FDR- the Icon Hero of the Left

FWIW, the Japanese and Germans and Italians were interned, Canada followed suit.

During WW2, an exchange process was instituted for American citizens caught behind axis control , or POW's

Repatriation Process
Between 1939 and 1945, the U.S. and its Allies suffered hundreds of thousands of casualties to the advancing Japanese and German armies across the globe. In addition to combat soldiers taken prisoner, U.S. and Allied civilians were cut-off overseas as country after country fell to the Axis. In an effort to safely return them, the U.S. began to negotiate with Japan and Germany in March 1942 to establish an official "Exchange Process (or Program)." During the "Exchange Process," Spain served as the Protectorate Nation for Japan, and Switzerland served as Protectorate Nation for Germany. This "Exchange Process" began with governmental diplomats, including consulate and embassy staffs and their families in the Americas, but increased to include both civilians and severely wounded prisoners of war. The "Exchange Process" continued through 1942 and into 1943. The chartered Swedish ship, the SS Gripsholm was one of several ships that sailed from the U.S. with internees from INS camps across the U.S.

I.E.~ our boys, who were being treated like>>>

Canadian-POWs.jpg

made our intern camps look like disneyland

~S~

My dad served in Pattons army, uncles also. Both my GF's immigrated to America in time to step off the boat ,be fitted for a uniform, and serve in the trenches of WW1, the first english they learned was 'incoming'....

For the life of me i don't see why DJT isn't doing the very same thing for all these islamic men fit for duty.

~S~

My dad served in Pattons army, uncles also. Both my GF's immigrated to America in time to step off the boat ,be fitted for a uniform, and serve in the trenches of WW1, the first english they learned was 'incoming'....

For the life of me i don't see why DJT isn't doing the very same thing for all these islamic men fit for duty.

~S~

My Dad served in Germany. The man who later became my Husband, Father of my Son’s was an 18 year old, wounded on Omaha Beach, went on all the way through Europe, helped liberate the Concentration Camps.
My Uncles, all my further BIL’s served.

I am so sick of the Johnny come lately who have no idea what they went through. The ignorance is amazing. The last war we ever won.

I remember FDR well. I barely remember his, “ Day Of Infamy,” Speech, but know I was terrified.

They committed no crimes because they were locked up first

When will you surrender yourself for preemptive law enforcement?
In 1942, the Japanese were a threat to the country and were considered to be loyal to their emperor.
Containment was considered the only way to prevent Japanese espionage on the West Coast

Lie. The scumbag fdr knew the Americans he threw into his concentration camps were NOT a threat.
Doesn’t seem anyone knew

The scumbag fdr knew. The Navy told him, his own intel operatives told him, the FBI told him. Quit playing the apologist, racist democrat.
He may have received some conflicting opinions
The OVERWHELMING opinion was that the Japanese were dangerous and needed to be locked up
Very few Americans disagreed

~S~

My Dad served in Germany. The man who later became my Husband, Father of my Son’s was an 18 year old, wounded on Omaha Beach, went on all the way through Europe, helped liberate the Concentration Camps.
My Uncles, all my further BIL’s served.

I am so sick of the Johnny come lately who have no idea what they went through. The ignorance is amazing. The last war we ever won.

I remember FDR well. I barely remember his, “ Day Of Infamy,” Speech, but know I was terrified.
People need to understand a 1942 mindset.
There were good guys and there were bad guys. In 1942, there were no bigger bad guys than the Japs who bombed Pearl Harbor

In 1942, the Japanese were a threat to the country and were considered to be loyal to their emperor.
Containment was considered the only way to prevent Japanese espionage on the West Coast
Had FDR not done it, California was already going to and the possibility of mass killings of American/Japanese civilians would have happened..
Hard to recreate the hysteria of 1942 with a 2018 mindset

Ralph Carr did not live in 2018.
Good ole Ralph
One of the ONLY Americans to disagree
Most Americans cheered the idea

You mean most people like YOU. Playing the shameless apologist does not let the scumbag fdr off the hook.

1942 America was a racist society
Each nationality and race was assumed to have certain attributes

The Japs were not trusted and were treated accordingly

Had FDR not done it, California was already going to and the possibility of mass killings of American/Japanese civilians would have happened..

They were hated because they

Good ole Ralph

You mean most people like YOU. Playing the shameless apologist does not let the scumbag fdr off the hook.

1942 America was a racist society
Each nationality and race was assumed to have certain attributes

The Japs were not trusted and were treated accordingly
FDR was Americas Stalin

Your ignorance of History is appalling.
It's part of a group that tries to demonize FDR...

Yes, I know. That is why I am posting to show how sheep are led.

Not one has answered my question about taking advantage of those programs.

Good ole Ralph
Doesn't matter if the Japanese Americans were a threat or not. That is not the deciding question. The real question is, is the Constitution the law of the land or not?

Clearly FDR and many other tyrannical presidents our nation has had to endure, do not believe the Constitution constrains their power to do whatever they want.

You obviously prefer tyranny of the executive (aka criminal scumbag), rather than a constitutional republic that limits the power of the central government. FDR should have been impeached and removed for this action and so many others the crook undertook.

Good ole Ralph
Doesn't matter if the Japanese Americans were a threat or not. That is not the deciding question. The real question is, is the Constitution the law of the land or not?

Clearly FDR and many other tyrannical presidents our nation has had to endure, do not believe the Constitution constrains their power to do whatever they want.

You obviously prefer tyranny of the executive (aka criminal scumbag), rather than a constitutional republic that limits the power of the central government. FDR should have been impeached and removed for this action and so many others the crook undertook.
In times of war and national emergency yes rights can be curtailed..

Good ole Ralph

Yeah a war entirely set up by FDR.

Good ole Ralph

That’s odd

It is SCOTUS that is empowered to enforce the Constitution. Yet, in 1942, they had no problem interning Japanese

Good ole Ralph

Yeah a war entirely set up by FDR.
Hitler and Tojo had something to do with it

Good ole Ralph

In WWI they would lock you up for speaking out against the war

Lie. The scumbag fdr knew the Americans he threw into his concentration camps were NOT a threat.
Doesn’t seem anyone knew

The scumbag fdr knew. The Navy told him, his own intel operatives told him, the FBI told him. Quit playing the apologist, racist democrat.

You really believe everything you hear don’t you?

No wonder a con man sits in the WhiteHouse.!

But I will say no more. There is no answer for complete ignorance.

Speaking of ignorance...

Read the Ringle report and lay off the worship of false idols.

Last edited:

Good ole Ralph

In WWI they would lock you up for speaking out against the war

The democrats would, you mean.

Doesn’t seem anyone knew

He may have received some conflicting opinions
The OVERWHELMING opinion was that the Japanese were dangerous and needed to be locked up
Very few Americans disagreed

The racist scumbag knew there was no threat, and knew what he was doing was wrong. His buddies got some real bargains on real estate though. You lower yourself to his level of immoral and un-American filth by playing the shameless apologist.

As a liberal, I am proud to have FDR as one of our greatest presidents

Forum List

Back