FEMA Deceives Nation About Twin Towers Core

American Experience | The Center of the World - New York: A Documentary Film

A tube of a tower

That 75 percent was also made possible by another innovation. Previous high-rises had relied for their structural integrity on a forest of supporting columns on each floor. Typically, architects spaced these 30 feet apart throughout the interior. The exterior walls of such buildings were merely curtain walls, which let light in and kept weather out but provided little support.

Such was not the case in the World Trade Center. Consulting engineers Leslie Robertson and John Skilling invented an entirely new method of construction. The forest of interior columns vanished; such columns only appeared in and around the central core of elevator shafts, stairwells, and bathrooms. Then it was nothing but open space—60 feet of it on two sides, 35 on the other two sides—before one reached the outside walls. These were not curtain walls but cages of steel columns spaced just over a yard apart, with 22 inches of glass in between. (Minoru Yamasaki, the building's architect, designed it this way in part because he was insecure with heights and felt more comfortable with such narrow windows.)

The shafts of steel in the exterior walls shouldered not only gravity loads pressing down from above but also lateral loads caused by gusty winds nudging the building from the side. Such tube-style architecture relied on high-strength steel, which was only then becoming available. It resulted in up to an acre of rentable space on each floor, and it became the pioneering style of frame for a whole new generation of buildings.

Found here: NOVA | Building on Ground Zero | Towers of Innovation | PBS

Last edited:
Hey Dive:

The following quote is from Wiki, citing NIST. Take it with a grain of salt since it IS wiki, afterall, but I believe that the INNER core (a square within a square) was steel AND concrete. Then there was a great deal of free-space (i.e., the desired rental space) between that inner square and the outer wall, and the outer wall WAS STEEL. The OUTER STEEL WALL WAS load bearing. It SEEMS as though the concrete and steel inner core ran all the way to the top of the Towers.

The core of the towers housed the elevator and utility shafts, restrooms, three stairwells, and other support spaces. The core –a combined steel and concrete structure–[28][29] of each tower was a rectangular area 87 by 135 feet (27 by 41 m) and contained 47 steel columns running from the bedrock to the top of the tower. The large, column-free space between the perimeter and core was bridged by prefabricated floor trusses. The floors supported their own weight as well as live loads, providing lateral stability to the exterior walls and distributing wind loads among the exterior walls.[30] The floors consisted of 4 inch (10 cm) thick lightweight concrete slabs laid on a fluted steel deck. A grid of lightweight bridging trusses and main trusses supported the floors. The trusses connected to the perimeter at alternate columns and were on 6 foot 8 inch (2.03 m) centers. The top chords of the trusses were bolted to seats welded to the spandrels on the exterior side and a channel welded to the core columns on the interior side. The floors were connected to the perimeter spandrel plates with viscoelastic dampers which helped reduce the amount of sway felt by building occupants. The trusses supported a 4-inch (100 mm) thick lightweight concrete floor slab with shear connections for composite action.[31]
Source = Wiki: World Trade Center - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

An image of the the square within the square (permitting all that office space to be freed up on each floor, is shown HERE:
inno-wallcore.gif

Hey Dive:

The following quote is from Wiki, citing NIST. Take it with a grain of salt since it IS wiki, afterall, but I believe that the INNER core (a square within a square) was steel AND concrete. Then there was a great deal of free-space (i.e., the desired rental space) between that inner square and the outer wall, and the outer wall WAS STEEL. The OUTER STEEL WALL WAS load bearing. It SEEMS as though the concrete and steel inner core ran all the way to the top of the Towers.

The core of the towers housed the elevator and utility shafts, restrooms, three stairwells, and other support spaces. The core –a combined steel and concrete structure–[28][29] of each tower was a rectangular area 87 by 135 feet (27 by 41 m) and contained 47 steel columns running from the bedrock to the top of the tower. The large, column-free space between the perimeter and core was bridged by prefabricated floor trusses. The floors supported their own weight as well as live loads, providing lateral stability to the exterior walls and distributing wind loads among the exterior walls.[30] The floors consisted of 4 inch (10 cm) thick lightweight concrete slabs laid on a fluted steel deck. A grid of lightweight bridging trusses and main trusses supported the floors. The trusses connected to the perimeter at alternate columns and were on 6 foot 8 inch (2.03 m) centers. The top chords of the trusses were bolted to seats welded to the spandrels on the exterior side and a channel welded to the core columns on the interior side. The floors were connected to the perimeter spandrel plates with viscoelastic dampers which helped reduce the amount of sway felt by building occupants. The trusses supported a 4-inch (100 mm) thick lightweight concrete floor slab with shear connections for composite action.[31]

An image of the the square within the square (permitting all that office space to be freed up on each floor, is shown HERE:
inno-wallcore.gif
and i bet if you look at the history of that part, christophera was the one that edited it to add the concrete

Hey Dive:

inno-wallcore.gif
and i bet if you look at the history of that part, christophera was the one that edited it to add the concrete

LOL.

Maybe. I am not able to either refute or confirm the manner of construction in anything I have seen so far.

Can you tell me how you came to the conclusion (or came to the actual knowledge) that the inner core was not constructed by using both steel AND concrete?

Hey Dive:

inno-wallcore.gif

LOL.

Maybe. I am not able to either refute or confirm the manner of construction in anything I have seen so far.

