Father of Newtown Victim Heckled

If you believe in your cause so much that you are willing to heckle the father of a slain child, then at least be man enough/woman enough to admit it.

Don't be a coward and try to hide it after you are called on it. If you really believe in your cause, then stand behind it no matter who thinks you're an ass.

Heckling is inturrupting someone speech. They were responding to his question, and he was not speaking at the time of the response. It was the moderator that decided the people of his own state had no right to speak in the chamber, a fact I find much more disturbing.

Not Heckling. Here is a hint, when you have the floor and dont want people to respond to you, dont ask a question, turn to face them, and wait there.

Obviously you are free to attach any label to any observed behavior you would like. I just respect people who have the courage of their convictions a little more.

if thats as close as you can get to admitting you were wrong, I feel sorry for you.

Heckling is inturrupting someone speech. They were responding to his question, and he was not speaking at the time of the response. It was the moderator that decided the people of his own state had no right to speak in the chamber, a fact I find much more disturbing.

Not Heckling. Here is a hint, when you have the floor and dont want people to respond to you, dont ask a question, turn to face them, and wait there.

Obviously you are free to attach any label to any observed behavior you would like. I just respect people who have the courage of their convictions a little more.

if thats as close as you can get to admitting you were wrong, I feel sorry for you.

Spin and feel however you need to so you can maintain a healthy self image. I wish you luck.

Spin and feel however you need to so you can maintain a healthy self image. I wish you luck.

The left and the media are the only one spinning this. The sad thing is a significant portion of the populace will only remember the spinned version, and not see or hear what actually happened.

So once again the left relies on lies and subterfuge to make a point.

The left and the media are the only one spinning this. The sad thing is a significant portion of the populace will only remember the spinned version, and not see or hear what actually happened.

Although I fully expect another spin job from you and not an honest response, I demonstrate how wrong you are.

You claim that "Heckling is interupting someone"

Not true. I saw myself how soldiers returning from Vietnam were heckled by anti-war protesters and they had not opened their mouths. What they endured is properly (imho) labeled as heckling.

You attach a different definition to heckling in order to clear those you agree with. That's called spin my friend.

Although I fully expect another spin job from you and not an honest response, I demonstrate how wrong you are.

Not true. I saw myself how soldiers returning from Vietnam were heckled by anti-war protesters and they had not opened their mouths. What they endured is properly (imho) labeled as heckling.

You attach a different definition to heckling in order to clear those you agree with. That's called spin my friend.

heckle (ˈhɛk ə l) [Click for IPA pronunciation guide]

— vb
1. to interrupt (a public speaker, performer, etc) by comments, questions, or taunts

Quite the contrary... the gun makers knew their products were dangerous and took NO precautions to keep them out of the wrong hands. That makes them liable.

Same theory they took down the Cigarette manufacturers under. Their behavior got a LOT better after they paid out a few billion to state governments.

No, idiot.. the gun is not dangerous.. it just sits there.. if, during its use, it MALFUNCTIONS due to DEFECT, you would have a point... it did not, you do not

Did the rat poison manufacturers do all they could to keep the lady from poisoning her husband? Did the car manufacturer take all precautions to make sure a homicidal maniac did not get his hands on one to mow someone down??

And the gun does not have an addicting chemical in it that makes you crave to shoot others or yourself.. so the cig comparison is just as stupid as your other point

Again, I would really like to see you jokers try this argument in front of a jury about "proper functioning" and have the lawyers respond with graphic autopsy photos! That would be bitchin'.

The Cigarette comparison is actually apt, because both big tobacco and big firearms market their products irresponsibly.

When your key customer demagraphic is a crazy person like Nancy Lanza, you should honestly expect craziness to result. That's the difference between the Rat Poison manufacturer and the gun manufacturer.

How do firearms makers market their product irresponsibly?
As usual you have your head up your ass.

heckle (ˈhɛk ə l) [Click for IPA pronunciation guide]

— vb
1. to interrupt (a public speaker, performer, etc) by comments, questions, or taunts

heck·ledheck·ling \-k(ə-)liŋ\
Definition of HECKLE
: to harass and try to disconcert with questions, challenges, or gibes

We can do that until we both turn blue.

all this circus of hearing is for is to get a universal background check passed.....Which means the government wants to know who owns guns....Why does anyone think this is a good idea? What does Bfgrn do and by proxy NBC???? Lie off their asses and use a mans grief to push this agenda....Fascist I call the progressives and every day fascists they prove themselves to be.

all this circus of hearing is for is to get a universal background check passed.....Which means the government wants to know who owns guns....Why does anyone think this is a good idea?

