Federal Government To Atv Owners: One At A Time

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
Well thank gawd for this. we know you all are just to stupid to make your own decisions in your lives..another worthless government agency that need to be DONE AWAY WITH

SNIP:

ATV group says proposal to prevent passengers is ‘overreaching and unfortunate’

AP
BY: Elizabeth Harrington
September 22, 2014 4:10 pm
The Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) is looking into how to ban passengers from riding four wheelers in the name of public safety.
The agency issued a “request for information” on Monday to learn the feasibility of prohibiting more than one person from riding an all-terrain vehicle (ATV). The notice will be published in the Federal Register on Tuesday.

“Since the 1980s, the CPSC has addressed ATV safety through various activities, including rulemaking, recalls, consumer education, media outreach following fatal incidents, and litigation,” Todd A. Stevenson, secretary of the CPSC wrote. “Despite these activities, ATV-related fatalities continue to be one of the largest categories of consumer product-related deaths. ATV safety, therefore, remains an ongoing Commission concern.”

“Accordingly, this request for information (RFI) seeks information from stakeholders related to passenger use of ATVs,” the agency said. “CPSC staff will use information gathered from this RFI to assist in developing recommended courses of action for Commission consideration as to whether a performance requirement to prevent passenger use of ATVs is appropriate.”
The notice will be open for public comment for 60 days. The CPSC is interested in learning how often passengers ride on ATVs and the weight, age, and gender of individuals involved in ATV accidents with more than one passenger.

ALL of it here:

Federal Government to ATV Owners One at a Time Washington Free Beacon

Despite these activities, ATV-related fatalities continue to be one of the largest categories of consumer product-related deaths. ATV safety, therefore, remains an ongoing Commission concern.”

But look at all the money the emergency rooms lose on the kids killed and maimed by riding these vehicles with their dads. Staph crys big tears for the monetary losses from enforcing sane laws concerning these vehicles.

Regulations? We don't need to stinking regulation. We WANT to be a 3rd wold country...

Overloaded-Motorbike.jpg

2759637878_6a1d0aefb3.jpg

Can someone explain to me just how the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) can ban you from doing anything?

Did you guise read the article? No.
“Note, however, that any law or regulation aimed at changing consumer use of ATVs, such as a law to prohibit ATV use by passengers, would need to be addressed at the state level,” the CPSC added.
See how that works? They have to pass what is known as a Law.

Not a Rule.
Not a Regulation.
Not an Ordinance.
Not a Policy.

A Law.

Can someone explain to me just how the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) can ban you from doing anything?

I don't think we're allowed to ask that.
you see the post above if we didn't have them we'd be a third world country.
:bang3:

They can't. They are looking into how to do it. I would think that the sort of activity pictured in the OP's photograph would be illegal already.
If they can't then why are they "looking into it?" Because a certain segment of Americans are stupid enough to go along with it.

What does the owners manual of the average ATV say? You know, those papers you throw away when you buy something new? It has recommendations on how to operate whatever it is that you bought.

Ever read those? No.

Only America has warning labels on paper bags that say "Not For Consumption" or on hairdryers: "Do Not Use While Showering".

Why? Because Americans know about Sports and Gossip and nothing else.

They can't. They are looking into how to do it. I would think that the sort of activity pictured in the OP's photograph would be illegal already.
If they can't then why are they "looking into it?" Because a certain segment of Americans are stupid enough to go along with it.

What does the owners manual of the average ATV say? You know, those papers you throw away when you buy something new? It has recommendations on how to operate whatever it is that you bought.

Ever read those? No.

So you think this should be okay?

"I got my nutz ripped off by a table saw so i'm suing the manufacturer. They didn't put a warning label specifically saying "Don't Put Your Testicles In The Rotating Blade" and I did it and I lost mine. If only the (Gov't Alphabet Agency) was there to warn me I'd be ok now! I want 500 Million dollars."

Last edited:
It's that guys bike. You got NO business telling him how to operate it. It's a simple concept: He paid the money, he gets to say how it's used.

Would I ride like that? No. But if I did you'd have No Business telling me otherwise.

It's that guys bike. You got NO business telling him how to operate it. It's a simple concept: He paid the money, he gets to say how it's used.

Would I ride like that? No. But if I did you'd have No Business telling me otherwise.

ever day they prove this motto:
scratch a liberal find a FASCIST
No wonder they are in love with Obama

And here's another thing: Maybe because of onerous gov't regulations in his country that make jobs scarce and fuel really expensive he HAS to travel in this manner.
You ever think of that? Maybe that's his whole f*ckin' family. Maybe he's providing a Taxi Service. I don't f*ckin' know.
But you would go over there and tell him what to do with his bike wouldn't ya' you self rightous sh*t. How bout you just mind yer own f*ckin' business?

Its your bike and YOU are responsible for the safety of those who ride on it

"I got my nutz ripped off by a table saw so i'm suing the manufacturer. They didn't put a warning label specifically saying "Don't Put Your Testicles In The Rotating Blade" and I did it and I lost mine. If only the (Gov't Alphabet Agency) was there to warn me I'd be ok now! I want 500 Million dollars."
You did an Obama with your saw? Sorry about that.

You did an Obama with your saw? Sorry about that.

oh darn that cracked me up. lol
bravo

Forum List

Back