Favorite State to visit?

Semper Fi said:
I've been there, we took a family vacation there for about a week. A LOT of history there, and I love history. My brother and I took out our pocket knives and opened the blades and held them out in front of us, at an angle while walking the exact field of Pickett's Charge. We played in the Devils Den, and stood on Little Roundtop. We also stood in the room Lincoln was in when he wrote the Gettysburg Address, toured the house of the only civilian casualty of the the Battle of Gettysburg. The late night ghost tour was excellant too.

I'd strongly advise going there, especially if you are into history. Some of the battlesites will give you such chills, it is just awesome.

I love Gettysburg too. I have walked that battlefield from end to end. History oozes from the ground there. I like the ghost tour too.

I went to Tennessee of few years ago...It really is beautiful there.
Also, there is an Island in Maine, that my whole family goes to every Summer, kind of like a family reunion.
Vinalhaven- any one heard of it?

Speaking of Tennessee, anyone ever vacation at Fairfield Glade, a mountain resort close to Crossville? The rental condos up in the mountains are a great place to just get away from it all. Haven't been there for awhile, but really enjoyed the beautiful mountain scenery and the restful environment. We were there for a week in the fall. The leaves were in color, and it was cool enough at night to use the fireplace. We had a condo close by the wooded areas, so many mornings we saw woodland critters nearby rummaging around for food. There is horseback riding available, and when we were there they had a community pancake breakfast available on Saturdays where everyone got together and socialized. One of the fun things was watching the teenagers socialize on Saturday night by driving up and down the strip and hanging out in the parking lots. Small town America--what a delight!

We were there for a week in the fall. The leaves were in color, and it was cool enough at night to use the fireplace. We had a condo close by the wooded areas, so many mornings we saw woodland critters nearby rummaging around for food.

Sounds like your looking out my window...lol.

manu1959 said:
state of Hawaii.............island of Kauai

ahhhhhhhhhhh my favorite!

I also love visiting NYC. Cali probably has the most beautiful places. From San Diego to Mount Shasta there are are so many beautiful scenes.

Every state has its own beauty, but the Southwest USA is my favorite. Oregon is beautiful, so is Utah (Bryce Canyon), Arizona, parts of Nevada (Great Basin National Park, Tahoe), west Texas and the Hill Country of Texas, etc.

I spent quite a bit of time last year up in NE and Maine was beautiful. As was Eastern PA. I also enjoyed visiting West Point. It was NOT what I expected. I didn't expect West Point to be that beautiful!

I just LOVE the outdoors!

I agree that Utah is a state with lots of beautiful tourist attractions. Zion National Park, Bryce Canyon, Canyonlands, and the area around Moab (where they used to make some western movies) are some of the spots we've visited. The Salt Lake City environs are great to explore, especially Antelope Island. The state officials were wise not to allow commercialization on the island. If you want to see herds of buffalo roaming around, that's the place! There's interesting views of the Great Salt Lake from vantage points on the island too.

freeandfun1 said:
ahhhhhhhhhhh my favorite!

I also love visiting NYC. Cali probably has the most beautiful places. From San Diego to Mount Shasta there are are so many beautiful scenes.

Every state has its own beauty, but the Southwest USA is my favorite. Oregon is beautiful, so is Utah (Bryce Canyon), Arizona, parts of Nevada (Great Basin National Park, Tahoe), west Texas and the Hill Country of Texas, etc.

I spent quite a bit of time last year up in NE and Maine was beautiful. As was Eastern PA. I also enjoyed visiting West Point. It was NOT what I expected. I didn't expect West Point to be that beautiful!

I just LOVE the outdoors!

It has always amazed me how the verdant Na Pali coast on Kauai and the desert county in Big Bend National Park in Texas can evoke a similar sense of awe.

dilloduck said:
It has always amazed me how the verdant Na Pali coast on Kauai and the desert county in Big Bend National Park in Texas can evoke a similar sense of awe.

My wife and I spent a week in Big Bend, where were rafted down the Rio Grande and hiked for hours on end. Big Bend is awsome!

JOKER96BRAVO said:
Yes I do...
I'm from FT. Gibson,
It's by Muskogee

I know the area. The entire side of my father's family is from Oklahoma. My grandfather, who was born in 1885, lived in Waldron, AR until the OK rush. They then ended up in Wetumpka and Okemah. Eastern OK around Broken Arrow is beautiful!

freeandfun1 said:
I know the area. The entire side of my father's family is from Oklahoma. My grandfather, who was born in 1885, lived in Waldron, AR until the OK rush. They then ended up in Wetumpka and Okemah. Eastern OK around Broken Arrow is !
It is beautiful, most of my family lives in Norman.
I miss it so...
I have since realized that you take advantage of the place when you live there.
Colorado doesn't have many trees. Going to visit Oklahoma next week. Can't wait.

gop_jeff said:
What is your favorite state OUTSIDE YOUR HOME STATE to visit?

Mine is Tennessee, I think. Beautiful scenery, beautiful women!

Louisiana. There's a little bit of everything, and you haven't really had Gumbo unless you've had it in Louisiana.

Even though it's in my own state, I'll also talk up the scenery in East Texas, particularly the scenery on the way to Louisiana. Just seeing those tall pine trees is almost enough in itself to make the trip.

..I've been to most states in the union EXCEPT for the Pacific NW, dying to do that!.
I prefer Colorado. In the mountains. That is where my dream to be would be to retire in Estes Park and run a little boutique or gift shop there.
Pure Heaven!

I 've been to every state in the U.S. except 4.I love it out west! It's beautiful out around the Denver, Colarado area..and parts of New Mexico is awsome at nighttime with all the lights...Southern Utah is Slammin' also. I have family out west also and get to visit often.It's great.... :)

Tammy

One of my favorite spots, Stanely Basin in the shadow of the Sawtooth Mountains. Beautiful!

wallone.jpeg

Almost in the middle of Idaho, BTW. :)

no1tovote4 said:
I like Alaska.

Its nice living here, too. Cold at times, of course, but the summers and spring are excellant. Being down south this Christmas was wierd, there was actually sunlight. Seriously, for weeks at a time I would never see the sun because when I would go to school the sun wouldnt be up yet, and going home from wrestling the sun has already set.

Forum List

Back