Favorite Talk Radio Shows

Listening to a liberal and a conservative bicker for a couple of hours every day must be tiring. It's like having a teacher constantly disrupted by an argumentative wise ass. Most people want to listen to a radio talk show based on ideology that matches their own.

John Bachelor

Mostly foreign policy talk, but he teaches and covers history a great deal, and his "Into the Black" segments are really good.

Howard Stern on his A game is the best. But that's pretty rare these days. I like the Mad Dog Radio lineup on Sirius/XM and on my local radio I like the Junkies in the morning and the 980 lineup the rest of the day.

As far as conservative talk radio goes they're all complete bullshit except Michael Savage has some good points every once in a while when he's not being a despicable old bastard like the rest of 'em.

There are no such talk shows where I live. I have kind of forgotten the power of AM-politico shows.

I hate AM radio, besides it'd be useless to me as a truck driver.

Sirius/XM satellite radio reaches me no matter where I am in the country.

Satellite is good that way. AM would be worthwhile if it wasn't stuffed to the gills with me-too clones all crowing the same crap. Used to be more localized.

I can see the value of controversial talk if you're driving through the night. It's a good stimulant to stay awake. While I enjoy me some SiriusXM, I get more than enough politics here so by the time I'm on the road I welcome a break from it. I did the comedy channels for a while until I started hearing the same things again. Now I listen to CBC (XM169) a lot - they have a lot of good documentaries.

I get some really good talkers on my old Grundig. Its all I have in the middle of nowhere.

Been meaning to upgrade to a CC but I do love this old beast of a radio.

A trucker eh? My dad called his rig Thunder and night was his time. Now I don't know the new networks but on AM I can pick up two of my favorites guys on Red Eye out of WLS in Chicago.

An FYI for those that don't know radio. I can pick up signals from as far away as Chicago and Colorado.

KOA Denver? I've gotten them here in Carolina. And as far east as central PA. Awesome signal.

Used to DX the whole AM dial growing up from soiutheast PA. Had 'em all logged as far away as Mexico.

I did the comedy channels for a while until I started hearing the same things again.

Same here, but there are some comedians I never get tired of.

Ralphie May, John Panetta (RIP), John Caparulo, and the occasional time they play George Carlin (RIP)

The only one I listen to regularly is Mark Levin.

Having listened to them all., Levin likely the smartest and most accomplished on the radio.

Which is why the libs hate him.

Nut jobs often diminish what he and his ilk have to say, but that is entirely because they don't understand it.

Levin is interesting but way too caustic and jittery. Awful voice and delivery.

Jittery? Hardly.
Caustic? Not as much anymore.

To the degree he is either, is the degree to which liberalism is a dangerous and growing trend.

His voice is needed and appreciated in these dire circumstances.

Listening to a liberal and a conservative bicker for a couple of hours every day must be tiring. It's like having a teacher constantly disrupted by an argumentative wise ass. Most people want to listen to a radio talk show based on ideology that matches their own.

It's more than "matching", it's reinforcing and amplifying. So those who take these shows at face value get more and more absolutist. The shows do far more harm than good.

John Bachelor

Mostly foreign policy talk, but he teaches and covers history a great deal, and his "Into the Black" segments are really good.

Agreed. Bachelor is very good. He often has great author's discussing historical events.

Also like Savage and Prager, though Prager is too neocon for me, but often has interesting guests and discusses many non-political topics.

Everything Financial Radio with Dennis Tubbergen is a great resource for REAL economic news.

Having listened to them all., Levin likely the smartest and most accomplished on the radio.

Nut jobs often diminish what he and his ilk have to say, but that is entirely because they don't understand it.

What a sad little world you must live in, unable to distinguish between a variant opinion and "hate".
Perhaps there's so much hate being dangled in front of you already that you think it's the norm. :(

What a sad little world you must live in, unable to distinguish between a variant opinion and "hate".
Perhaps there's so much hate being dangled in front of you already that you think it's the norm. :(

The sad world I live in is not little. It is large, and increasingly dominated by liberals....a clear and present danger to my family. This list is long. Yes, liberal hate is increasingly the norm.....individual rights are being chipped away by the statist, and since you said you regularly listen to Levin, you should already know what I'm talking about.

The sad world I live in is not little. It is large, and increasingly dominated by liberals....a clear and present danger to my family. This list is long. Yes, liberal hate is increasingly the norm.....individual rights are being chipped away by the statist, and since you said you regularly listen to Levin, you should already know what I'm talking about.

Who the fuck is "Levin"?

That was you who brought up Levin. You actually don't know the difference between what you post and what somebody else does? No wonder you're so confuserated.

As I said, maybe you need to get your head out of the hatemongers' bunghole. Might give you a perspective on what's out there in the world or reality -- as opposed to the comic book paranoia freak show.

Who the fuck is "Levin"?

That was you who brought up Levin. You actually don't know the difference between what you post and what somebody else does? No wonder you're so confuserated.

As I said, maybe you need to get your head out of the hatemongers' bunghole. Might give you a perspective on what's out there in the world or reality -- as opposed to the comic book paranoia freak show.
Pogo, your post is awful and offensive, why such an attack on someone who is simply expressing what many of us see everyday.

I would say Pogo replied with hate and anger, bizarre and irrational.

Who the fuck is "Levin"?

Pogo, your post is awful and offensive, why such an attack on someone who is simply expressing what many of us see everyday.

I would say Pogo replied with hate and anger, bizarre and irrational.

Really.
Then how do you characterize calling me a "liar"?

And what business is it of yours anyway? The poster claimed I said something I never said, so I set him straight.

Who da "liar" now, beeyatch?

Forum List

Back