Father of Newtown Victim Heckled

we already do that in every state....Why again do we need a universal background check?

No we don't. But it's good to know you favor it being done on every gun sale.

Name one state that doesn't.

Just one? How about 33?

Gun Shows by State

A total of 11 states require background checks for at least some gun purchases at gun shows. Seven of those states require background checks for all gun purchases, while four states require background checks for only handgun purchases.

The seven states requiring background checks for all purchases include:

California
Colorado
Connecticut
Illinois
New York
Oregon
Rhode Island

The four states requiring background checks for only handgun purchases include:

Hawaii
Maryland
New Jersey
Pennsylvania

In Florida, private firearms purchases are subject to background checks in some jurisdictions but not across the entire state. There are no laws regulating private firearms sales at gun shows in the remaining 33 states.

The Bloomberg Investigation

In 2009, New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, founder of the Mayors Against Illegal Guns group, stirred controversy and stimulated the gun show debate when NYC hired private investigators to target gun shows in Ohio, Nevada and Tennessee.

According to a report released by Bloomberg’s office, 22 of 33 private sellers sold guns to undercover investigators who informed them that they probably could not pass a background check, while 16 of 17 licensed sellers allowed straw purchases by the undercover investigators, a process through which a person prohibited from purchasing a firearm recruits someone to purchase the gun for them.

this probably has been posted already -- i didnt read all the posts -- but MSNBC is being called out today for the misleading way they broadcast this as heckling . when they ran it they edited out the part where the guy asks the question and i beleive he even asked it a second time in an attempt to reinforce the point -- before he got the answer.

MSNBC later reran the clip unedited so, they said, that viewers could decide for themselves andthus far MSNBC execs have been unavailalbe for comment on this. it is beong compared to the episode where NBC played the 911 trayvin martin call where the guy said its a black guy so NBC could allee he was a racist but had edited out the 911 dipatcher first asking what race the kid was when the caller didnt mention it first. 3 NBC empoyees lost their jobs over that

lets face it -- the people who broadcast stuff this way are just not honest people - they are just not - and they give the entire media, left and right, a bad name and destroy credibility

Here is an idea...try reading the OP. If you find any mention of MSNBC in the piece written by a Connecticut newspaper that called it heckling, please let me know. I started this thread. I did not see the MSNBC video. The Chairman of the hearing chastised the hecklers and threatened to clear the room. He was not watching a video, he was there in the flesh.

A NICS check isn't going to stop anyone with mal-intent from acquiring a firearm to kill people with.

Anyone with mal-intent can legally acquire a firearm to kill people with at a gun show in 33 states through private dealers.

No we don't. But it's good to know you favor it being done on every gun sale.

Just one? How about 33?

Gun Shows by State

A total of 11 states require background checks for at least some gun purchases at gun shows. Seven of those states require background checks for all gun purchases, while four states require background checks for only handgun purchases.

California
Colorado
Connecticut
Illinois
New York
Oregon
Rhode Island

Hawaii
Maryland
New Jersey
Pennsylvania

In Florida, private firearms purchases are subject to background checks in some jurisdictions but not across the entire state. There are no laws regulating private firearms sales at gun shows in the remaining 33 states.

In 2009, New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, founder of the Mayors Against Illegal Guns group, stirred controversy and stimulated the gun show debate when NYC hired private investigators to target gun shows in Ohio, Nevada and Tennessee.

According to a report released by Bloomberg’s office, 22 of 33 private sellers sold guns to undercover investigators who informed them that they probably could not pass a background check, while 16 of 17 licensed sellers allowed straw purchases by the undercover investigators, a process through which a person prohibited from purchasing a firearm recruits someone to purchase the gun for them.

Oh the myth of gunshow selling.... Dumb ass you still have background check there.

The left and the media are the only one spinning this. The sad thing is a significant portion of the populace will only remember the spinned version, and not see or hear what actually happened.

So once again the left relies on lies and subterfuge to make a point.

