FDA panel votes against MDMA for PTSD, setting up hurdle to approval

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
So, no Ecstasy for PTSD--so surprised...not. This may have some benefit for some vets...but a drug that makes you highly suggestible..and horny would raise a lot of red flags for me!
More research..no rush to approve needed.

Potential approval of MDMA to treat post-traumatic stress disorder hit a major hurdle Tuesday, as a panel of the Food and Drug Administration's outside advisers voted against the treatment.

The committee voted nine against, two in favor, on the question of whether there was enough data to show the drug was effective in treating PTSD. The drug, which doctors call midomafetamine, is sold illegally as the street drug ecstasy.

While the FDA is not required to follow the committee's votes, agency officials often follow the panel's feedback. Sometimes drugmakers end up having to run different studies before they resubmit for the FDA's approval.

The agency is expected to decide by Aug. 11 on the current submission by Lykos Therapeutics on trialing MDMA.

Our country once again turning its back on the service members they broke. They would rather see a solider dead than getting the medicine that could help.

So, no Ecstasy for PTSD--so surprised...not. This may have some benefit for some vets...but a drug that makes you highly suggestible..and horny would raise a lot of red flags for me!
More research..no rush to approve needed.

Potential approval of MDMA to treat post-traumatic stress disorder hit a major hurdle Tuesday, as a panel of the Food and Drug Administration's outside advisers voted against the treatment.

The committee voted nine against, two in favor, on the question of whether there was enough data to show the drug was effective in treating PTSD. The drug, which doctors call midomafetamine, is sold illegally as the street drug ecstasy.

While the FDA is not required to follow the committee's votes, agency officials often follow the panel's feedback. Sometimes drugmakers end up having to run different studies before they resubmit for the FDA's approval.

The agency is expected to decide by Aug. 11 on the current submission by Lykos Therapeutics on trialing MDMA.
The 1st time I did MDMA I was 14 or 15. Must have been weak as I liked mescaline more. Haven't used any psychedelic or mind altering chemical in many years besides psilocybin. Those mushrooms were my favorite and the feeling I had after was amazing. If the FDA needs more time okaying MDMA it's probably because it's addictive like meth.

Forum List

Back