Father and son farmers charged with killing armed trespasser

You just pulled that right out of your ass. You have no clue what my Zimmerman take was. For the record I personally thought he murdered the kid like a coward but living in Florida and being a gun owner myself and knowing our laws I was pretty sure his injuries and the lack of eye witnesses, leaving his the only story, would probably get him off legally.

This isn't that case. Zimmerman and Trayvon got into an altercation in the street. If Zimmerman had followed Trayvon all the way home and shot him on his property he'd be in jail right now.
According to the article...the machete weilder swung the machete at the father connecting with him.

The two then disarmed the man.

He then attempted to flee into the house.

So...my question stands.

How do these men who have just been attacked with a deadly weapon determine weather the attacker is withdrawing permanently or is instead seeking a more powerful deadly weapon?

According to the article...the machete weilder swung the machete at the father connecting with him.

The two then disarmed the man.

He then attempted to flee into the house.

So...my question stands.

How do these men who have just been attacked with a deadly weapon determine weather the attacker is withdrawing permanently or is instead seeking a more powerful deadly weapon?
1. Your own question defeats your own argument. At the heart of it is ignorance. You have the legal right to defend yourself from real physical threats, not imagined ones. That's before we get into the particulars of this incident.

2. The particulars of this incident are that these men followed the victim to his house, prevented from being able to go into his house, then an altercation ensued in which the victim wielded a machete that was taken away from him by the perpetrators who shot and killed the victim in front of his own home after they hard already disarmed him.

3. You seem to just be in blanket support of vigilantism like every wanna be violent fucktard but in this instance they murdered an unarmed man trying to flee them on his own property. That's what happens occasionally when you try cosplay as law enforcement. Just ask the McMichaels.

Last edited:
The particulars of this incident are that these men followed the victim to his house, prevented from being able to go into his house, then an altercation ensued in which the victim wielded a machete that was taken away from him by the perpetrators
This is the key transaction right here.

If it is as you have rendered it...I agree with you.

The way I understand it...the confrontation and the attack come first THEN the prevention to enter the house.

In the second instance, the incident becomes more justifiable.

This is the key transaction right here.

If it is as you have rendered it...I agree with you.

The way I understand it...the confrontation and the attack come first THEN the prevention to enter the house.

In the second instance, the incident becomes more justifiable.
Even if it's the other way you don't have a legal right to shoot a retreating unarmed man, especially one retreating into his own home.

Even if it's the other way you don't have a legal right to shoot a retreating unarmed man, especially one retreating into his own home.
I'm not so sure in this instance.

Retreating as in running away/disengaging?...agree 100%.

Retreating to a more fortified position where more lethal weapons could be available? That is at a minimum murkier.

The man with the machete has already proven lethal intent.

I'm not so sure in this instance.
Based on what? Even if castle doctrine didn't apply, which it does in this instance, it's hard to argue a retreating man poses an immediate physical threat to you such that it warrants the use of deadly force. That's not a right that you have. Not as a citizen or a gun owner. If the threat is retreating away from you and isn't armed with a gun then that threat is effectively over.
Retreating as in running away/disengaging?...agree 100%.

Retreating to a more fortified position where more lethal weapons could be available? That is at a minimum murkier.
Well see that question mark at the end signifies your ignorance. Just because you are fearful that's what they might do it doesn't become a reasonable act of self defense until they actually do it.
The man with the machete has already proven lethal intent.
You have to show lethal capability. A man standing 50 feet from you threatening you with a knife is also lethal intent but from 50 feet away he lacks the capability. If he starts moving towards you then we're having a conversation.

Well see that question mark at the end signifies your ignorance. Just because you are fearful that's what they might do it doesn't become a reasonable act of self defense until they actually do it.
Based to the fact he has already attacked once with a deadly weapon.

Depends on the situation.

We don't have enough information to reach consensus.

Some other links... One with video...

Based to the fact he has already attacked once with a deadly weapon.
And the attack ended. Also its not clear who was acting in self defense in that particular part of the altercation. The father and son followed the man home and prevented him from entering his house. Sounds like it was the machete wielding man defending himself from multiple assailants there.
Depends on the situation.

