Feds To FINE Schools Who Don't Follow Michelle's Lunch Rules...

Our girl's school has great lunches, looking at today's menu they are having skinless chicken breast, scalloped potatoes, baby carrots, yogurt and choice of milk or juice. Meanwhile the children in public schools will be eating Mooch's slop....or throwing it in the garbage

I read someplace that 70% of the vegetables bought in this country end up in the trash....good intentions, no follow-through. All veggies need to be fun to eat are a little butter and salt.

Our kids love them with the exception of one of the twins, she refuses to eat anything green...I gave up forcing the issue long ago. It's a mental thing with her

"Our kids love them with the exception of one of the twins, she refuses to eat anything green"

You need to remind her she's Irish and thus must eat everything that's green.

Aye lass! Where I grew up, a "typical" sack lunch could be everything from PB&J and chips a and a drink (of course, with a Twinkie) to a fried egg sandwich with two vegetables - and everything in between.

Hell, I recall one time taking a steak sandwich, carrots and Brussels sprouts. The kids thought me insane. Problem was, I always LOVED Brussels sprouts. Go figure....

did you say the same thing when barbara bush pushed literacy? was she a sorry sack of shit for that?
Hmmm...promoting education, vs controlling and restricting food to children.

YEAH! It's EXACTLY the same thing!!!!
yeah. promoting healthy eating. crazy. how dare she be so uppity

"promoting healthy eating."

How is "healthy eating" feeding children slop and lunches that aren't substantial and cannot contain the full nutrients that growing children need?
That's not what the program does.
That is EXACTLY what the program does.

They said it themselves a few minutes ago:

"yeah. promoting healthy eating. crazy. how dare she be so uppity"

This is what happens when the feds force schools into programs that starve children. They take the money for the food, they provide substandard food, and they limit access to other food. This is communism.

"The School Nutrition Association just this week said so many kids are protesting their school cafeteria that schools are having to eat $1.2 billion in costs because their sales revenues are down. "School districts are being forced to financially subsidize meals at the expense of educational programs," the association said in a letter to Congress asking for financial support."

GAO: 1.4M kids reject Michelle Obama's lunches, starves schools of $1.2B in lost revenue

How is "healthy eating" feeding children slop and lunches that aren't substantial and cannot contain the full nutrients that growing children need?

Young lady - "healthy eating" (at least to me) is Yeagerschnitzel mit pomme fritz.....

Honest to God, life doesn't get any better than that...

Our girl's school has great lunches, looking at today's menu they are having skinless chicken breast, scalloped potatoes, baby carrots, yogurt and choice of milk or juice. Meanwhile the children in public schools will be eating Mooch's slop....or throwing it in the garbage

I read someplace that 70% of the vegetables bought in this country end up in the trash....good intentions, no follow-through. All veggies need to be fun to eat are a little butter and salt.

Our kids love them with the exception of one of the twins, she refuses to eat anything green...I gave up forcing the issue long ago. It's a mental thing with her

"Our kids love them with the exception of one of the twins, she refuses to eat anything green"

Aye lass! Where I grew up, a "typical" sack lunch could be everything from PB&J and chips a and a drink (of course, with a Twinkie) to a fried egg sandwich with two vegetables - and everything in between.

Hell, I recall one time taking a steak sandwich, carrots and Brussels sprouts. The kids thought me insane. Problem was, I always LOVED Brussels sprouts. Go figure....

What on earth is PB&J?

"Problem was, I always LOVED Brussels sprouts. Go figure...."

There are even some things I can't figure....that being one of them :smoke:

i can't get over the idiocy of some of you people.

what problem do you have with the enforcement of a duly passed law?
That Sorry sack of shit Michelle Obama should have no say on lunches you fuck nut... Lol
did you say the same thing when barbara bush pushed literacy? was she a sorry sack of shit for that?

Wait...the government is providing these meals, yes or no?

You don't think the entity providing them should have a say over the content?

One promotes reading, one promotes healthy eating habits. Both have value.

