Father’s Day 2013: Obama says being a good dad isn’t easy..and the poor Obama's life.

too bad he doesn't CARE what his policies are doing to the children of this country..

pushing for the abortion pill for children under 17, giving speechs and saying god bless PlannedParenthool, a provider of abortions...
saying he wouldn't want to see his daughters saddled with a unwanted baby..
etc etc
the man has no care about children, he uses them for pretty speeches..call that being bitter...who cares

Yes. That is YOU being bitter.

Everything is always about OBAMA...he has no problem using his children when it benefits his agenda, but then expects others to leave them alone..and are we tired of hearing about his poor poor pitiful me life yet?

SNIP:
By ASSOCIATED PRESS | 6/15/13 10:04 AM EDT

President Barack Obama says there's no substitute for the love and support that fathers provide.

In his weekly Internet and radio address, Obama is wishing Americans a happy Father's Day. He's laments that his own father wasn't around and says he's still working to be a better father.

Read more: Father?s Day 2013: Obama says being a good dad isn?t easy - Associated Press - POLITICO.com
Steph.....it is Fathers day AND the guy is a Father....whats so bad about him talking about it.....Bush,Clinton and the others all said something on Fathers day....why is this so out of line?.....

It's very clear. Because the current President of the United States said it...and she's bitter about it.

Like everything else, it is all about him. The world revolves around him. When someone uses the word I 20 times in an address that short they had to try extra hard.

obama isn't wrong so much as he is insufferable.

I think we can be confident of a Democratic President in 2016. Hillary if she wants it.
The GOP is just too negative.

Last edited:
I thought it was an acceptable speech though it would have been far more powerful if he had left the agenda stuff out of it and it was a little less self focused. But it wasn't a bad speech.

But as long as we have politicians who promote policies that discourage families from staying together, that minimalize the benefit of traditional marriage, that encourage leaving children with parents who neglect or abuse them, that diminishes the importance of father figures, and that promotes hundreds of thousands, even millions, of abortions each and every year that passes, I can't really take the government seriously that it has any concern for children at all.

I thought it was an acceptable speech though it would have been far more powerful if he had left the agenda stuff out of it and it was a little less self focused. But it wasn't a bad speech.

But as long as we have politicians who promote policies that discourage families from staying together, that minimalize the benefit of traditional marriage, that encourage leaving children with parents who neglect or abuse them, that diminishes the importance of father figures, and that promotes hundreds of thousands, even millions, of abortions each and every year that passes, I can't really take the government seriously that it has any concern for children at all.
Yeah, if it was only a little more milk toast like Bush's, with absolutely no agenda stuff and no "I"s.

As a society, we must support fathers in fulfilling their responsibilities to their families, which may include not only biological or adopted children, but also stepchildren or foster children. Fathers must be prepared to nurture and care for their sons and daughters, and to do so in the context of a strong and committed marriage. To promote responsible fatherhood, my Administration has proposed providing financial support to community and faith-based organizations that help fathers and to programs that strengthen marriage and promote successful parenting. We also propose funding to support the expansion of ongoing State and local fatherhood initiatives and helping community groups that try to provide young men with role models.

Our society must strive to produce a generation of men who are ready to become the best possible fathers. Let us set a good example for America's sons by valuing the responsibility and importance of fatherhood. Let us also honor and be thankful for the caring, decent, and hardworking fathers who make such a tremendous difference in the lives of their children and families.

NOW, THEREFORE, I, GEORGE W. BUSH, President of the United States of America, in accordance with a joint resolution of the Congress approved April 24, 1972 (36 U.S.C. 109), do hereby proclaim June 17, 2001, as Father's Day. I encourage all Americans to express love and respect for their fathers, as well as appreciation for the vital contributions of fathers to families and to society. I direct the appropriate officials of the Government to display the flag of the United States on all Government buildings on this day. I also call upon State and local governments and citizens to observe this day with appropriate programs, ceremonies, and activities.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this fifteenth day of June, in the year of our Lord two thousand one, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and twenty-fifth.