Can you tell me how you came to the conclusion (or came to the actual knowledge) that the inner core was not constructed by using both steel AND concrete?
i have in my possession, a dvd of the raw footage from a GE special of the construction of the tower, and one would think that if they poured concrete in the cores, you would see either rebar cages, concrete forms, or actual concrete in them at SOME point
and there are zero photos from construction showing ANY concrete in the core above grade, and the designer of the buildings also has said there was no concrete in the cores above grade
i think that is more than enough to convince me that there was ZERO concrete in the cores of either building

LOL.

i have in my possession, a dvd of the raw footage from a GE special of the construction of the tower, and one would think that if they poured concrete in the cores, you would see either rebar cages, concrete forms, or actual concrete in them at SOME point
and there are zero photos from construction showing ANY concrete in the core above grade, and the designer of the buildings also has said there was no concrete in the cores above grade
i think that is more than enough to convince me that there was ZERO concrete in the cores of either building

and the designer of the buildings also has said there was no concrete in the cores above grade

That's pretty good standing all alone.

LOL.

and the designer of the buildings also has said there was no concrete in the cores above grade

That's pretty good standing all alone.
and you can email him and ask
he has been made aware of Christopher A Browns nutty accusations and i can only assume he isnt in the least worried about any legal actions by him

i emailed LERA too. i believe the email address was Robertson's wife (i forget her name but its an odd name). Robertson himself replied from his email address and stated there was no concrete in the construction of the core.

also, there is not one picture of any concrete in the core area. there are literally hundreds of a steel core. almost all references to the core say it was steel. chris has found the few reports of concrete that were obviously not well researched, such as the newsweek article from 2 days after the attack.

i emailed LERA too. i believe the email address was Robertson's wife (i forget her name but its an odd name). Robertson himself replied from his email address and stated there was no concrete in the construction of the core.

also, there is not one picture of any concrete in the core area. there are literally hundreds of a steel core. almost all references to the core say it was steel. chris has found the few reports of concrete that were obviously not well researched, such as the newsweek article from 2 days after the attack.

Deceptively you try and state with text that Robertson changed his descripton of the core from "concrete" on September 13.

Indepedent authority states that the core was concrete.

Certified in 12 states as a structural engineer, August Domel, Ph.d SE. PE. see chapter 2.1

Oxford encyclopedia of Technology and Innovation, published in 1992.

The perpetrators of mass murders and infiltrators of the US government would want you to attempt what you are doing.

no rebar cages = no concrete core.....

That seems pretty reasonable.

Can we somehow verify that there were no rebar cages for the core?
cant see any in ANY photo of the construction, nor in any video
now to christophera that means the infamous "they" destroyed every possible copy ever made

oh, and Christophera claims its not just any rebar, but 3" thick rebar
made of "DOD grade steel"(whatever the fuck that is supposed to be)

Last edited:
no rebar cages = no concrete core.....

That seems pretty reasonable.

Can we somehow verify that there were no rebar cages for the core?
cant see any in ANY photo of the construction, nor in any video
now to christophera that means the infamous "they" destroyed every possible copy ever made

oh, and Christophera claims its not just any rebar, but 3" thick rebar
made of "DOD grade steel"(whatever the fuck that is supposed to be)

Fascinating how a negligent father's "mind" works.

In my searches, I have found no REFERENCES to the use of re-bar in the construction of the core.

As I understand it, the construction (being a joint NY/NJ Port Authority creation) was not obliged to adhere to NY City construction laws/rules. But surely there have to be SOME plans filed somewhere?

Aren't they available?

Hey Dive:

inno-wallcore.gif

LOL.

Don't let divedick fool ya....christophera started a thread here bragging about the wiki entry.....but divedick wants it to look like he knows how to research. And yes, you are still a Snitch Bitch and a fucking hypocrite.

LOL.

Don't let divedick fool ya....christophera started a thread here bragging about the wiki entry.....but divedick wants it to look like he knows how to research. And yes, you are still a Snitch Bitch and a fucking hypocrite.
more proof you are a fucking moron

I just told you the document they were discussed in. Given your apparent lack of understanding of the English language shown in other threads, I doubt you could find the references.

LERA and it's blueprints are discussed in NCSTAR1.PDF. Go look it up.

You are claiming the blueprints were used yet you cannot provide any evidence what blueprints were used. No worries. I'm used to ***** like you not being able to back up what you say.

Here you lazy fuck. Here is the link to the document you've been told about numerous times. Open it up and search for LERA, drawings, etc. They are mentioned all over the place.

http://wtc.nist.gov/NCSTAR1/PDF/NCSTAR 1.pdf

Yeah, you want the truth. Can't get up off your ass to find it though.

You are the one who claimed to know what blueprints they used yet you cannot cite from that document what blueprints were used and KNOWING YOU CANNOT SUPPORT YOUR CLAIMS you try to hide that by calling me lazy. You are a pathetic cocksucking weasel.

LOL.

more proof you are a fucking moron

You shouldn't be posting because you don't even know how to use your own cell phone you dumb crybaby.

Well, it didn't take long to figure out the government presented conclusions based on a lack of verifiable evidence yet there is no shortage of cowards defending the government at all costs. You pussies truly hate the very principles America was born on.

Well, it didn't take long to figure out the government presented conclusions based on a lack of verifiable evidence yet there is no shortage of cowards defending the government at all costs. You pussies truly hate the very principles America was born on.
no one is "defending the government" you dipshit
they are just defending the actual, verifiable, truth
and unlike you moronic fucking dipshit troofers, the truth speaks louder than your delusions

Forum List

Back