Femto camera experiment says space is the medium for light

More on lightning:
“What makes a lightning strike from ground up? Jock McTavish retired avionics tech, lifelong experimenter

Let’s clear up the words up and down, and the direction of electricity. Electricity is the flow of electrons. Electrons have a negative charge. They move towards a positive charge, which can be relative or just less negative. But lightning is the second phase of discharge. Its direction is clear, from cloud to ground, as the electrons seek the earth. But there is a first phase of lightning, before the major discharge, only discovered in the last century with modern high speed cameras. Lightning strikes in quite a few directions. And it is a bit complicated. It gathers charge and it depends upon random field ionizing to pick a path of discharge. It mostly balances charge internal to the cloud. It can strike the ground, and it strikes into the troposphere. Lightning stems from accumulating charges that reach millions of volts as the violent wind in storm clouds literally rubs electrons free from colliding water drops. So regions of the cloud, according to the directions of these wind currents, become charged. In general the lower regions of the storm cloud take up a negative charge, and the top of the cloud correspondingly becomes positive. But the ground situation is different. As the electrons accumulate in the lower cloud regions below the updraft areas, the cloud and ground below become a very large capacitor. The negative millions of volts above drives away electrons in the conducting ground below, creating a positive charge. People report feeling the hair rising on their necks due to the rising electric field when they are beneath such a cloud. And sometimes lightning rises from the ground. For air is an insulator and only carries electricity when it becomes ionized or glowing. It takes 10–15,000 volts per cm before this glowing sparking begins with air. Like the small sparks and shocks from removing a wool sweater. But a cloud even charged with millions of volts, can’t ionize the air sufficiently to discharge over the great distances involved. Fields of only half the potential to ionize are found typical of storm clouds. This has long been a riddle. That actual storm field measurements aren’t sufficient for ionization of the air into lightning, yet lightning is surely there. Current research and high speed cameras have helped us further understand lightning. Two wondrous things happen to make possible a lightning strike. “Leaders” and Cosmic Rays. Extremely high speed cameras and geiger tubes have found a relationship between lightning formation and cosmic rays. As cosmic rays constantly shower our earth, they create small paths of ionized air particles, which in the regions of a storm cloud’s extremely high voltage electric fields, triggers the formation of plasma, or ionized atmospheric gas, somewhat like the insides of a glowing neon sign, and triggers the strong electric fields into ionization. Once started, these small ribbons of zig zag ionized and conducting glowing air, begin to reach towards their opposite charge. They are called “leaders”. With extremely fast cameras, we can now photograph these leaders reaching erratically from the cloud towards the ground, and much more weakly, reaching from the ground towards the cloud. And when a leader hits ground, or a pair of leaders touch each other, a path of conduction, sky to earth is made and the capacitor that is the cloud discharges with a lightning bolt of millions of amperes. So does the lightning strike down, or up? Well both actually. This describes the common storm cloud, but positively charged storm clouds have been documented. And lightning is observed discharging upwards from the charged regions of the cloud in the troposphere. These discharges into space are a new subject of study, and are called sprites.”
5f372a5de89ebf001f044fb0

Note how it gets so much more interesting once he stops yammering on about "electrons"..

The Aether naturally supports and discharges electric field differentials as it sees fit. So-called "electron particles" actually play no role.

Last edited:
The Aether naturally supports and discharges electric field differentials as it sees fit. So-called "electron particles" actually play no role.
capacitors are a type of resistor? where two metal plates do what exactly to cause resistance? I've never been clear on it perhaps I'll watch a youtube video. I know they arc when the voltage is too high and don't work.

In electrical jargon, capacitors and inductors exhibit different forms of "reactance" or "resistance" to change in AC circuits. Capacitors, inductors, and resistors all contribute to "impedance."

I have an exciting new experiment to test for space being the medium for light waves. It is similar to the famous Michelson and Morley experiment.

A friend of mine uses a femto camera where he works. Video and experiment kind of reminds me of the old 19th century "luminiferous ether."

Isn't it kind of obvious that space must be the medium for light since no light can exist nor propagate (its essential quality) without space?

Isn't it kind of obvious that space must be the medium for light since no light can exist nor propagate (its essential quality) without space?
Not to Maxwell, Tesla, nor even Einstein for most of his life.
"If something is transmitted from one particle to another at distance, what is the condition of it after it has left one particle and before it reaches another? If this something is the potential energy of the two particles, as in Neumann’s theory, how are we to conceive of this energy existing in a point of space, coinciding with neither one particle nor the other? In fact, whenever energy is transmitted from one body to another in time, there must be a medium or substance in which the energy exists after it leaves one body before it reaches the other, for energy, as Torricelli remarked, is a ‘quintessence of so subtle a nature that it cannot be contained in ANY vessel except in the inmost substance of a thing (counterspace/ dielectricity, the Ether)’...” – J.C. Maxwell Treatise on Electricity and Magnetism vol. II

Do you have any actual formal university education in electrical theory or physics? Would you share it with us?
Yo tube! Did ou tell your friend with the femto camera about using it to film old light experiments like the Michelson Morley?

Do you have any actual formal university education in electrical theory or physics? Would you share it with us?
Yes, I do, as you already know full well, else you've developed Alzheimers/dementia. Now you can stop kidding yourself ("us") and respond to the question asked like an adult.

And.. {crickets}.. same as ever

Oh well. Guess I was wrong. Toobie just can't do it anymore. Too old for the 'splainin'!

memes-getting-old-care-dont-worry-pal.jpg

So you have no actual, former education in the physical sciences.
Speaking of "DUMB STUFF" -- you type "former" instead of formal right on cue.. like some drunken clown with no education.

Whenever you're prepared to get serious, Junior.. :sigh2:

18332.jpg

Last edited:
Speaking of "DUMB STUFF" -- you type "former" instead of formal right on cue..

Right. So now you use a common spellchecker mistake to deflect from simply naming your FORMAL education? Must really be ashamed and embarrassed by it.

Right. So now you use a common spellchecker mistake to deflect from simply naming your FORMAL education? Must really be ashamed and embarrassed by it.
Right. So now you're blaming your spellchecker for your wrong word error. That's okay. I don't care that you're too embarrassed to debate physics with me. Nor that you've completely wasted your extended opportunity here to clarify just one of your earlier remarks. Go home. I've gotta lock up.
Bubbye :hhello:

In electrical jargon, capacitors and inductors exhibit different forms of "reactance" or "resistance" to change in AC circuits. Capacitors, inductors, and resistors all contribute to "impedance."
Nuts what's your take on the redshift of the galaxy's? Perhaps you know something about it that I don't?

Forum List

Back