Fancy Clown Sparks Cruise Ship Brawl

Eric Arthur Blair

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2015
Clown starts 'mass brawl on cruise with guests using plates as weapons' | Metro News
A violent bloody massive brawl broke out on an English cruise ship reportedly because a clown showed up in "fancy dress" as I suppose a clown outfit might be considered. I feel like alcohol is probably a main factor.

I was brought up with a view of England as this smart accomplished nation. Things like this and the whole Tommy Robinson political prisoner thing has turned my view around rapidly. Watching a few episodes of Big Brother also makes you wonder if England hasn't had their water supply dosed with stupid powder.

My daughter went to college there and binge drinking seems to be a major hobby. I'll admit my view may be influenced by a few unfortunate instances.
But this cruise ship riot. I mean really....what could be more idiotic?

Last edited:
I'm missing something. Is "fancy dress" the British way of saying "costume party" or is fancy dress black tie and long gowns? And why would anyone get worked up enough about it to start a fight? I think there is much more to this story. The many cocktails didn't hurt, I'm sure, but there is a back story here.

I'm missing something. Is "fancy dress" the British way of saying "costume party" or is fancy dress black tie and long gowns? And why would anyone get worked up enough about it to start a fight? I think there is much more to this story. The many cocktails didn't hurt, I'm sure, but there is a back story here.
Don’t get it
Fancy dress appears to mean black tie formal night

Why the clown?
Some people just like to punch clowns

Clown starts 'mass brawl on cruise with guests using plates as weapons' | Metro News
A violent bloody massive brawl broke out on an English cruise ship reportedly because a clown showed up in "fancy dress" as I suppose a clown outfit might be considered. I feel like alcohol is probably a main factor.

I was brought up with a view of England as this smart accomplished nation. Things like this and the whole Tommy Robinson political prisoner thing has turned my view around rapidly. Watching a few episodes of Big Brother also makes you wonder if England hasn't had their water supply dosed with stupid powder.

My daughter went to college there and binge drinking seems to be a major hobby. I'll admit my view may be influenced by a few unfortunate instances.
But this cruise ship riot. I mean really....what could be more idiotic?
Didn't we run part of the United kingdom (the British) off from here once ??? Don't know, heck even the Britt's are wanting out now (brexit). LOL.

2017-09-08_ent_34406893_I1.JPG

Pennywise moves from the sewer drain to take a cruise and starts a brawl. Based on a true story. :auiqs.jpg:

Christ.
They burn soccer stadiums in a drunken stupor. Why am I not surprised?

Did Tommy go on a cruise with his tutu?

Fancy dress is coming as Superman or Chaplin or a clown or whatever. Apparently the brawl was started by a family who had requested a "no fancy dress" cruise and saw their arses when the clown rocked up.

I didnt even know there was such a thing as a non fancy dress cruise.

Anyway the reaction was a bit ott albeit on the back of an all day drinking session.

No harm done though, but another insight into the behaviour of brexit trash.

Fancy dress is coming as Superman or Chaplin or a clown or whatever. Apparently the brawl was started by a family who had requested a "no fancy dress" cruise and saw their arses when the clown rocked up.

I didnt even know there was such a thing as a non fancy dress cruise.

Anyway the reaction was a bit ott albeit on the back of an all day drinking session.

No harm done though, but another insight into the behaviour of brexit trash.
Never went on a cruise where people wore costumes

I must admit I do enjoy a good clown beating once in a while

All the fault of Brexit....not the English proclivity for binge drinking and brawling. :icon_rolleyes:
Binge drinking and brawling are integral to the british way of life. Its no big deal and 20 years ago this would not have made the news.
But we live in an age of cameras and social media and it all gets blown out of proportion.

And they are all from the brexit heartland of Essex.

Binge drinking and brawling are integral to the british way of life. Its no big deal and 20 years ago this would not have made the news.
But we live in an age of cameras and social media and it all gets blown out of proportion.
I hardly think a straight forward factual account of a senseless cruise ship riot is blowing anything "out of proportion".