Although I fully expect another spin job from you and not an honest response, I demonstrate how wrong you are.

You claim that "Heckling is interupting someone"

Not true. I saw myself how soldiers returning from Vietnam were heckled by anti-war protesters and they had not opened their mouths. What they endured is properly (imho) labeled as heckling.

You attach a different definition to heckling in order to clear those you agree with. That's called spin my friend.

Did the soldiers ask a question, pause, and then turn and face the audience?

Yet another false criteria. If a math teacher is writing a problem on the board and when she finished she turns to the class and asks: "Does anyone know the answer?" The students all shout back at her that math is stupid and everybody has calculators anyway being rude and vitriolic....

That's heckling the teacher.

In attempting to set criteria in a way that disqualifies the actions of your buddies - you are guilty of spin. Period.

Just one? How about 33?

Gun Shows by State

California
Colorado
Connecticut
Illinois
New York
Oregon
Rhode Island

Hawaii
Maryland
New Jersey
Pennsylvania

Oh the myth of gunshow selling.... Dumb ass you still have background check there.

For ALL sales?

Just one? How about 33?

Gun Shows by State

California
Colorado
Connecticut
Illinois
New York
Oregon
Rhode Island

Hawaii
Maryland
New Jersey
Pennsylvania

For ALL sales?

You really are a partisan aren't you?

FBI ? Gun Checks/NICS

Mandated by the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act of 1993 and launched by the FBI on November 30, 1998, NICS is used by Federal Firearms Licensees (FFLs) to instantly determine whether a prospective buyer is eligible to buy firearms or explosives. Before ringing up the sale, cashiers call in a check to the FBI or to other designated agencies to ensure that each customer does not have a criminal record or isn’t otherwise ineligible to make a purchase. More than 100 million such checks have been made in the last decade, leading to more than 700,000 denials.

In case you have forgotten, or are pretending to, Federal Law trumps State law every time.

Just because a State doesn't have a law, doesn't mean that the Federal law isn't applicable.
All licensed Gun Dealers have a FFL, Federal Firearms License. They must... MUST... prove they performed background checks on all applicable sales or lose their license and possibly go to jail.

Even the improper documentation of destruction or loss of a receiver can cause the FFL holder to lose their license.

this probably has been posted already -- i didnt read all the posts -- but MSNBC is being called out today for the misleading way they broadcast this as heckling . when they ran it they edited out the part where the guy asks the question and i beleive he even asked it a second time in an attempt to reinforce the point -- before he got the answer.

MSNBC later reran the clip unedited so, they said, that viewers could decide for themselves andthus far MSNBC execs have been unavailalbe for comment on this. it is beong compared to the episode where NBC played the 911 trayvin martin call where the guy said its a black guy so NBC could allee he was a racist but had edited out the 911 dipatcher first asking what race the kid was when the caller didnt mention it first. 3 NBC empoyees lost their jobs over that

lets face it -- the people who broadcast stuff this way are just not honest people - they are just not - and they give the entire media, left and right, a bad name and destroy credibility

Here is an idea...try reading the OP. If you find any mention of MSNBC in the piece written by a Connecticut newspaper that called it heckling, please let me know. I started this thread. I did not see the MSNBC video. The Chairman of the hearing chastised the hecklers and threatened to clear the room. He was not watching a video, he was there in the flesh.

The chairman of the hearing had an obvious agenda, to silence those whom he disagreed with.

The speaker asked a question, was met with silence, and then used that respectful silence to claim his question had no answer.

At that point he got answers which the chairman did not like.

NOT heckling, and the unedited video confirms it.

