Federal Jury convicts "annoyed bully" cop for beating man.

SavannahMann

Platinum Member
Nov 16, 2016
Today's token toss to the masses to maintain the illusion of police accountability is from Pittsburgh. Here is the story.

Security called the police to eject an 18 year old student who was attending the High School Football Championship. The student was apparently drunk. So far no biggie. Underage drinking. Not exactly uncommon and hard to imagine how it could rise to the attention of Federal Authorities.

Cop arrives and teenager is belligerent. Wow. A belligerent drunk. What were the odds?

Cop throws a beating on the teen and arrests him. Ok. Why did you throw a beating on the teenager?

Stadium management looks at surveillance video and is horrified. Not only was the teenager beaten, but never made so much as a closed fist gesture towards the cop. They send the video to the Chief of police.

The Chief orders an immediate investigation. I could say that the Chief was a valiant defender of the rights, but it was probably that he knew the video would get out that motivated him.

The US Attorney prosecuted the now fired thug who until recently wore a badge. This is rather rare. Usually the Feds argue that they don't have grounds to prosecute the police for even more violent actions.

The Jury convicted the cop on one charge, beating the snot out of the teenager. The jury acquitted the cop for the crime of lying on the forms he filled out. Especially the part where the cop attested that the teenager closed his hand to form a fist and was going to attack the cop.

The defense argued that the cop did it right since cops just know from subtle clues not visible on tape that the suspect is going to attack. The jury rejected this in about two hours of deliberation. I bet most of that time was spent playing rock, paper, scissors to figure out who the foreman was.

Fired Pittsburgh police sergeant convicted in civil rights trial over violent Heinz Field arrest

It was the US Attorney who said the cop was an annoyed bully. I could hope his eyes are opened and he would be focusing on the cops more, but I fear that would be wishful thinking.

Unfortunately the only thing thst wjll be taken from thus convuction will be the udea that these bums can puff up to a cop and get away with it after they endure their deseved beating.

Today's token toss to the masses to maintain the illusion of police accountability is from Pittsburgh. Here is the story.

Security called the police to eject an 18 year old student who was attending the High School Football Championship. The student was apparently drunk. So far no biggie. Underage drinking. Not exactly uncommon and hard to imagine how it could rise to the attention of Federal Authorities.

Cop arrives and teenager is belligerent. Wow. A belligerent drunk. What were the odds?

Cop throws a beating on the teen and arrests him. Ok. Why did you throw a beating on the teenager?

Stadium management looks at surveillance video and is horrified. Not only was the teenager beaten, but never made so much as a closed fist gesture towards the cop. They send the video to the Chief of police.

The Chief orders an immediate investigation. I could say that the Chief was a valiant defender of the rights, but it was probably that he knew the video would get out that motivated him.

The US Attorney prosecuted the now fired thug who until recently wore a badge. This is rather rare. Usually the Feds argue that they don't have grounds to prosecute the police for even more violent actions.

The Jury convicted the cop on one charge, beating the snot out of the teenager. The jury acquitted the cop for the crime of lying on the forms he filled out. Especially the part where the cop attested that the teenager closed his hand to form a fist and was going to attack the cop.

The defense argued that the cop did it right since cops just know from subtle clues not visible on tape that the suspect is going to attack. The jury rejected this in about two hours of deliberation. I bet most of that time was spent playing rock, paper, scissors to figure out who the foreman was.

Fired Pittsburgh police sergeant convicted in civil rights trial over violent Heinz Field arrest

It was the US Attorney who said the cop was an annoyed bully. I could hope his eyes are opened and he would be focusing on the cops more, but I fear that would be wishful thinking.

so should he not have been convicted? you seem annoyed.

so is anathema

More like happy and sad. Happy that one bully cop is finally convicted. Sad that it is so rare and as I said ruled out in even more egregious acts of brutality.

Unfortunately the only thing thst wjll be taken from thus convuction will be the udea that these bums can puff up to a cop and get away with it after they endure their deseved beating.

Yes I know. You are one of those who think the cops can do no wrong.

So now it's a good thing that this cop was convicted? You are going to wear out those pants straddling that fence man.

Im not stradling anything, and NO, he shoild not have been convicted.

I am of the belief that LEOs can do no wrong in the pursuit of JUSTICE (defined as: ensuring every criminal is punished for their crimes). Only when they ignore crimes and criminals can they be in the wrong.

So now it's a good thing that this cop was convicted? You are going to wear out those pants straddling that fence man.

I am of the belief that LEOs can do no wrong in the pursuit of JUSTICE (defined as: ensuring every criminal is punished for their crimes). Only when they ignore crimes and criminals can they be in the wrong.

Darn those laws that see criminals like this cop convicted.

But I'm happy to see you frustrated. Even if it is for the token corrupt cop of the week.

But I'm happy to see you frustrated. Even if it is for the token corrupt cop of the week.

All things like this will do is force those of us who believe in Justice and Law and Order to start taking things into our own hands rather than calling the police.

All things like this will do is force those of us who believe in Justice and Law and Order to start taking things into our own hands rather than calling the police.

I believe we are finally getting to the root of your feelings. It has taken a while. You believe that the physical beating is part of the punishment process. You think that the extrajudicial beatings are vital to this process. And you think that without these extrajudicial beatings and killings that people who think like you do will resort to vigilante justice.

I'll grant you this. You might want to. But I just don't see it catching on. After Bronson made the Death Wish movies the panicky people worried that this glorification of vigilante justice would encourage more of it. It never happened. Those who think as you do might fantasize about it, but they don't actually do it.

So go on and go back to watching your Gold Box edition of the Death Wish series.

so is anathema
Naah, he's just psychotic.

When the cop says to drop and start sucking, which knee hits the ground first?

I believe we are finally getting to the root of your feelings. It has taken a while. You believe that the physical beating is part of the punishment process. You think that the extrajudicial beatings are vital to this process. And you think that without these extrajudicial beatings and killings that people who think like you do will resort to vigilante justice.

I'll grant you this. You might want to. But I just don't see it catching on. After Bronson made the Death Wish movies the panicky people worried that this glorification of vigilante justice would encourage more of it. It never happened. Those who think as you do might fantasize about it, but they don't actually do it.

So go on and go back to watching your Gold Box edition of the Death Wish series.

I have long understood that Pain and Fear are the only truly useful forces in changing human behavior. With that in mind, real Justice must include one, or preferably both of those components. Without either, you have nothing more than Legal consequences. If the Government can't or won't do that, it is Society's place to do so.

I have long understood that Pain and Fear are the only truly useful forces in changing human behavior. With that in mind, real Justice must include one, or preferably both of those components. Without either, you have nothing more than Legal consequences. If the Government can't or won't do that, it is Society's place to do so.

Ride on there Charles Bronson. Rage at the jury when they convict you.

Forum List

Back