Favorite Political Quotes

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBwFDevJ7ls]Dwight Eisenhower Farewell Speech - Military Industrial Complex (Full) - January 17, 1961 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjkbm8kHdOA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjkbm8kHdOA[/ame]

George Carlin:

The real reason that we can’t have the Ten Commandments in a courthouse: You cannot post “Thou shalt not steal,” “Thou shalt not commit adultery,” and “Thou shalt not lie” in a building full of lawyers, judges, and politicians. It creates a hostile work environment

Again George Carlin:

Boy, these conservatives are really something, aren’t they? They’re all in favor of the unborn. They will do anything for the unborn. But once you’re born, you’re on your own. Pro-life conservatives are obsessed with the fetus from conception to nine months. After that, they don’t want to know about you. They don’t want to hear from you. No nothing. No neonatal care, no day care, no head start, no school lunch, no food stamps, no welfare, no nothing. If you’re preborn, you’re fine; if you’re preschool, you’re fucked.

''Being president is like being a jackass in a hailstorm. There's nothing to do but to stand there and take it.''

—Lyndon Johnson

margaret-thatcher-other-peoples-money.jpg

I know you have heard this one before ...but it's just that I love it so

''I hope you're all Republicans.''

—Ronald Reagan, speaking to surgeons as he entered the operating room following a 1981 assassination attempt :lmao::lmao::lmao:

''If one morning I walked on top of the water across the Potomac River, the headline that afternoon would read: 'President Can't Swim.'''

—Lyndon Johnson

he knew he wasn't liked:tongue:

''If one morning I walked on top of the water across the Potomac River, the headline that afternoon would read: 'President Can't Swim.'''

—Lyndon Johnson

he knew he wasn't liked:tongue:

Yet, before Viet Nam he didn't seem to understand why.

“To initiate a war of aggression… is not only an international crime, it is the supreme international crime differing only from other war crimes in that it contains within itself the accumulated evil of the whole."

Equality and Self Improvement

“Never try to be better than somebody else. But most importantly, never cease trying to be the best you can be.” ~ John Wooden

Only government can take perfectly good paper, cover it with perfectly good ink and make the combination worthless. -Milton Friedman

"All things considered, I'd rather be in Philadelphia"

WC Fields on his headstone.

Not political but one of my favorite WC quotes:

Ahh, the pitter patter of little feet around the house. There's nothing like having a midget for a butler.:razz:

"We know where they are. They're in the area around Baghdad and east, south, west and north somewhat." - Sec of Def Donald Rumsfeld, answering a question about the location of WMD in Iraq

''We know there are known knowns: there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns: that is to say we know there are things we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- the ones we don't know we don't know.''
—Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, Defense Department briefing, Feb. 12, 2002

"We know where they are. They're in the area around Baghdad and east, south, west and north somewhat." - Sec of Def Donald Rumsfeld, answering a question about the location of WMD in Iraq

''We know there are known knowns: there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns: that is to say we know there are things we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- the ones we don't know we don't know.''
—Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, Defense Department briefing, Feb. 12, 2002

I'm glad to see that you, too, admire Rummy!

He gets quite a bit of unfair criticism.

Forum List

Back