FED Appeal Court Rejects -Dallas Suburb Cannot bar Illegal Immigrants from Renting

Geaux4it

Intensity Factor 4-Fold
May 31, 2009
Tennessee
Another case of the FEDS trumping State laws voted by the people.

Dallas suburb cannot bar housing to illegal immigrants, court rules | Reuters

n a 9-6 ruling, the 5th U.S. Court of Appeals in New Orleans upheld a lower-court decision to block the ordinance in Farmers Branch, Texas, finding that the law interfered with the federal government's authority over immigration policy.

And one wonders why America is suffering a slow death at the hands of the Feds

Disgusting

-Geaux

Last edited:

n a 9-6 ruling, the 5th U.S. Court of Appeals in New Orleans upheld a lower-court decision to block the ordinance in Farmers Branch, Texas, finding that the law interfered with the federal government's authority over immigration policy.

Disgusting

-Geaux

Nonsense.

Since the Foundation Era it was understood and accepted that Federal law is supreme:

By creating new criminal offenses and allowing state courts to review a non-citizen's immigration status, the law conflicted with federal law, a majority of the judges concluded, citing a recent U.S. Supreme Court ruling on Arizona's immigration laws.

Neither the people nor the states have the authority to ignore or preempt Federal law:

Because the sole purpose and effect of this ordinance is to target the
presence of illegal aliens within the City of Farmers Branch and to cause their
removal, it contravenes the federal government’s exclusive authority over the
regulation of immigration and the conditions of residence in this country, and it
constitutes an obstacle to federal authority over immigration and the conduct of
foreign affairs. The ordinance is unconstitutional, and the judgment of the
district court is affirmed.

http://www.ca5.uscourts.gov/opinions\pub\10/10-10751-CV0.wpd.pdf

To be perfectly logical, would you really prefer them to live under an over pass?

Playing devil's advocate here, and I despise illegals by the way, would you really want to drive by some brown kid starving, and without clothes?

My point being simply that you need to temper some of this politically charged BS with a little compassion.

Agreed. This is a stupid ordinance, although I don't know that I agree with the court that it violates federal law.

To be perfectly logical, would you really prefer them to live under an over pass?

Playing devil's advocate here, and I despise illegals by the way, would you really want to drive by some brown kid starving, and without clothes?

My point being simply that you need to temper some of this politically charged BS with a little compassion.

Deport them

Compassionately of course

Disgusting

-Geaux

Nonsense.

Since the Foundation Era it was understood and accepted that Federal law is supreme

The Supreme Court has legislated for decades, making up many powers that are not in the Constitution; for instance the so-called commerce clause. Or the right to privacy, which they only apply to abortions and not to people's private communications. The Federal Law was never meant to be supreme. Saying that the law has been corrupted for more than a century does not justify it.

Disgusting

-Geaux

Nonsense.

Since the Foundation Era it was understood and accepted that Federal law is supreme:

By creating new criminal offenses and allowing state courts to review a non-citizen's immigration status, the law conflicted with federal law, a majority of the judges concluded, citing a recent U.S. Supreme Court ruling on Arizona's immigration laws.

Neither the people nor the states have the authority to ignore or preempt Federal law:

Because the sole purpose and effect of this ordinance is to target the
presence of illegal aliens within the City of Farmers Branch and to cause their
removal, it contravenes the federal government’s exclusive authority over the
regulation of immigration and the conditions of residence in this country, and it
constitutes an obstacle to federal authority over immigration and the conduct of
foreign affairs. The ordinance is unconstitutional, and the judgment of the
district court is affirmed.

http://www.ca5.uscourts.gov/opinions\pub\10/10-10751-CV0.wpd.pdf

Show me the clause in the Constitution that says the feds have exclusive authority over immigration. No hurry I'll wait.

Disgusting

-Geaux

I disagree. It's yet another case of Republicans wasting taxpayer money on passing bullshit laws they know don't have a lick of a chance of standing.

Deport them

Compassionately of course

After they spend a winter on the street or later? What about the kids that they spawned here?

I'm playing devil's advocate here a little bit but you know damn good and well that Obama isn't going to deport many of these people.

That said, it still gets cold in Texas and the south west so when you find your "beaner" ass stuck between state and Federal law with kids running around then what are you supposed to do? Build a camp fire, sing a few songs?

I'll save you folks the flame material, by being perfectly honest wit you: I love all children. I don't care what color they are or where they're from, and let's face it, Hispanic couples like having a lot of children. I can't walk 10 feet without running into 1 of the crazy little bastards. I meant that in a good way. :razz:

America is not dying a slow death at the hands of the Feds, by the way.

Go to any cowpoke red state. It's still the same shitty place you visited before Obama. Nothing's changed.

Disgusting

-Geaux

unenforceable. Besides, any rental agency or management company can demand among other things, a clean driving record, clean criminal record, I-9 form and a credit check.
There are ways to defy this intrusive ruling. It's crap.

Agreed. This is a stupid ordinance, although I don't know that I agree with the court that it violates federal law.

Show me in the Constitution where the court gets the power to say that a town can't pass this sort of ordinance. You can't do it.

The Constitution is pretty clear that we are citizens of the United States first, and citizens of the state we live in or are from, second.

Therefore, if you are not a citizen, you are not a citizen of the United States first, and then not a citizen of Texas, second.

I think that's why Texas can't just do whatever they want. A non citizen is the responsibility of the nation first, the state, second.

America is not dying a slow death at the hands of the Feds, by the way.

Go to any cowpoke red state. It's still the same shitty place you visited before Obama. Nothing's changed.

Lame.

Precisely. Still the lame old place that was always there, except some white folks get illegals to work for them for hardly nothing and then bitch when those illegals want to go somewhere to sleep at night and have a roof over their heads.

To be perfectly logical, would you really prefer them to live under an over pass? (no.., i would prefer them to live under and under pass :up: damn it, they do not belong here and as far as our immigration laws are concerned, they have been amended, changed and screwed with for 100 years just to accommodate illegals, i have no sympathy nor pity for them.)

oooh ! great, let's burn all the fucking laws and live by "FEEEEELING" and compassion alone.., OK ?that little brown kid should not be here in the first place, his parents committed an ILLEGAL act, according to our laws..., but hey, fuck the laws let's just show some "commmmpassssion"

Show me in the Constitution where the court gets the power to say that a town can't pass this sort of ordinance. You can't do it.

The Constitution is pretty clear that we are citizens of the United States first, and citizens of the state we live in or are from, second.

Therefore, if you are not a citizen, you are not a citizen of the United States first, and then not a citizen of Texas, second.

I think that's why Texas can't just do whatever they want. A non citizen is the responsibility of the nation first, the state, second.

You might want to read Article 1, Section 9, it's the states who admit immigrants not the feds. The feds were granted the power to determine who the states could admit after 1808. It's pretty simple.

The main issue with these and similar rulings is the news of them travels rapidly southward. The end result is of course not to benefit those already here, but these decisions attract more people to cross illegally.

Forum List

Back