If anything I was amazed at the matter of fact account of a bizarre brawl that people from other countries would scratch their heads at. I know I did and most of the posters did too.
I can't imagine that happening here, or in France or almost anywhere else, really.

Revealed: The 5 pro-Brexit Essex areas which would now vote 'Remain'
Your slander seems at odds with the facts but first you yourself seem blase about binge drinking and brawling as part of the English social fabric and then you want to blame Brexit for the riot which is just as inconsistent and dishonest as I've come to expect from your trashy worthless posts.

Oops, you've done it again, British Brittany.

I hardly think a straight forward factual account of a senseless cruise ship riot is blowing anything "out of proportion".

If anything I was amazed at the matter of fact account of a bizarre brawl that people from other countries would scratch their heads at. I know I did and most of the posters did too.
I can't imagine that happening here, or in France or almost anywhere else, really.

Revealed: The 5 pro-Brexit Essex areas which would now vote 'Remain'
Your slander seems at odds with the facts but first you yourself seem blase about binge drinking and brawling as part of the English social fabric and then you want to blame Brexit for the riot which is just as inconsistent and dishonest as I've come to expect from your trashy worthless posts.

Oops, you've done it again, British Brittany.

Well the police have just released the only two arrested. So apart from a few cuts and bruises there are no issues.Perhaps P and O might reconsider all inc drinks packages on future cruises. They only attract one type of customer.

Witnesses said the fight erupted in the buffet area onboard P&O’s Britannia in the early hours of Friday morning after a day of “patriotic partying” while the ship was en route to Southampton from Bergen, Norway, with passengers using furniture and plates as weapons.

B.R.E.X.I.T.

Look on the bright side. If it was America there would be 20 dead instead of a few sore heads.

Look on the bright side. If it was America there would be 20 dead instead of a few sore heads.
How does this contradict or disprove a single thing I posted? It simply fails, again, to make your point. I believe a person like you is called a wanker.

How does this contradict or disprove a single thing I posted? It simply fails, again, to make your point. I believe a person like you is called a wanker.
I disproved it in the previous passages. But I know that you struggle with those fact things.

Here is a report of a party in the safest place in the US.
'Tragedy' in Brooklyn; 1 Dead, 11 More Shot at Block Party

12 people shot versus 6 folk with a few cuts. Who has the problem ye thick fucker ?

I disproved it in the previous passages. But I know that you struggle with those fact things.
I didn't see you disproving anything. Certainly not the Brexit bit.

12 people shot versus 6 folk with a few cuts. Who has the problem ye thick fucker ?
You do, king of the Wankers. Do you have any idea of much bigger the US is than England?
The state I live in alone would fit in the entire UK with a bit to spare. Which U.S. State Is Comparable to England in Size?

So the idea of isolating one single party in a country this size when you yourself have already acknowledged
the "booze and punch" seam that runs through the social fabric of England is indeed something that an ineffectual
loser/wanker like yourself would do. And who told you Brooklyn was the "safest place in the US?

You were almost right. Brooklyn, NY Crime Rates and Statistics - NeighborhoodScout
Brooklyn is safer than 32% of other cities...not so much the other 68%. Nice job, thick fucker.

I didn't see you disproving anything. Certainly not the Brexit bit.

You do, king of the Wankers. Do you have any idea of much bigger the US is than England?
The state I live in alone would fit in the entire UK with a bit to spare. Which U.S. State Is Comparable to England in Size?

So the idea of isolating one single party in a country this size when you yourself have already acknowledged
the "booze and punch" seam that runs through the social fabric of England is indeed something that an ineffectual
loser/wanker like yourself would do. And who told you Brooklyn was the "safest place in the US?

You were almost right. Brooklyn, NY Crime Rates and Statistics - NeighborhoodScout
Brooklyn is safer than 32% of other cities...not so much the other 68%. Nice job, thick fucker.
The UK is many times safer than the crazy US, even when we are pissed. But we are no better than you. Its cos we dont have guns.
Thats it.

Forum List

Back