father shoots daughter--this is NOT an accident

the very first thing you do is check the chamber
I was in the USMC for 8 years, and I think I remember 1 inadvertent discharge with no injuries
Firearms should never be blamed for human error/stupidity...
he could not have done that with a knife/pool/bat/etc

Toddlers drown more often than they get killed in accidental gun deaths but it's better to drown than be shot I guess huh?

I was in the USMC for 8 years, and I think I remember 1 inadvertent discharge with no injuries

Toddlers drown more often than they get killed in accidental gun deaths but it's better to drown than be shot I guess huh?

I've heard that a disturbing number get run over by their own fathers, they run out happy to see their dad.

I've had a toddler. THey require constant supervision. And everyone loses them for a minute or two. It is terrifying.

It happens. Even Chesty Puller popped a round off accidentally inside a building. And Puller is universally recognized as one of the finest Marines ever.

I watched an officer put three rounds into a bullet barrel while trying to unload his weapon. I popped one into the ground at the range. I was lucky that the only thing hurt by me was any worms who were in the ground I was pointing the pistol at. I should note that I have not repeated that mistake in thirty years.

The term accident used in this context means unintentional. Like putting the car in Drive instead of Reverse and parking the car through the garage door. Many pistols, including Glocks, require you to pull the trigger in order to disassemble the weapon.

an accident would be like the overhead at a shooting range fell on your arm while you were shooting
a rock fell on your arm while you are shooting
1.finger on trigger
2.pointing weapon in direction you do not intend to shoot at
3.not checking weapon
4. not instructing/ordering kids to keep away/out of area/etc if necessary
5. DUMBASS
Indiana father accidentally shoots and kills 6-year-old daughter while cleaning gun - NY Daily News
I bet money it was a Glock. One major flaw in the design is that you have to pull the trigger, in order to disassemble it. While this is really a training issue; many accidents like this have happened. Last year a local man made the same novice mistake. Shot through his hand, and his wife’s arm, striking his six year old son in the head. This is a common mistake.that sadly is easily avoidable. But nearly every time I hear of an incident like this... The gun turns out to be a Glock.

It happens. Even Chesty Puller popped a round off accidentally inside a building. And Puller is universally recognized as one of the finest Marines ever.

I watched an officer put three rounds into a bullet barrel while trying to unload his weapon. I popped one into the ground at the range. I was lucky that the only thing hurt by me was any worms who were in the ground I was pointing the pistol at. I should note that I have not repeated that mistake in thirty years.

The term accident used in this context means unintentional. Like putting the car in Drive instead of Reverse and parking the car through the garage door. Many pistols, including Glocks, require you to pull the trigger in order to disassemble the weapon.

A friend of mine is a cop. His father, was ex military and a life long gun collector, very careful, all his guns in a fully secure gun room.

He had an accidental discharge and injured himself, later in life.

Yeah, first two things you do...…..pop the clip, then the chamber before dismantling to clean.

But this was a very sad accident. By that I mean that the father had made a mistake and he will be paying for that for the rest of his life

I have never seen a pistol with a clip. What do they look like?

Mistake? Sorry! The person in question needs to be removed from the gene pool before he reproduces again.

Unfortunately, these firearm deaths due to stupidity are pretty common. Pity it was the little girl on the receiving end rather than the dumbass cleaning a loaded gun.

Not as common as you think.... with 600 million guns in private hands and 17 million people actually carrying guns for self defense there were 495 accidental gun deaths in 2016.... out of a population of over 320 million people....

Keep in mind, 35,000 people die in car accidents...

Yeah, first two things you do...…..pop the clip, then the chamber before dismantling to clean.

But this was a very sad accident. By that I mean that the father had made a mistake and he will be paying for that for the rest of his life

They’re all sad accidents. The three kids who are shot and killed each day in accidental shootings. 1000 every year. Poor sad accidents.

Everyone now !!! Thoughts and prayers!

Wrong...... please link to that stat.....

