Feds Can't Enforce Net Neutrality

No, what you don't understand is that I, literally, do not care if one group tries to slow down a site I like. The only thing I am worried about is the government trying to fix the problem, because I can figure out how to get around any restrictions any company tries to implement, the only thing I can't get around is the government breaking the internet in the name of trying to fix it.

It is because I actually understand the issues, the same one you keep telling me I don't get. The problem is not net neutrality, it is lack of competition. Regulating the internet is not going to magically increase the numbers of ISPs.

Instead fo telling me I don't know what the issues are I suggest you actually learn what the issues are. Treat the problem, not the symptom.'

Losing Net Neutrality Is The Symptom, Not The Problem: Now Is The Time To Focus On Real Competition | Techdirt

Wait do you think that killing net neutrality will somehow increase ISP competition???

yes he does. thats how insane this is

It's funny to watch him try and pretend that he understands this topic when it's clear that he certainly doesn't.

But then again he gave me the nugget in my sig so I knew already that he's accustomed to talking directly out of his ass.

Has nothing to do with agenda when it comes to hops and ISP peering.. it could have to do with 2 companies feuding...

Quite frankly, it is the ISP's traffic gateway.. if they wish to not peer with another connection or to not add bandwidth, so be it... if they do so, it will lose them business, but it is their freedom and choice...

Free market.. better than the totalitarian style of control you keep calling for

you keep thinking this when your net is slowed down to crawl.
Lose of business are you kidding me? when every ISP is doing it you will have no choice if you want to get on the internet.

I knew you guys would defend this because the dirty "regulation" word is being used. You people are as just as dangerous as these ISP providers.

And THIS shows your cluelessness to the ISP business

Every ISP is not going to do it.. money and customers are the motivation

and BTW, this IS my business

Good grief, it's amazing how some panic when government doesn't have control over something. What to do? Libs are in a panic. How horrible would it be if they couldn't copy and paste the daily talking points as quickly? I think we'll survive.

Ask yourself, "Can I trust my cable provider to be fair?" they were suing for the right to be as unfair as they want and to squeeze more money from us and by god you guys took their side over the American consumer, how screwed up is that?

FAIR.. LMAO.. that word is thrown around by you progs like crazy... your subjective FAIRNESS...

Give us a break

Has nothing to do with agenda when it comes to hops and ISP peering.. it could have to do with 2 companies feuding...

Quite frankly, it is the ISP's traffic gateway.. if they wish to not peer with another connection or to not add bandwidth, so be it... if they do so, it will lose them business, but it is their freedom and choice...

Free market.. better than the totalitarian style of control you keep calling for

Lose of business are you kidding me? when every ISP is doing it you will have no choice if you want to get on the internet.

I knew you guys would defend this because the dirty "regulation" word is being used. You people are as just as dangerous as these ISP providers.

And you OPPOSE net neutrality??

If so, for what reason?

WE need more government!

Government should tell us what speed our ISP should be

so you are against a free flowing internet...Got it.

It is not the government's internet, nor is it the possession of the public as a whole.. the transmission lines, gateways, peering points, etc are the possession of the companies...

So you're all about freedom....for big business. What a good corporate drone you are.

If so, for what reason?

It is a private business... it is not a government owned entity, nor should it be... within private business you choose your way of business... if the ISP's decide to charge another ISP and/or their customers a fee (as stupid as it may be) for peering and slow down (or eliminate connections and peering) connectivity to those who do not follow what they want, so be it...

The internet is not some right afforded to you.. nor do y ou have a right to traverse a privately owned network the way YOU see fit

so you are against a free flowing internet...Got it.

It is not the government's internet, nor is it the possession of the public as a whole.. the transmission lines, gateways, peering points, etc are the possession of the companies...

So you're all about freedom....for big business. What a good corporate drone you are.

The business has the freedom to run their network the way they please.. just as you have the freedom to choose who you do business with

Wow, look at that, I presented two different alternatives that actually address the problem, and you insist that the only possible solution is the one you like.

Color me not surprised.
i like the internet the way its set up now.

