Favorite fast food joint and least favorite fast food joint

Rocko

Platinum Member
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 30, 2011
NY
For me my favorite is a tie between chipotle and Boston market. Chipotle I get the double steak or chicken burrito bowl. Boston Market I get the half chicken with two sides of spinach or one side of spinach and one side sprouts.

Least favorite is papa john’s. Not too much to say other than their pizza (if you want to call it that) is disgusting, and that butter sauce with the pizza. Who the hell eats butter sauce with thief pizza???

I don't have a "least favorite" because I see a place as shitty, I won't go there.

I like the Mexican cuisine at Taco Bell as well as Kentucky Fried Chicken.

Honorable mention to Chick Fil A, which has quick, very polite service and acceptable food as well as Subway which is nice because you see the food before you buy it.

Never had a Papa John's in the USA (and I know some of these global franchises the taste varies from country-to-country) but where I live I find their pizza's over-priced and tasteless.

I enjoy most pizza's (even the cheap frozen supermarket ones) but I wouldn't eat a Papa John's if you gave me it for free. Over-rated, over-priced crap.

Honorable mention to Chick Fil A, which has quick, very polite service and acceptable food as well as Subway which is nice because you see the food before you buy it.
I liked Chic Fil A before they began pandering to homosexuals

now dont go there

Boston Market is my favorite. square meal at a good price. Worst: Kappys in Orlando Area .It has been open for decades. Its the worst, greasy mess with lousy service. But a lot folks seem to keep going there. And Checkers is a close 2nd.Its a chain drive thru. low price but bad quality and not so clean kitchen and employees.

I don't have a "least favorite" because I see a place as shitty, I won't go there.

Fair point. I’ve eaten papa john’s a couple of time because one of the jobs I used to have management ordered it for us during March madness. It was kind of a tradition to order it in the office for everyone during that time. Outside of those times I’ve said far away from that place.

Taco Bell I also avoid, because it tastes like cheap fake Mexican food you see 7-Eleven selling that you tried once and regretted.

Chick fillet I’ve had and I think it’s ok, but overrated to be honest.

I worked in Subway as a teenager. Second job I had. First was a pizzeria in my neighborhood. FIVOS Pizza. I think the owner was a Greek

Boston Market is my favorite. square meal at a good price. Worst: Kappys in Orlando Area .It has been open for decades. Its the worst, greasy mess with lousy service. But a lot folks seem to keep going there. And Checkers is a close 2nd.Its a chain drive thru. low price but bad quality and not so clean kitchen and employees.

Boston market price is good. The meal I get cost 10.80, which isn’t cheap, but they give you a lot of food. One half chicken and two side with a piece of cornbread. Not bad at all.

I liked Chic Fil A before they began pandering to homosexuals

now dont go there

When did they do that? I thought the left hated them because the CEO was against gay marriage

For me my favorite is a tie between chipotle and Boston market. Chipotle I get the double steak or chicken burrito bowl. Boston Market I get the half chicken with two sides of spinach or one side of spinach and one side sprouts.

Least favorite is papa john’s. Not too much to say other than their pizza (if you want to call it that) is disgusting, and that butter sauce with the pizza. Who the hell eats butter sauce with thief pizza???

Fast food joints....

Least favorite is would be little caesars. That microwaved, sitting on a hot rack for 6 hours before you bought it, el-cheapo pizza is the worst tasting crap I have ever had. The only other contender for worst place, would be Cici Pizza, which was the most bland tasteless cheap pizza, covered in rabbit poop pizza, I have ever had. Apparently everyone agreed with me, because every Cici Pizza closed.

My favorite place to eat, would be East of Chicago Pizza, but they closed also. They were not the cheapest Pizza, but every single pizza was fantastic high quality and tasty. And 100% of the time. Never went there and got bad pizza. It was a sad sad day for me, when they closed.

Honestly, the best place to eat for me, is a local independent shop called Louie's Grill. Prices are reasonable, but it's not exactly fast food. More like fast causal. 5 minutes to get a meal, but well worth the 'wait' of 5 minutes. Always good. Every single dish they serve is good.

I realize that doesn't help, since they are local to here, but *shrug*... fast food being 'good' is a stretch. Fast and good, are kind of mutually exclusive.

The only somewhat fast food I could recommend would be maybe Culver's. There is only 2 of those in Columbus Ohio, so not a huge chain... but not bad at all. I can recommend them, for Burgers and Fries. Oh, and they have fantastic Walleye Fish sandwiches usually for month out of the year. Highly highly recommended. Their Walleye fish sandwich is one of the best fish fast food sandwich you can get anywhere.