To get your number the anti gunners use 15 year old gang members as kids....and take the age range up to the early 20s...so please, sell your lies somewhere else....

Accidental gun deaths by year from the CDC...

Accidental child death from guns each year...

WISQARS Leading Causes of Death Reports

Of course.....those are the only two options, right?

No... cars kill more kids than guns do too.....

Here....how many things kill children more than guns do..

Fatal Injury Data | WISQARS | Injury Center | CDC
2016:

2016: Kids ( <1 to age 14)
Total guns: ......74
Total Cars: 1,261

Suffocation: 1,215

Drowning: 713

Poisoning: 84

Traffic: 1,261

Guns: 74

<1......1
1-4.....34
5-9.....16
10-14....23

Under age drinking:

Underage Drinking-Why Do Adolescents Drink, What Are the Risks, and How Can Underage Drinking Be Prevented?

Each year, approximately 5,000 young people under the age of 21 die as a result of underage drinking; this includes about 1,900 deaths from motor vehicle crashes, 1,600 as a result of homicides, 300 from suicide, as well as hundreds from other injuries such as falls, burns, and drownings (1–5).

Shit happens, in the grand scheme of things... firearms are the least of our worries.

Firearms are a huge net positive for this country… Fact

They’re all sad accidents. The three kids who are shot and killed each day in accidental shootings. 1000 every year. Poor sad accidents.

Everyone now !!! Thoughts and prayers!

Wrong...... please link to that stat.....

To get your number the anti gunners use 15 year old gang members as kids....and take the age range up to the early 20s...so please, sell your lies somewhere else....

Accidental gun deaths by year from the CDC...

Accidental child death from guns each year...

WISQARS Leading Causes of Death Reports

It’s amazing how fragile the leftist lies are. A single touch of truth shatters them beyond salvage...

Mistake? Sorry! The person in question needs to be removed from the gene pool before he reproduces again.

Since the article didn't call it a revolver, it's usually safe to say it was an automatic. The 'clip' is those long, thin things that hold the bullets that is put into that little hole in the bottom of the handle & locked into place when being used.

I don't know what you might call it, but I've always called it a clip.

2835037300000578-3064290-image-a-10_1430492679224.jpg

Since the article didn't call it a revolver, it's usually safe to say it was an automatic. The 'clip' is those long, thin things that hold the bullets that is put into that little hole in the bottom of the handle & locked into place when being used.

Oh! You mean a “magazine”. “Clips” are a device used to load a magazine.

Hey we all know ( at least every gun control nut seems to think they know) that getting killed with a gun is worse than getting killed any of a million other ways

Last edited:

Yes, I've heard it called a magazine as well, but usually use that term for larger automatic weapons. I guess I am one of the many that make that mistake

9 Most Misused Gun Terms - Guns & Ammo

Literally millions of people call it a clip. Everyone knows they mean magazine.

Shit happens

I love how all you idiots think we can achieve an accident free world

People make mistakes always have always will.
Most mistakes dont kill your little girl you idiot. Its not like everybody that has been around guns doesnt know you check and then double check.

And what about when their toddler falls out a 10 story window, because the parents didn't think the kid could reach it? Or the same with prescription drugs? Or backing out the driveway? Or, or, or.

There are a thousand reasons kids get killed by their parents or other adults in what is considered 'accidents or mistakes'. It's not always about guns

Shit happens

I love how all you idiots think we can achieve an accident free world

People make mistakes always have always will.
Most mistakes dont kill your little girl you idiot. Its not like everybody that has been around guns doesnt know you check and then double check.

And what about when their toddler falls out a 10 story window, because the parents didn't think the kid could reach it? Or the same with prescription drugs? Or backing out the driveway? Or, or, or.

There are a thousand reasons kids get killed by their parents or other adults in what is considered 'accidents or mistakes'. It's not always about guns
They all sound like stupid preventable mistakes to me except maybe backing out of a driveway

I didnt say it was all about guns. I said this one was about a stupid person with a gun.

Forum List

Back