You fat mouth- breathers cant take care of yourselves, much less your spawn so you forced the hand of Big Govt you fool

Someone has to fight all the wars Republicans start

Why obesity is a national security threat - CNN.com

Retired Generals Fear That Kids Are Too Fat for War

gawd but OP is an idiot :banghead:
There seems to be a problem,with her lunch ideas,the kids hate the food,and don't eat like they should. Both of our daughters are involved with school kids, one is a teacher in NC, the other runs a before and after school program,the food sucks, the kids hate it,and don't eat it.
post the school menu
Why
because I'm not going to take your word for it hack boi. Thats why

Michelle can promote anything she wants, but she does not legally have the power to FORCE schools to do anything.

And is 'Do THIS or we will monetarily punish you' really what liberals are calling 'promoting' something something now?

I guess so - that's how they 'promoted' the use of Obamacare.

My kids last year wouldn't eat the school lunches...they had a lot of bologna and cheese, and also chicken sandwiches. They also sometimes had PANCAKES rolled around whatever, or homemade biscuits and bread...nobody starved, nobody got rickets.

What on earth is PB&J?

Sorry. PB&J is a staple in an American kids life: peanut butter and jelly.

And yes, I LOVE Brussels sprouts

What on earth is PB&J?

PB&J = peanut butter and jelly sandwich

My kids last year wouldn't eat the school lunches...they had a lot of bologna and cheese, and also chicken sandwiches. They also sometimes had PANCAKES rolled around whatever, or homemade biscuits and bread...nobody starved, nobody got rickets.

What!? No Tofu? You should be ashamed! :)

That Sorry sack of shit Michelle Obama should have no say on lunches you fuck nut... Lol

The government is TAKING my money, buying their mandated lunch, trying to force schools to force my kids to eat it, then are threatening to take MORE of my money if the schools don't comply with Michelle's mandate.

Since it is MY money being used to purchase and provide these meals, I should have a bigger say in what my kids eat / are fed than Michelle Obama.

Young lady - "healthy eating" (at least to me) is Yeagerschnitzel mit pomme fritz.....

Now you're talking! Jägerschnitzel and yes healthy eating....fuck Michelle Obama's starvation lunches, give those children Jägerschnitzel :smile:

What!? No Tofu? You should be ashamed! :)

I can't stand Tofu.

The government is TAKING my money, buying their mandated luch, trying to force schools to force my kids to eat it, then are threatening to take MORE of my money if the schools don't comply with Michelle's mandate.

Since it is MY money being used to purchase and provide these meals, I should have a bigger say in what my kids eat / are fed than Michelle Obama has.

Nope sorry, bud. The "government" and ONLY the government knows what's best for your children. Comrade, you best get in line before you are reported to the local Kommisar.

So what does the program do? Earlier you said it's "promoting healthy eating", now you're saying "that's not what the program does"
the program does not feed children 'slop and lunches that aren't substantial and cannot contain the full nutrients that growing children need'

The government is TAKING my money, buying their mandated lunch, trying to force schools to force my kids to eat it, then are threatening to take MORE of my money if the schools don't comply with Michelle's mandate.

Since it is MY money being used to purchase and provide these meals, I should have a bigger say in what my kids eat / are fed than Michelle Obama.
Not only that but the entire mission statement is fucked...they claim we need to better serve poor kids, who aren't fed at home...and yet they claim that the way to do that is to feed them FEWER calories???

In what alternate universe does fewer calories reduce hunger?

Now you're talking! Jägerschnitzel and yes healthy eating....fuck Michelle Obama's starvation lunches, give those children Jägerschnitzel :smile:

My God, my mouth is watering! Of all the things I missed about both West and East Germany - it's the food! My God you folks know how to eat!!

Michelle can promote anything she wants, but she does not legally have the power to FORCE schools to do anything.

And is 'Do THIS or we will monetarily punish you' really what liberals are calling 'promoting' something something now?

I guess so - that's how they 'promoted' the use of Obamacare.
do you not understand that this is part of a duly passed law?

Forum List

Back