

• have all their cashier lanes open (instead of less than half)

• pay their employees a living wage

• have a reasonable level of armed security guards

• sell the stuff we want to buy (so we don't have to go online)

• JEEEZ!

Why would they do any of that when obviously what Walmart is doing now is WORKING? in general the shareholders are happy and the customers are happy.

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

However if you don't like the state of affairs at Walmart, do what I do, don't shop there.
Are you feeling OK ? I noted in the OP that NO, the customers are NOT happy.
If the customers aren't happy then how can the Walton Family be making $100 million a day, while Walmart is generating over $500 Billion in annual revenue and growing at a healthy 2.8% clip? The numbers sure make it sound like the Customers are ECSTATIC, they keep buying.

For someone that claims to be "a former business owner, a former college economics teacher," you sure don't seem to have a grasp on what metrics constitute a successful business because by all measures Walmart is one of the most successful businesses in the world.

The shopping carts suck, the lines are too long and slow (due to minimal cashier lanes open), insufficient security (forgot El Paso already ?), etc
Sounds like you're in the minority of Walmart customers that aren't happy, so the prudent course of action on your part would be to shop somewhere else.

I always seem to get a cart that, somehow, has a flat spot in it so the cart goes "thunk, thunk, thunk" all around the store.

He can do that, and there are some good ones, but he may try 4 times before he gets the good one. :doubt:

Then find that one woman with the ten kids and have her kids carry your stuff...

The Wal-Mart here has self checkout, so I use that now and I shop online to bypass most of the nonsense when it come to Wal-Mart...

Ours has pickup now, just order and go pick it up. Much easier and cuts down on impulse buying and our youngest screaming she wants everything in sight

Ours has pickup now, just order and go pick it up. Much easier and cuts down on impulse buying and our youngest screaming she wants everything in sight

True!

Almost all the stores have it now and HEB ( Texas based Store ) even delivers the groceries now...

Hell shopping with carts will be a thing of the past...

First off the chance of dying by firearm in Wal-Mart is unlikely and if you do not like the shopping carts then shop at Target or somewhere else.

That's not what I'm complaining about, Mr Don't Get It.

The complaint is about the cashier lanes, the security, and the shopping carts. Getting enough sleep ?

As for your idea of not complaining, complaining is a fundamental American right and concept, written in the Constitution. If you can't handle dissent, maybe YOU can LIVE "somewhere else" (Syria, Cuba, China, N.Korea - all frown on complaining)

True!

Almost all the stores have it now and HEB ( Texas based Store ) even delivers the groceries now...

I was amazed Sunday, I ordered something from Amazon on Saturday and it came Sunday morning at 9 AM. I can't wait for drone deliveries, that'll be cool watching drones colliding in mid air

True! Almost all the stores have it now and HEB ( Texas based Store ) even delivers the groceries now...

All sounds good to me. Except the walking around in WalMart is good exercise. That's important to us senior citizens.

Last edited:

That's not what I'm complaining about, Mr Don't Get It.

The complaint is about the cashier lanes, the security, and the shopping carts. Getting enough sleep ?

As for your idea of not complaining, complaining is a fundamental American right and concept, written in the Constitution. If you can't handle dissent, maybe YOU can LIVE "somewhere else" (Syria, Cuba, China, N.Korea - all frown on complaining)

As being pointed out there is self checkout for you to check your own items out or order online and pick it up...

Wow, no more bad carts or no cashiers to wait on you and let be really honest those cashiers suck!

Also as I wrote Security for not being shot is your problem and not mine!

Now if you have any issue you could move to those countries that you listed because it seem you want to demand people to spend their money how you wish and that is not the American way...

They definitely should invest in opening more checkout lanes, and keeping up on their piece of shit shopping carts !

I won't give Walmart my trade. Haven't for years. They wrap up returned defective shit and sell it again. It's happened to me too many times. It's an hour to one of their stores, and I got sick and tired of having to drive back to return shit.

I won't give Walmart my trade. Haven't for years. They wrap up returned defective shit and sell it again. It's happened to me too many times. It's an hour to one of their stores, and I got sick and tired of having to drive back to return shit.

There is a Wal-Mart in almost every small town across Tejas and in Mexico also!

Where the hell do you live in Maine?

They definitely should invest in opening more checkout lanes, and keeping up on their piece of shit shopping carts !

What would the ROI on that move be for Walmart and its shareholders?

It is cheaper to open up more self-checkout lanes while having just a few clerks watching the lanes.

Today systems are faster and most stuff can be scanned and if not you can look it up by product on the device.

As for carts then that is something that should be kept up to date and maintained daily.

I have gotten to the point I just self-checkout and get out before someone come in with the idea to take a shot at me...

I am a former business owner, a former college economics teacher, a believer in capitalism & private enterprise, but man, this is ridiculous. Talk about things "Gone Wild", this might take the cake.

The Waltons who own Walmart, are the wealthiest family in the world with a net worth of $190 Billion.

They are raking in $70K/minute...…………. $4 million/hour...……….$100 Million/day...……..

Wouldn't you think with all that money coming in, these money gobblers could >>>

• provide us some decent shopping carts

• have all their cashier lanes open (instead of less than half)

• pay their employees a living wage

• have a reasonable level of armed security guards

• sell the stuff we want to buy (so we don't have to go online)

• JEEEZ!
Oh, I can already hear my conservative pals saying >> yeah, but there are EXPENSES, that must be enormous. True, but that is somewhat, diffused by the impressive collection of vintage cars, of Rob Walton, including a $15 Million Daytona Coupe that he carelessly wrecked, running it off the road. Add to that Alice Walton's $500 Million art collection, and net worths of all these siblings of tens of Billions$$$$$$$$$$

The family that owns Walmart makes $100 million every day

And you care why?

Forum List

Back