We don't have enough information to reach consensus.
We have numerous news reports and an arrest. If we have reason to believe anything it's that the father and son were in the wrong. But I'll grant you that tentatively. We have nothing to indicate they were the victim's.

I don't know...it's a tough call.

If someone has just swung a machete at you an you disarmed them...are they retreating into to house to safety...or are they retreating into the house to retrieve another more deadly weapon?

Hard to say.
the machettie wilder was going int othe the two farmers house

I don't know...it's a tough call.

If someone has just swung a machete at you an you disarmed them...are they retreating into to house to safety...or are they retreating into the house to retrieve another more deadly weapon?

Hard to say.
the article doesnt say he swung at them,, just that they took it away from him,, and they were on his property not he on theirs,,

he had every right to get another weapon,,
why are you lying??

the article clearly says they went to his house and stopped him from going into his house,,

“This all started with the Lindlers confronting Newhouse about a trespassing incident they said happened just before at another address,” Koon said. “Before the three men fought, the Lindlers prevented Newhouse from going back into his house.”

Best thing you can do is ignore that lying troll, stupid is all they know. They are not here for debate just seeing how many chains they can pull by posting the dumbest stuff possible
Says the clowns who love to talk about me but can't touch my arguments. I'd love for one of you to make an intellectual point but the lot of you seem incapable.

the article doesnt say he swung at them,, just that they took it away from him,, and they were on his property not he on theirs,,
Different article ...

"The incident report states Ryan Lindler, Sr., said they were talking with Newhouse when Newhouse grabbed his machete knife and swung at both the son and father.

Investigators said Lindler, Sr., managed to get the machete away from Newhouse but allegedly told his son to shoot Newhouse as the altercation continued. That’s when, according to the report, Lindler, Jr., shot Newhouse, and then called 911 for help."

wonder how this will end out? dude tress passed on their property with machettie and hit them with it. the farmers got it away from him and he still tried to barge in their house. so protect their families they shot him and he died. now they are up for murder. i wonder what machettie dude was mad about?
It's Fox News, so I am certain there are facts they aren't telling you.

Ah. I was right.

The OP is completely wrong. It's all lies.

The two killers went to the victim's house and shot him as he tried to get back into his house. The victim did not have the machete. The two killers had already taken it from him.

The victim was NOT attempting to enter their house when they killed him, as the OP claims. He was attempting to flee into his own house!

They were confronting him about an earlier incident where the victim had trespassed on their property. When they went to the victim's house, he swung a machete at them. They took the machete from him, and then the father told his son to shoot the UNARMED victim.

Don't EVER bleev the bullshit Fox News manufactures.

“This all started with the Lindlers confronting Newhouse about a trespassing incident they said happened just before at another address,” Sheriff Jay Koon is quoted in a release. “Before the three men fought, the Lindlers prevented Newhouse from going back into his house.”

“Over the course of their investigation, which included interviews with both Lindlers and witnesses, detectives determined the elder Lindler told his son to shoot the victim,” Koon is quoted. “The shooting happened after the elder Lindler had taken a machete away from the victim, who was unarmed when he was shot and lived near the Lindlers on Seleta Circle.”

wonder how this will end out? dude tress passed on their property with machettie and hit them with it. the farmers got it away from him and he still tried to barge in their house. so protect their families they shot him and he died. now they are up for murder. i wonder what machettie dude was mad about?
100 percent bullshit.

South Carolina father and son allegedly tracked neighbor and fatally shot him during confrontation​

According to arrest warrants obtained by the Lexington County Chronicle, after the trespassing incident, the Lindlers tracked Newhouse to his home, where Newhouse allegedly pulled out a machete and swung it toward them. Before the shooting, the sheriff's office alleges the Lindlers "prevented Newhouse from going back into his house."

Lindler Jr. reportedly told officials his dad was hit with the machete, and then he took out his handgun and shot the victim.

Forum List

Back