Fast food joints....

Least favorite is would be little caesars. That microwaved, sitting on a hot rack for 6 hours before you bought it, el-cheapo pizza is the worst tasting crap I have ever had. The only other contender for worst place, would be Cici Pizza, which was the most bland tasteless cheap pizza, covered in rabbit poop pizza, I have ever had. Apparently everyone agreed with me, because every Cici Pizza closed.

My favorite place to eat, would be East of Chicago Pizza, but they closed also. They were not the cheapest Pizza, but every single pizza was fantastic high quality and tasty. And 100% of the time. Never went there and got bad pizza. It was a sad sad day for me, when they closed.

Honestly, the best place to eat for me, is a local independent shop called Louie's Grill. Prices are reasonable, but it's not exactly fast food. More like fast causal. 5 minutes to get a meal, but well worth the 'wait' of 5 minutes. Always good. Every single dish they serve is good.

I realize that doesn't help, since they are local to here, but *shrug*... fast food being 'good' is a stretch. Fast and good, are kind of mutually exclusive.

The only somewhat fast food I could recommend would be maybe Culver's. There is only 2 of those in Columbus Ohio, so not a huge chain... but not bad at all. I can recommend them, for Burgers and Fries. Oh, and they have fantastic Walleye Fish sandwiches usually for month out of the year. Highly highly recommended. Their Walleye fish sandwich is one of the best fish fast food sandwich you can get anywhere.

Never had Little Caesars. Haven’t really heard of any of the other restaurants you mentioned

Just going by fast food:

Burgers:
Whataburger down in Texas was really good. So was Culvers.
The worst fast food burger joint (nationwide) is Wendy's. I used to love it...but now it is terrible.

Pizza:
Pizza Hut would be the best by default
Worst? Papa Johns. Had it twice...vomited both times. Honorable Mention for absolute worst. Pizza Patron in Texas. Grease ate through bottom of box onto car seat. True Story.

Chicken:
Chik-Fil-A. Not even Close. Fried Chicken. Popeyes
Worst? Hartz (if they're still around). Orange chicken. I don't mean the Chinese food...the fried chicken is ORANGE!!!!

Sandwhiches:
Tie: Jimmy Johns rules. Potbelly Sandwich Works is right there as well.
But sometimes...you just need a Subway.
Worst? Jersey Mikes. It tastes like nothing. I'm actually impressed that they could make it that bland.

Chinese:
Sort of a default.... Panda Express. When it's good...it's great. When it's bad...it's baaaaad.

Back when I was a teenager in the 1980s, I worked as a cook at KFC on a secret mission to gather intelligence regarding the secret 11 herbs and spices.

They fired me because customers kept complaining that their chicken didn't have any skin.

My recent place to go is Starbread Filipino bakery. Got it from my NBA basketball board on Twitter. They have the Senorita bread. You have to buy about twenty five ($10) of them or else you'll eat them all before getting home for the rest of the family. They're always fresh, warm, and have a mild sweet and buttery taste.

OIP.fdEh5SuXtxEUo23EMHsGvgHaEK

The other place I like is Jollibee's a fried chicken place in the same mall. It's fried chicken is similar to the quality of Popeye's.
Rf1c149f7212a9a2496d7f1c18d298355

The bad place for fried chicken is KFC. I won't go there anymore as their quality has gone way down.

RE: The MOS Burger in Japan. Do they put MSG in their burgers? I started putting it on my burgers w/salt and pepper this week and it makes them taste great. There was the MSG scare, but I finally got over that and bought a box of it. I put it on my baked french fries w/salt and it made it taste better, too. Just use it like salt.

ETA: Don't taste MSG by itself. However, it adds a nice flavor and taste to all foods that generally take salt. I hear it goes well with sour foods, too. Not to be used with sweet or bitter foods.

I was looking at my spice pantry and had too many spices, so I got rid of the older ones. Pappy's and the herbs all stayed along with a lot of Mexican, fish, seafood, pork, beef, and BBQ seasonings. The pantry looked better, but then I wondered what I could add to it that would be different. A lot of spices are variations of a basic taste or rub. You just look at the spice section and are overwhelmed. Then there are the dried foods section which you can add for more flavors. Then it hit me that I hadn't bought MSG for decades and figured it's safe now, so bought a box and wow it's wonderful. Not just for Asian dishes. I'll be adding it to my eggs tomorrow.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back