Favorite Political Quotes

"It isnt that our friends on the Left don't know anything. It's that everything they do know is wrong." -RR

Wayne%2BLaPierre.jpg

Here's the format.

In the text area list your quotation and who said it and all the commentary you please.

But in the little strip where the thread topic would go, (marked, "Title:") please categorize your quotation so that someone looking for quotations about "Equality and Freedom" for example, will be able to easily find it if they do a thread search.

For example:

Title:
Equality and Freedom

The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither. The society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great measure of both.

— Milton Friedman

I'll do a second post immediately to provide a template.

If you wan t a single sentence that'd fit on a bumpersticker I suppose I could find something like that. But overall, my favourite political quote remains the first episode of "The Newsroom" and the Northwestern lecture scene, the "America is not the greatest country anymore" monologue.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16K6m3Ua2nw]The most honest three and a half minutes of television, EVER... - YouTube[/ame]

Here's the format.

In the text area list your quotation and who said it and all the commentary you please.

But in the little strip where the thread topic would go, (marked, "Title:") please categorize your quotation so that someone looking for quotations about "Equality and Freedom" for example, will be able to easily find it if they do a thread search.

For example:

Title:
Equality and Freedom

The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither. The society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great measure of both.

— Milton Friedman

If you wan t a single sentence that'd fit on a bumpersticker I suppose I could find something like that. But overall, my favourite political quote remains the first episode of "The Newsroom" and the Northwestern lecture scene, the "America is not the greatest country anymore" monologue.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16K6m3Ua2nw]The most honest three and a half minutes of television, EVER... - YouTube[/ame]
A phony liberal rant.

Here's the format.

For example:

Title:

]
A phony liberal rant.
I thought it was a phony libertarian rant. But not much difference.

Reality for libs is shaped by movies and fiction. I had no idea this was the case until I saw posts here where libs defended their view of reality by saying "there was an episode of X that talked about this" or "didnt you see the movie Y?"

I got one for the second part of the rant.

Best Bullshit Qualifier ...

"You didn't build that" ~ President Obama re-election speech Roanoke, Virginia

It wasnt even original with Obama. Obama is the biggest plagiarizer in the Oval Office.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-P-CoSNYaI]Elizabeth Warren's "You Didn't Build That Speech" as made famous by Obama [HD] - YouTube[/ame]

I will not make age an issue of this campaign. I am not going to exploit, for political purposes, my opponent's youth and inexperience. -Ronald Reagan

"What is objectionable, what is dangerous, about extremists is not that they are extreme, but that they are intolerant. The evil is not what they say about their cause, but what they say about their opponents." — Robert F. Kennedy

Here's the format.

For example:

Title:
Equality and Freedom

— Milton Friedman

Ladies and Gentlemen,

This post is a perfect example of Liberalitis.

Can you see how it is that so many Libs fail to get it? "It" being whatever Liberals fail to read accurately or comprehend thoroughly and then act as though they couldn't possibly have it wrong.

Delta, re-read my original post and see if you still think I am asking for a bumper sticker sized quotation.

If you do, let me know and I'll try to be more explicit.

:)

Forum List

Back