Federal Government should not get involved in CHAZ nonsense unless specifically requested by Washington State

ColonelAngus

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2015
POTUS should make it clear that the Fed is there to help, and Washington can ask any time for assistance, but it’s the problem of Washington’s LE to solve primarily.

It seems pretty simple to me...but it has to be very public and a specific date when POTUS makes this clear.

The Democrats will try to blame Trump for Federal inaction if shit goes sideways.

The Democrats and the media WANT bloodshed to pin on Trump because they are soulless ghouls.

Basically, federal intervention is only supposed to be used went the state can't handle the situation. That isn't the case, here; the locals could handle it, they just don't want to for political reasons. As ugly and awful as this whole situation is, it is amazing that the Dems can't see how they are hurting their own citizens and how much they are hurting their own cause. Who in their right mind would vote for these bozos? Has anyone seen any polls about this? Not that I trust the polls, but this shit can't be playing well in Peoria and every other locale that isn't bat-shit crazy deep blue.

I don't think the President agrees with you.

No doubt, but he's got legal people around him telling him he doesn't have the right to call in federal troops anytime he feels like it. And maybe more importantly, he's got political people telling him that he could lose his re-election bid if he goes in with guns ablazin' and leaves a bunch of bodies on the ground. Even antifa bodies.

It’s amazing what goes on in some of these liberal run municipalities.

It’s their cities, and they should be able to run them like they want, but they also should be limited in their ability to come running to the rest of the nation to bail them out when the boat they built and insisted on putting in the water against the advice of everyone else.....starts to sink.

CHAZ WILL NOT END IN SOME KIND OF FAIRYTALE OUT OF A DISNEY MOVIE.

City charters are the authority that cities have to govern. And a part of that charter requires the provision of public safety and security, which clearly Seattle is not doing if the cops are prevented from entering the CHAZ area. We've already heard of extortion going on, and we'll soon hear of rapes and murders and robberies, so what happens then? Will the governor do something about it if the Seattle mayor won't? Last I heard, the gov has sent in UNARMED NatGuard people but they ain't supposed to be doing much of anything. Sooner or later the dynamic is going to change, what happens then?

City charters are the authority that cities have to govern. And a part of that charter requires the provision of public safety and security, which clearly Seattle is not doing if the cops are prevented from entering the CHAZ area. We've already heard of extortion going on, and we'll soon hear of rapes and murders and robberies, so what happens then? Will the governor do something about it if the Seattle mayor won't? Last I heard, the gov has sent in UNARMED NatGuard people but they ain't supposed to be doing much of anything. Sooner or later the dynamic is going to change, what happens then?

This is what they voted for, let them have it all. Good lesson for the college educated gender studies graduates.

Have CBP set up passport checkpoints and give everyone who wants out 24 hours to clear the area....Then nobody in or out without a passport.

POTUS should make it clear that the Fed is there to help, and Washington can ask any time for assistance, but it’s the problem of Washington’s LE to solve primarily.

It seems pretty simple to me...but it has to be very public and a specific date when POTUS makes this clear.

The Democrats will try to blame Trump for Federal inaction if shit goes sideways.

The Democrats and the media WANT bloodshed to pin on Trump because they are soulless ghouls.
Trump should end the occupation

but without cracking skulls no matter how much they deserve a good thrashing

just seal the occupied area and cut off water and electricity

allow nothing to go in and starve them out

Last edited:

just seal off the occupied area and cut off water and electricity

Washington State National Guard should do that, not the Fed.

It will devolve into primitive times. They will probably burn the district to the ground.

Trump can nationalize the Guard

No doubt, but he's got legal people around him telling him he doesn't have the right to call in federal troops anytime he feels like it. And maybe more importantly, he's got political people telling him that he could lose his re-election bid if he goes in with guns ablazin' and leaves a bunch of bodies on the ground. Even antifa bodies.
The president may not legally be OK to bring US troops in "any time he feels like it" , but he does have the legal right to bring them in when there is an obvious need for them. This is includes when scatterbrained "leaders" (Washington and Seattle) refuse to lead, and go as far as removing their police from a sizable section of a city, so nutjob occupiers can occupy it.

In 1957, then President Eisenhower enacted the Insurrection Act, to send US troops to Little Rock, Arkansas. He didn't have the request from Arkansas governor Orville Faubus, and in fact, Eisenhower's action was in direct contradiction to what Faubus was doing, and overruled Faubus. Other times, US troops were called in, similar situation.

Whoever is giving the president legal "advice", is either lying, or they flunked history.

Understood. We just disagree. I dont think the Fed should step in over the state of Washington at this point.

It will devolve into primitive times. They will probably burn the district to the ground.
whether they do or not seal the area and arrest everyone inside

above and beyong other punishment make the rioters pay for every cent of damage they have done

Understood. We just disagree. I dont think the Fed should step in over the state of Washington at this point.
I‘m not a lib so I dont demand that everyone agree with me

Or the Governor can activate them, and send them in with orders to use whatever force is necessary...

It's called DOING HIS JOB!!!

If he doesn't, I say let Antifa burn it to the ground, and the Governor can take all the credit!!!

Forum List

Back