Father of Newtown Victim Heckled

If all it takes is 5 of 9 people to trash an amendment, how safe are the others?

Do you relish the idea of living in an oligarchy?

You do realize the court can be wrong right? Ever hear of Plessey V. Fergueson.

If it gets the point where 5 of 9 people can destroy your consitutional rights, that is probably the time to start manning the barricades.

Frankly, quite the contrary. The citizens of Chicago VOTED to limit gun ownership in the 1980's, when the death toll was a lot higher than it is now.

5 out of 9 people who don't have to live here decided we didn't know best how to run our own city.

The reason why the court exists is to decide how to best apply an amendment for the time they live in. Clearly in a time when Adam Lanza can mow down a room full of preschoolers with a weapon designed to fight wars, it's time for a more pragmatic interpretation.

Adam Lanza should never be able to get a gun. Period. If we have to take everyone else's guns because the NRA and the Gun Industry won't act responsibly, I have no problem with that.

The whole idea of a consitutional right is that is to protect the rights of the minority IN THE FACE of a majority. The majority of white southerners just LOVED Jim Crow laws, but they were unconsitutional.

Majority rule only works on items not listed in the consitution as rights given to the people. If your version were the case, legislatures could vote to remove the protection of warrants, trial by jury, and double jeopardy.

The whole idea of a consitutional right is that is to protect the rights of the minority IN THE FACE of a majority. The majority of white southerners just LOVED Jim Crow laws, but they were unconsitutional.

Majority rule only works on items not listed in the consitution as rights given to the people. If your version were the case, legislatures could vote to remove the protection of warrants, trial by jury, and double jeopardy.

Again, your interpretation would be fine if the Founders really WANTED Adam Lanza to have the ability to moe down a room full of pre-schoolers.

I don't think that's what they had in mind.

Quite the reverse, they wanted the militia to be "Well-REgulated", which means, "No Crazy People".

We have a cancer in this country, and they are armed.

628x471.jpg

Neil Heslin, father of 6-year-old Newtown shooting victim Jesse Lewis, was heckled at the Connecticut State Legislature as he testified Tuesday in hearings on the aftermath of the Newtown massacre. Gun enthusiasts shouted “the Second Amendment!” several times while Heslin, holding a picture of his son, wondered why Bushmaster assault-style weapons such as the one shooter Adam Lanza used should be sold in the state. “There are a lot of things that should be changed to prevent what happened,” Heslin said. Around 1,500 people—both pro-gun and anti, who all had to pass through metal detectors—attended the hearings at the Connecticut capitol under heightened security. Hundreds testified, with one lawyer insisting “the local and national debate has been co-opted by the anti-gun agenda.”

Read it at Connecticut Post

January 29, 2013 7:05 AM

When you use a picture of your dead child to suppress the rights of Americans, you should expect to be heckled. To pout about it deserves more heckling.

It was HIS dead child, you fool. His child is dead because some lunatic managed to get their hands on a weapon they shouldn't have been able to get their hands on.

What law would have prevented that? He already violated about 27 laws before he ever set foot on school grounds.

Again, your interpretation would be fine if the Founders really WANTED Adam Lanza to have the ability to moe down a room full of pre-schoolers.

I don't think that's what they had in mind.

Quite the reverse, they wanted the militia to be "Well-REgulated", which means, "No Crazy People".

If it applies to one amendment, it applies to all. The rights granted are given to the people as individuals, and removing said right requires an amendment.

And back then they didnt have the DMR to define what crazy was. They also bled themselves and thought malaria was caused by swampwater.

The specifics of what they wanted is irrelevent, it was the ideals they passed on. And the ideals were that if they thought something was important enough to include in the bill of rights, then you have to repeal that consitutional right before you can mess with it.

If your ideas are so awesome, you should have no trouble meeting the requirements to change the amendment. I'd start now if I were you.

If it applies to one amendment, it applies to all. The rights granted are given to the people as individuals, and removing said right requires an amendment.

And back then they didnt have the DMR to define what crazy was. They also bled themselves and thought malaria was caused by swampwater.

The specifics of what they wanted is irrelevent, it was the ideals they passed on. And the ideals were that if they thought something was important enough to include in the bill of rights, then you have to repeal that consitutional right before you can mess with it.

If your ideas are so awesome, you should have no trouble meeting the requirements to change the amendment. I'd start now if I were you.

No, I don't have to go through that much trouble.

THere are easier ways to fuck with the gun manufacturers and gun owners without amending the constitution.

Start with the manufacturers. Pass a law, anyone KILLED by a gun can sue the shit out of the gun company that made it.

Guarnutee you, they'll start paying attention to who gets their products after that.

THere are easier ways to fuck with the gun manufacturers and gun owners without amending the constitution.

Start with the manufacturers. Pass a law, anyone KILLED by a gun can sue the shit out of the gun company that made it.

Guarnutee you, they'll start paying attention to who gets their products after that.

If they are killed because of a weapon malfunction because of manufacturing defect.. I would agree with you.. but the ability to sue because someone took it upon themselves to do something evil with the chosen tool of a gun, is preposterous... what next?? Sue rat poison manufacturers when someone poisons someone? Sue automakers when someone mows someone down??

Idiot

Wrong. That would be a violation of the 2nd amendment. It's simply a backdoor attempt to outlaw firearms. If the government outlawed selling newsprint to any newspaper not on its approved list, that would be a violation of the First Amendment. You see, the SC isn't as stupid as you think they are.

