Farmers recovering from Trump trade wars embrace Democratic policy

citygator

Posting From Hunters Laptop
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2019
Charlotte
The narrative that the GOP cares about farmers is being torn down, not by rhetoric of GOP leaders, but by the actions of Democrat leadership. Farmers are being won over by actual results as farmers realize that stability and rational actions trump Trump rhetoric. Duh….

Donald Trump often espoused his love for America's farmers during his presidency. But after a year under President Joe Biden, farmers say they're actually feeling the love.

"Well, certainly the difference between 2019 and 2021 is the differences in administrations," Montana Farmers Union President Walter Schweitzer said in an interview. "In 2019, our administration was at war with all of our customers." Under Biden, he said, the nation is "rebuilding our relationships with our customers."

Vincent Smith, a visiting fellow at the right-leaning American Enterprise Institute, said the Trump administration "severely disadvantaged" farmers with an ill-advised trade policy.

"I think the real optimism in agriculture is that we've got a president that is willing to stand up to these corporate monopolies and tell them 'enough is enough.' You need to play fairly, you need to share your profits," Schweitzer said.

Farmers flourish under Biden, see recovery from Trump-era trade wars

The narrative that the GOP cares about farmers is being torn down, not by rhetoric of GOP leaders, but by the actions of Democrat leadership. Farmers are being won over by actual results as farmers realize that stability and rational actions trump Trump rhetoric. Duh….

Donald Trump often espoused his love for America's farmers during his presidency. But after a year under President Joe Biden, farmers say they're actually feeling the love.

"Well, certainly the difference between 2019 and 2021 is the differences in administrations," Montana Farmers Union President Walter Schweitzer said in an interview. "In 2019, our administration was at war with all of our customers." Under Biden, he said, the nation is "rebuilding our relationships with our customers."

Vincent Smith, a visiting fellow at the right-leaning American Enterprise Institute, said the Trump administration "severely disadvantaged" farmers with an ill-advised trade policy.

"I think the real optimism in agriculture is that we've got a president that is willing to stand up to these corporate monopolies and tell them 'enough is enough.' You need to play fairly, you need to share your profits," Schweitzer said.

Is that why a whole bunch of farmers showed up at one of his State Of The Unions speeches to thank him?
Oh, I forgot, you don't watch Trump.

Well thats funny..
I watch a lot of farming vids that raise corn for methanol plants and they all hate the dem party.

I can't believe the suckers in this country that still haven't figured out that Trump set up the whole war on China scam, just to get big farm corp monopolies hundreds of billions in tax payer subsidies, and does anyone still believe they didn't sell those crops for a profit on top of that?

Anyone remember mountains of harvested crops rotting anywhere? Me neither.

I can't believe the suckers in this country that still haven't figured out that Trump set up the whole war on China scam, just to get big farm corp monopolies hundreds of billions in tax payer subsidies, and does anyone still believe they didn't sell those crops for a profit on top of that?

Anyone remember mountains of harvested crops rotting anywhere? Me neither.
skews what state do you live in?....

Yet transportation/fuel costs are sky high...me thinks your OP is lying

thank goodness trump was able to secure the history record contracts from purchases of ag products from china to see that rebound

as your link says the rebound isn’t due to xiden’s policies

if you only had a brain........

Yeah... Didn't you see all the farmers voting for Biden. :cuckoo:
Screenshot_20220130-195927.png

Forum List

Back