GEORGE W. BUSH

Oh well, if Bush did it, then it's okay. Right?

However you are confusing official Presidential Father's Day proclamations with a separate speech. All Presidential Proclamations for Father's Day end with the same wording.

Obama actually didn't include ANY agenda in his official proclamation this year.

This is his proclamation last year:

FATHER'S DAY, 2012
- - - - - - -
BY THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
A PROCLAMATION

Every day, ordinary Americans make extraordinary contributions to the well-being of our children and the strength of our Nation by answering one of life's greatest callings -- parenthood. Morning, noon, and night, they dedicate themselves to their sons and daughters, expressing a love that knows neither beginning nor end through small daily acts. On Father's Day, we honor the men whose compassion and commitment have nourished our spirits and guided us toward brighter horizons.

For many of us, our fathers show us by the example they set the kind of people they want us to become. Whether biological, foster, or adoptive, they teach us through the encouragement they give, the questions they answer, the limits they set, and the strength they show in the face of difficulty and hardship. Our fathers impart lessons and values we will always carry with us. With their presence and their care, they not only fulfill a profound responsibility, but also share a blessing with their children that stands among our truest traditions.

Every father bears a fundamental obligation to do right by their children. Yet, today, too many young Americans grow up without the love and support of their fathers. When the responsibilities of fathers go unmet, our communities suffer. That is why my Administration is working to promote responsible fatherhood by helping dads re-engage with their families and supporting programs that work with fathers. And that is why men across our country are making the decision every single day to step up; to be good fathers; and to serve as mentors, tutors, and foster parents to young people who need the guiding hand of a caring adult.

All of us have a stake in forging stronger bonds between fathers and their children. Today, we celebrate men who have risen to the task, who raised us, and who do that most important work of parenting, day in and day out, with love, humility, and pride.

NOW, THEREFORE, I, BARACK OBAMA, President of the United States of America, in accordance with a joint resolution of the Congress approved April 24, 1972, as amended (36 U.S.C. 109), do hereby proclaim June 17, 2012, as Father's Day. I direct the appropriate officials of the Government to display the flag of the United States on all Government buildings on this day, and I call upon all citizens to observe this day with appropriate programs, ceremonies, and activities.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this fifteenth day of June, in the year of our Lord two thousand twelve, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and thirty-sixth.

BARACK OBAMA

Last edited:
Who is being bitter? I agreed that it was an acceptable speech. I also think it would have been more powerful had it been less personally focused but that's a matter of taste.

As for the dishonesty, hypocrisy, and downright stupidity of those who claim to care about children but who support and implement policy that hurts children all across the land, I will go to my grave railing against that. If that makes me 'bitter' then so be it.

Last edited:

Yeah, if it was only a little more milk toast like Bush's, with absolutely no agenda stuff and no "I"s.

As a society, we must support fathers in fulfilling their responsibilities to their families, which may include not only biological or adopted children, but also stepchildren or foster children. Fathers must be prepared to nurture and care for their sons and daughters, and to do so in the context of a strong and committed marriage. To promote responsible fatherhood, my Administration has proposed providing financial support to community and faith-based organizations that help fathers and to programs that strengthen marriage and promote successful parenting. We also propose funding to support the expansion of ongoing State and local fatherhood initiatives and helping community groups that try to provide young men with role models.

Our society must strive to produce a generation of men who are ready to become the best possible fathers. Let us set a good example for America's sons by valuing the responsibility and importance of fatherhood. Let us also honor and be thankful for the caring, decent, and hardworking fathers who make such a tremendous difference in the lives of their children and families.