That means you like it without the net neutrality regulations you claim it needs, yet you still want the government to fix it.

On top of that, you think I am stupid because I am pointing this out to you.

Oh ok, its clear you have no idea what this is about. Net Neutrality is keeping the internet as it is now. The change we are talking about is if the corporations defeat net neutrality.

To put it simply....You like the Internet now? Thats because of Net Neutrality. You want it to change? Then you are anti-Net Neutrality.

I think you are thinking that since Obama wants it, it must be bad. Without any information you are arguing against what you currently liike.

If so, for what reason?

It is a private business... it is not a government owned entity, nor should it be... within private business you choose your way of business... if the ISP's decide to charge another ISP and/or their customers a fee (as stupid as it may be) for peering and slow down (or eliminate connections and peering) connectivity to those who do not follow what they want, so be it...

The internet is not some right afforded to you.. nor do y ou have a right to traverse a privately owned network the way YOU see fit

And you claim to know the topic. LOL.

How is Net Neutrality, "govement owning" anything? It's simply a law that says everyone gets an equal playing field. The government, private business, individual consumers. All equal.

You are a hack in every definition of the word.

The business has the freedom to run their network the way they please.. just as you have the freedom to choose who you do business with

Not when there is a monopoly I don't.

You can't use your cookie cutter responses on this one. Try and read up on the issue.

Let's put it this way. In what way will consumers benefit from removing Net Neutrality?

Last edited:

That means you like it without the net neutrality regulations you claim it needs, yet you still want the government to fix it.

Oh ok, its clear you have no idea what this is about. Net Neutrality is keeping the internet as it is now. The change we are talking about is if the corporations defeat net neutrality.

To put it simply....You like the Internet now? Thats because of Net Neutrality. You want it to change? Then you are anti-Net Neutrality.

I think you are thinking that since Obama wants it, it must be bad. Without any information you are arguing against what you currently liike.

Of course thats what this is. These idiots have no clue what this topic is about. Even the ones that pretend to "work in the industry". Dave works a help desk and now he thinks he's an expert, but his corporate colors come shining through.

As I said earlier, NO ONE can be in favor of removing Net Neutrality for any other reason than they feel that the major ISPs should be able to make as much money as possible, even at the expense at the higher costs for consumers and small business. It's a win ONLY for select big business, and no one else.

Wow, look at that, I presented two different alternatives that actually address the problem, and you insist that the only possible solution is the one you like.

Color me not surprised.

Why are you lying?

Just go ahead and say it, they'er racists. :eusa_whistle:

Why? that would be just stupid. Go back to the colors are fun forum. This is beyond you.

and if comcast can direct where we go because certain sites run faster than others they will.
This is one of these issues where people just need to leave things alone as is.

Not when there is a monopoly I don't.

You can't use your cookie cutter responses on this one. Try and read up on the issue.

Let's put it this way. In what way will consumers benefit from removing Net Neutrality?

None and that is why I dont understand why they are arguing against themselves

Do you have any idea what it takes to create a new ISP?

There won't be any up starts breaking in to the market. This is the problem.

Do you have any idea why it works that way.

Hint, think government.

In aware that government created this mess by creating the monopolies we have today. Killing net neutrality is not going to make the situation better,

You need to get your head wrapped around a simple fact, net neutralist cannot be killed because )a it doesn't actually exist and b) the internet is designed to self correct whenever there is a problem that causes traffic to slowdown. The latter is why the tech savvy people went crazy when Congress tried to pass SOPA, and everyone was saying that they wanted to break the internet.

That said, if I want to pay more to ensure I can watch a movie, what fucking gives you the right to say I can't do that?

Wait do you think that killing net neutrality will somehow increase ISP competition???

Did you even read the article I linked?

Never mind, the answer is obvious.

I read it but I actually doubt you read it because I have a real hard time believing a corporate shill such as yourself would ever support a government supported option.

Do I support government regulations that limit the power of government to fuck up my life? In an ideal world, we wouldn't need them, but as long as there are people like you around, they are mandatory.

Forum List

Back