No gun should be sold to a mentally unstable person or a convicted felon (especially if a firearm was involved in their felony). Without a background check, the gun seller cannot know.

I support universal background checks.

Did the soldiers ask a question, pause, and then turn and face the audience?

all this circus of hearing is for is to get a universal background check passed.....Which means the government wants to know who owns guns....Why does anyone think this is a good idea?

No gun should be sold to a mentally unstable person or a convicted felon (especially if a firearm was involved in their felony). Without a background check, the gun seller cannot know.

we already do that in every state....Why again do we need a universal background check?

Were the Vietnam hecklers interupting anyone?

Does heckling require an interuption as you claimed before?

we already do that in every state....Why again do we need a universal background check?

No we don't. But it's good to know you favor it being done on every gun sale.

Were the Vietnam hecklers interupting anyone?

Does heckling require an interuption as you claimed before?

Answer my question first.

And yes, the returning soldiers were being inturrupted from peacefully going to where they wanted to go. The Newtown guy asked a question, and got an answer.

No we don't. But it's good to know you favor it being done on every gun sale.

Name one state that doesn't.

all this circus of hearing is for is to get a universal background check passed.....Which means the government wants to know who owns guns....Why does anyone think this is a good idea? What does Bfgrn do and by proxy NBC???? Lie off their asses and use a mans grief to push this agenda....Fascist I call the progressives and every day fascists they prove themselves to be.

HELLO? Earth to right wing pea brains, are you there, are you cognizant???

This thread is not about a video. It is about a live hearing. The Chairman of the hearing was not watching a video when he chastised the hecklers and threatened to clear the room. He was LIVE and IN PERSON to take in all the context of their actions, and ruled accordingly...it was heckling.

this probably has been posted already -- i didnt read all the posts -- but MSNBC is being called out today for the misleading way they broadcast this as heckling . when they ran it they edited out the part where the guy asks the question and i beleive he even asked it a second time in an attempt to reinforce the point -- before he got the answer.

MSNBC later reran the clip unedited so, they said, that viewers could decide for themselves andthus far MSNBC execs have been unavailalbe for comment on this. it is beong compared to the episode where NBC played the 911 trayvin martin call where the guy said its a black guy so NBC could allee he was a racist but had edited out the 911 dipatcher first asking what race the kid was when the caller didnt mention it first. 3 NBC empoyees lost their jobs over that

lets face it -- the people who broadcast stuff this way are just not honest people - they are just not - and they give the entire media, left and right, a bad name and destroy credibility

Last edited:

This thread is not about a video. It is about a live hearing. The Chairman of the hearing was not watching a video when he chastised the hecklers and threatened to clear the room. He was LIVE and IN PERSON to take in all the context of their actions, and ruled accordingly...it was heckling.

still trying to lie and say the man was heckled when he wasn't???? Just admit you lied to further a agenda and used a mans grief for his son to do so like the fucking ghoul fascist you are.

Quite the contrary... the gun makers knew their products were dangerous and took NO precautions to keep them out of the wrong hands. That makes them liable.

Same theory they took down the Cigarette manufacturers under. Their behavior got a LOT better after they paid out a few billion to state governments.

No, idiot.. the gun is not dangerous.. it just sits there.. if, during its use, it MALFUNCTIONS due to DEFECT, you would have a point... it did not, you do not

Did the rat poison manufacturers do all they could to keep the lady from poisoning her husband? Did the car manufacturer take all precautions to make sure a homicidal maniac did not get his hands on one to mow someone down??

And the gun does not have an addicting chemical in it that makes you crave to shoot others or yourself.. so the cig comparison is just as stupid as your other point

Again, I would really like to see you jokers try this argument in front of a jury about "proper functioning" and have the lawyers respond with graphic autopsy photos! That would be bitchin'.

The Cigarette comparison is actually apt, because both big tobacco and big firearms market their products irresponsibly.

When your key customer demagraphic is a crazy person like Nancy Lanza, you should honestly expect craziness to result. That's the difference between the Rat Poison manufacturer and the gun manufacturer.

You are basically arguing that the gun pulled the trigger. A sane jury is going to put the homicidal criminal in jail, not the gun.

Key customer demographic is a crazy person? 80-100 million gun owners are crazy people?

If you believe that was heckling I have some Oceanfront property for sale in Wyoming.

Forum List

Back