Here is an idea -- think about what I said and what I didnt say. I was pointing out something about MSNBC and how they handled this. I didnt say they reported it first or that no one else said it was heckling -- although it doesnt seem like it was given the guy was asking for an answer, plus the answering wasnt heckling in any event IMO . It was just apoint on MSNBC related to the topic of the thread. thats all

and also even with the chairman calling it heckling MSNBC should have shown the entire clip so people could decide if it was a fair reaction -- it was not -- . there is no way to dsipute that the deletion clearly was significant to a fair understanding of the issue of whether the person was being "heckled" and the edit clearly was conssitent with reaching the conclusion that supports the position that MSNBC holds and advoctes. Intellectual dishonesty at its worst pure and simple and the reason why journalism in the traditional sense is dead in this country. Everyone has an agenda -- everyone

Last edited:
A NICS check isn't going to stop anyone with mal-intent from acquiring a firearm to kill people with.

Anyone with mal-intent can legally acquire a firearm to kill people with at a gun show in 33 states through private dealers.

There is no such thing as a 'private dealer'.

ALL licensed gun dealers are required to perform an NICS check for ALL purchases, including those purchases at gun shows.

Private CITIZENS are not required to perform the NICS check.

For ALL sales?

FBI ? Gun Checks/NICS

Mandated by the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act of 1993 and launched by the FBI on November 30, 1998, NICS is used by Federal Firearms Licensees (FFLs) to instantly determine whether a prospective buyer is eligible to buy firearms or explosives. Before ringing up the sale, cashiers call in a check to the FBI or to other designated agencies to ensure that each customer does not have a criminal record or isn’t otherwise ineligible to make a purchase. More than 100 million such checks have been made in the last decade, leading to more than 700,000 denials.

In case you have forgotten, or are pretending to, Federal Law trumps State law every time.

Just because a State doesn't have a law, doesn't mean that the Federal law isn't applicable.
All licensed Gun Dealers have a FFL, Federal Firearms License. They must... MUST... prove they performed background checks on all applicable sales or lose their license and possibly go to jail.

Even the improper documentation of destruction or loss of a receiver can cause the FFL holder to lose their license.

Let's see who is partisan, who is honest and who is intelligent, OK?

Do the sale of all weapons at gun shows only go through licensed gun dealers?

The chairman of the hearing had an obvious agenda, to silence those whom he disagreed with.

The speaker asked a question, was met with silence, and then used that respectful silence to claim his question had no answer.

and of course had the "heckler" not "heckled" his response the story would have been how this man twice asked for any reason -- ANY at all -- and no one in attendance could give one.

and of course had the "heckler" not "heckled" his response the story would have been how this man twice asked for any reason -- ANY at all -- and no one in attendance could give one.

And no one did...

For ALL sales?

FBI ? Gun Checks/NICS

Let's see who is partisan, who is honest and who is intelligent, OK?

Do the sale of all weapons at gun shows only go through licensed gun dealers?

I already know that I am more honest than you are and my Jack Russell is, most likely, is more intelligent than you are.

Not all Gun Shows restrict sales to FFL dealers. Some do allow private citizens to sell their privately owned weapons.

Just as Car Dealers are required to see your drivers license and proof of insurance when they sell you a car, FFL Dealers are required to either see a CCW or run a background check prior to completing a gun sale.

Just as a private individual is not required to verify either a Drivers License or Insurance before selling another individual a vehicle, a private individual is not required to run a background check.

Although I fully expect another spin job from you and not an honest response, I demonstrate how wrong you are.

You claim that "Heckling is interupting someone"

Not true. I saw myself how soldiers returning from Vietnam were heckled by anti-war protesters and they had not opened their mouths. What they endured is properly (imho) labeled as heckling.

You attach a different definition to heckling in order to clear those you agree with. That's called spin my friend.

Did the soldiers ask a question, pause, and then turn and face the audience?

Yet another false criteria. If a math teacher is writing a problem on the board and when she finished she turns to the class and asks: "Does anyone know the answer?" The students all shout back at her that math is stupid and everybody has calculators anyway being rude and vitriolic....

That's heckling the teacher.

In attempting to set criteria in a way that disqualifies the actions of your buddies - you are guilty of spin. Period.

So both your criteria for qualifying as "heckling" have been demonstrated as false.
How honest a poster are you?
We will see.

Forum List

Back