NOW, THEREFORE, I, GEORGE W. BUSH, President of the United States of America, in accordance with a joint resolution of the Congress approved April 24, 1972 (36 U.S.C. 109), do hereby proclaim June 17, 2001, as Father's Day. I encourage all Americans to express love and respect for their fathers, as well as appreciation for the vital contributions of fathers to families and to society. I direct the appropriate officials of the Government to display the flag of the United States on all Government buildings on this day. I also call upon State and local governments and citizens to observe this day with appropriate programs, ceremonies, and activities.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this fifteenth day of June, in the year of our Lord two thousand one, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and twenty-fifth.

GEORGE W. BUSH

Oh well, if Bush did it, then it's okay. Right?

I honestly do not remember anyone being bitter about Bush's Fathers Day messages....do you?
Exactly! The Right likes to play dumb and pretend that the point is something other than the fact that nobody, Right or Left, complained when Bush mentioned his "agenda stuff" and used the word "I." There seems to be something different about this president from all the other presidents that brings out their pure visceral hatred even over the most trivial things.

Everything is always about OBAMA...he has no problem using his children when it benefits his agenda, but then expects others to leave them alone..and are we tired of hearing about his poor poor pitiful me life yet?

SNIP:
By ASSOCIATED PRESS | 6/15/13 10:04 AM EDT

President Barack Obama says there's no substitute for the love and support that fathers provide.

In his weekly Internet and radio address, Obama is wishing Americans a happy Father's Day. He's laments that his own father wasn't around and says he's still working to be a better father.

Read more: Father?s Day 2013: Obama says being a good dad isn?t easy - Associated Press - POLITICO.com

What is your problem with his comments? It seems that there is absolutely nothing that he says that isn't up for attack by you righties. He could say the sky is blue, and you'd call for his head to be chopped off. I just don't get you people. How'd you all get so fucked up?>

Hey, you guys brought up President Bush as the justification for what Obama does. I didn't.
Again the perpetual dumb act.

Bush was brought up to show there was no complaint about him doing the same thing as Obama, so therefore the visceral hatred of Obama has nothing to do with what he does, but something about him personally that is different from all the other presidents.

too bad he doesn't CARE what his policies are doing to the children of this country..

pushing for the abortion pill for children under 17, giving speechs and saying god bless PlannedParenthool, a provider of abortions...
etc etc
the man has no care about children, he uses them for pretty speeches..call that being bitter...who cares

What BS. I imagine he is "allowing" (not "pushing") the "morning after pill" (not "abortion pill") to youth (ages 12-17, who are fertile), who are engaging in sex (unbeknownst to their parents or guardians), and potentially could wind up being parents, at an early age...tragic for the child and the potential parents.
Planned Parenthood is a necessary outlet for adults or youngsters who find themselves "in trouble", and need options.
To say that President Obama doesn't care for children is a lie. Fetuses (feti), even today, at long last, are not "children". They are underdeveloped "potential" human embryos, that may or may not result in "being born". Words mean something.

etc etc

What BS. I imagine he is "allowing" (not "pushing") the "morning after pill" (not "abortion pill") to youth (ages 12-17, who are fertile), who are engaging in sex (unbeknownst to their parents or guardians), and potentially could wind up being parents, at an early age...tragic for the child and the potential parents.
Planned Parenthood is a necessary outlet for adults or youngsters who find themselves "in trouble", and need options.
To say that President Obama doesn't care for children is a lie. Fetuses (feti), even today, at long last, are not "children". They are underdeveloped "potential" human embryos, that may or may not result in "being born". Words mean something.

Words should mean something. To people like Obama and Boxer, definitions are deferred. If a pregnant woman wanted an abortion and the doctor botched it and the baby was born alive, in Obama's world the doctor has the right to deny life-saving services because to Obama and some others it's not a baby until the doctor declares it to be so.

I think we can be confident of a Democratic President in 2016. Hillary if she wants it.
The GOP is just too negative.

is this the same Obama that worships the black father who abandoned the family and bad mouthed the white grandmother who raised him while at the same time throwing all white people under the bus?

Forum List

Back