Feast of Eid

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2011
A few of my classes have one or two Muslim students in them, so we had a little mini Feast of Eid in one class today. I tried my hand at preparing a few traditional dishes (and a few store-bought ones). I think the students appreciated a little recognition (in most classes they are very much in the minority), and the other students got to try some foods they'd never had before.

A few of my classes have one or two Muslim students in them, so we had a little mini Feast of Eid in one class today.

Because religious instruction in public school is fine - just so long as it's not Christian. :thup:

I tried my hand at preparing a few traditional dishes (and a few store-bought ones). I think the students appreciated a little recognition (in most classes they are very much in the minority), and the other students got to try some foods they'd never had before.

In the days of Covid, it's astounding the school would let you serve food in the classroom.

Now just sit back and wait for the boards reactionary right to blow their top and come in like jackals to rend and tear at you.
Don't be silly. I am as conservative as it gets and I love Middle Eastern food and treasured the time I spent learning about Muslim culture. Ditto with the Jewish people I've known. And I was married to an American of Japanese descent whose Issei and Nissei parents kept us happily surrounded by Japanese culture.

Are right wingers supposed to eschew everything that is not American culture, in your opinion? Don't you dare eat Italian food. Ditto anything Mexican. I even like Ethiopian food.

What is fucking wrong with you ? Why do you hate America ?

Actually, great Americans have no problem with the tremendous Muslim religion.

President Trump used to roast an iftar every year for all of his muslim friends at the WH.

BTW, did you see where the Trumpster endorsed devout muslim physician Mehmet Oz for the US Senate? Oz gave Trump a clean bill of health back in 2016 and the Trumpster is appreciative and a classy fellow.

Now just sit back and wait for the boards reactionary right to blow their top and come in like jackals to rend and tear at you.
I wont tear into the teacher

He cant have much ass to tear into at this point

But why emphasize differences?

Better to make the muslims for comfortable with American culture

I wont tear into the teacher

He cant have much ass to tear into at this point

But why emphasize differences?

Better to make the muslims for comfortable with American culture
Who says they aren't comfortable with American culture or are you claiming only you and those who think like you can say what American culture is?
What he did was harmless and got all the kids in the class involved. It was a good teaching moment.

A few of my classes have one or two Muslim students in them, so we had a little mini Feast of Eid in one class today. I tried my hand at preparing a few traditional dishes (and a few store-bought ones). I think the students appreciated a little recognition (in most classes they are very much in the minority), and the other students got to try some foods they'd never had before.
Eid makes me miss Turkey.

Those people were so wonderful.

No sweeter, more welcoming people that I have ever come across.

Don't be silly. I am as conservative as it gets and I love Middle Eastern food and treasured the time I spent learning about Muslim culture. Ditto with the Jewish people I've known. And I was married to an American of Japanese descent whose Issei and Nissei parents kept us happily surrounded by Japanese culture.

Are right wingers supposed to eschew everything that is not American culture, in your opinion? Don't you dare eat Italian food. Ditto anything Mexican. I even like Ethiopian food.
No you are not as conservative as it gets, you're not part of the extreme right who I was referring to.

Who says they aren't comfortable with American culture or are you claiming only you and those who think like you can say what American culture is?
What he did was harmless and got all the kids in the class involved. It was a good teaching moment.
If they are fully melted into the pot already then there is no reason to promote muslim differences

But I suspect the teacher wants a smorgasbord of differences that undermines American culture

If they are fully melted into the pot already then there is no reason to promote muslim differences

But I suspect the teacher wants a smorgasbord of differences that undermines American culture
If I was to view it in a black and white, ether or mentality then I would have to agree with you, luckily I do not. It was an inclusion lesson not a separation lesson as you choose to believe. Try not being tribalistic all the time.

If I was to view it in a black and white, ether or mentality then I would have to agree with you, luckily I do not. It was an inclusion lesson not a separation lesson as you choose to believe. Try not being tribalistic all the time.
I dont think Americans have to be herded to a buffet table and told to “Try it, you’ll like it” even if they are children under the influence of a teacher with a political agenda

Most cities have foreign cuisine for those who are curious

Forum List

Back