That violates every form of product law we have out there. The gun functions just fine in most homicides. Product liability is for when an item malfunctions.

So basically what you are saying is you do not care about the rule of law, or the consitution, if it stands in the way of some objective you are seeking. That makes you the definition of a facist.

When you use a picture of your dead child to suppress the rights of Americans, you should expect to be heckled. To pout about it deserves more heckling.

It was HIS dead child, you fool. His child is dead because some lunatic managed to get their hands on a weapon they shouldn't have been able to get their hands on.

What law would have prevented that? He already violated about 27 laws before he ever set foot on school grounds.
Which was a crime in itself going there armed yet we need more laws .....How absurd is that?

Did anybody watch the footage?

He asked if anyone in the room could give him a reason to own an assault weapon, there was silence in the room after he asked, he then reiterated his question by looking around and saying "and not one person can answer that question or give me an answer"

Then he got a very subdued response from a few people.

There was no shouting.

He was not heckled.

But that doesn't fit the agenda now does it?

Did anybody watch the footage?

He asked if anyone in the room could give him a reason to own an assault weapon, there was silence in the room after he asked, he then reiterated his question by looking around and saying "and not one person can answer that question or give me an answer"

Then he got a very subdued response from a few people.

There was no shouting.

He was not heckled.

But that doesn't fit the agenda now does it?

He got a response but not a proper answer.

The media bonanza and the anti-2nd amendment crowds fervor over this episode is the claim that he was heckled implying gun owners and supporters of the 2nd amendment are (insert label here)

He wasn't heckled, he posed the question to everyone in the room twice, he got a short answer, not shouting and hooting.

Its all bunk!

Look, if you want to infringe upon the right to keep and bear arms (which you do please don't hide behind "reasonable gun control" and "we don't need" statements) then push for a repeal of the 2nd amendment.

If the country has progressed like some USMB posters keep telling us it has then you should have the political will and power to do so.

Otherwise, not one inch!

The new AWB will fail and the NY unSAFE Act will be tossed in court. This is a fight you will not win. Stick to getting this new healthcare law going and increasing entitlement spending as that is in your favor because until the exploitation of the Newtown tragedy took place Americans were regaining their unalienable right to keep and bear arms.

But you'll keep trying, I know.

Let me ask you control freaks a question.

I have owned a rifle since I was 6 years old. I am now 46 years old. In that 40 year span, I purchased a few more rifles, shotguns and hand guns. I have fired countless rounds of ammo at the pistol, rifle and skeet ranges at various venues. In those 40 years I have never pointed a weapon at another person, never accidentally fired a weapon and have never injured myself or anyone else with a weapon.

Now can any of you control freaks tell me how do the facts above contribute in any way shape or form to gun violence, murder, or the killing of children ?

I have been flying on commercial aircraft for 60 years. Not even one time have I had the urge to storm the cabin and highjack the airplane. Not ONCE!!! Yet I have to take my shoes off, put all my personal belongings through an x-ray machine, walk through a metal detector, and even submit to a bodily search.

You right wing folks prove my signature is profound every time you open your pie hole.

We have a cancer in this country, and they are armed.

Read it at Connecticut Post

January 29, 2013 7:05 AM

The guy was not heckled, NBC edited the tape again. Some of the people in the audience answered the question that he had asked them. This whole thread is based on a BS.

OK Einstein...you edited my OP but you left the source of the OP in your post. Show me where NBC is mentioned in the OP? The OP is not from NBC, it is the Connecticut Post. And there are numerous other publications reporting Neil Heslin was heckled. Hey Einstein, did the chairman of the hearing watch a tape on NBC before he threatened to clear the floor???

There is no low that is too low for the right.

I have owned a rifle since I was 6 years old. I am now 46 years old. In that 40 year span, I purchased a few more rifles, shotguns and hand guns. I have fired countless rounds of ammo at the pistol, rifle and skeet ranges at various venues. In those 40 years I have never pointed a weapon at another person, never accidentally fired a weapon and have never injured myself or anyone else with a weapon.

Now can any of you control freaks tell me how do the facts above contribute in any way shape or form to gun violence, murder, or the killing of children ?

I have been flying on commercial aircraft for 60 years. Not even one time have I had the urge to storm the cabin and highjack the airplane. Not ONCE!!! Yet I have to take my shoes off, put all my personal belongings through an x-ray machine, walk through a metal detector, and even submit to a bodily search.

You right wing folks prove my signature is profound every time you open your pie hole.

How is that remotely comparable? Do you go through a background check before you buy a ticket?

How is that remotely comparable? Do you go through a background check before you buy a ticket?

That is not a background check, it is a direct and personal check.

Are you for being able to buy a gun without a background check??

"People are not on unemployment for 2 years because there are no jobs. There are no jobs because people are on unemployment for 2 years."
The Rabbi

That is not a background check, it is a direct and personal check.

Are you for being able to buy a gun without a background check??

"People are not on unemployment for 2 years because there are no jobs. There are no jobs because people are on unemployment for 2 years."
The Rabbi

So they are not remotely comparable.

Obviously you failed to read the article linked and have learned nothing. Even lib icon Larry Summers agrees with me on unemployment.
You are a dunce.

Forum List

Back