Ferguson Prosecutor Robert McCulloch Gives Bizarre Press Conference

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
St. Louis County Prosecuting Attorney Robert McCulloch announced on Monday night that Ferguson Police Officer Darren Wilson would not be indicted for the death of 18-year-old Michael Brown in a press conference that many found baffling, unwieldy and inflammatory.

McCulloch said the grand jury "gave up their lives" while deliberating.

The prosecutor also repeatedly lashed out at the media, blaming the internet and "the 24-hour news cycle" for the unrest in Ferguson, Missouri, where Brown was shot and killed in August. He continued talking for several minutes before revealing the much-anticipated grand jury decision.

“The most significant challenge encountered in this investigation has been the 24-hour news cycle and its insatiable appetite for something, for anything to talk about, following closely behind with the non-stop rumors on social media,” he said.

"Social media isn't the problem," author Maureen Johnson said. "Shooting children is the problem."

CNN legal expert Jeffrey Toobin called the press conference "an extended whine" and "entirely inappropriate and embarrassing."

I also thought his press conference was bizarre. I've heard he has a questionable record as prosecutor.

Although Wilson was not indicted - I expect we'll learn in the coming days/weeks/months just how fucked up the process was that did not indict him.

St. Louis County Prosecuting Attorney Robert McCulloch announced on Monday night that Ferguson Police Officer Darren Wilson would not be indicted for the death of 18-year-old Michael Brown in a press conference that many found baffling, unwieldy and inflammatory.

The prosecutor also repeatedly lashed out at the media, blaming the internet and "the 24-hour news cycle" for the unrest in Ferguson, Missouri, where Brown was shot and killed in August. He continued talking for several minutes before revealing the much-anticipated grand jury decision.

“The most significant challenge encountered in this investigation has been the 24-hour news cycle and its insatiable appetite for something, for anything to talk about, following closely behind with the non-stop rumors on social media,” he said.

"Social media isn't the problem," author Maureen Johnson said. "Shooting children is the problem."

CNN legal expert Jeffrey Toobin called the press conference "an extended whine" and "entirely inappropriate and embarrassing."

I also thought his press conference was bizarre. I've heard he has a questionable record as prosecutor.

Did not take long for the far left blog sites to spin this....

I watched it. I don't need the Huffington Post to tell me what to think of it. It wasn't bizarre. He clearly was just trying to support the officer while trying to discourage the polarizing attitudes shown on both sides. I found his response to the question about whether or not they would be prosecuting the people who made inconsistent statements refreshing.

Although Wilson was not indicted - I expect we'll learn in the coming days/weeks/months just how fucked up the process was that did not indict him.
The only thing here that is fucked up is your attitude.

Work for your living and for the living of others. Give of yourself for yourself and for others.

Place others before yourself.

The better your day, the better the day of others.

Know the process before you stick your dick in your mouth.

The only thing here that is fucked up is your attitude.

Work for your living and for the living of others. Give of yourself for yourself and for others.

Place others before yourself.

The better your day, the better the day of others.

Know the process before you stick your dick in your mouth.

Bravo my dear. We'd have a better country if more people did that. And then they accuse others of tearing this country apart. If something doesn't go their way, look the hell out. sad and pathetic

Why Civil Rights Groups Are Calling For The Ferguson Prosecutor To Step Down

As St. Louis County Prosecutor Robert McCulloch presented the case for charging Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson privately before a grand jury, protesters stood outside calling for his removal. They cite McCulloch’s support for police officers in another police misconduct case, and a family history that includes many family members on the police force including his father, who was killed by a black man with a gun.

Prosecutors are law enforcers, like police. In most every case they take, they rely on police to provide them with cases, make arrests, present evidence, and even testify at trial. If prosecutors can’t work with cops, they can’t convict anybody. And they don’t want to alienate those very same people, particularly because they often maintain personal relationships. As a result, when faced with a case charging the police, “prosecutors face enormous pressure from both police and fellow prosecutors not to go forward with such cases,” explainslaw professor David A. Harris in a law review article on police accountability.

Many local prosecutors are also elected, and thus face external political pressure not to go up against the police. “[T]he election of local prosecutors makes bringing these cases very difficult and quite uncommon, even instances of serious abuse of citizens,” Harris explains. Prosecutors who go up against cops may be painted as soft on crime. And police unions are particularly well positioned to exert negative pressure on prosecutors during their re-election campaigns.

Convictions against police officers are also incredibly hard to come by, even when prosecutors do file charges, as juries also tend to side with police. Add to that the racial biases that mean black men like Michael Brown are more likely to be perceived as “dangerous,” and it will take a particularly hard-charging and committed prosecutor to overcome all of the obstacles to getting justice against a police officer.

More: Why Civil Rights Groups Are Calling For The Ferguson Prosecutor To Step Down

It's no surprise that Wilson wasn't indicted.

As St. Louis County Prosecutor Robert McCulloch presented the case for charging Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson privately before a grand jury, protesters stood outside calling for his removal. They cite McCulloch’s support for police officers in another police misconduct case, and a family history that includes many family members on the police force including his father, who was killed by a black man with a gun.

Prosecutors are law enforcers, like police. In most every case they take, they rely on police to provide them with cases, make arrests, present evidence, and even testify at trial. If prosecutors can’t work with cops, they can’t convict anybody. And they don’t want to alienate those very same people, particularly because they often maintain personal relationships. As a result, when faced with a case charging the police, “prosecutors face enormous pressure from both police and fellow prosecutors not to go forward with such cases,” explainslaw professor David A. Harris in a law review article on police accountability.

Many local prosecutors are also elected, and thus face external political pressure not to go up against the police. “[T]he election of local prosecutors makes bringing these cases very difficult and quite uncommon, even instances of serious abuse of citizens,” Harris explains. Prosecutors who go up against cops may be painted as soft on crime. And police unions are particularly well positioned to exert negative pressure on prosecutors during their re-election campaigns.

Convictions against police officers are also incredibly hard to come by, even when prosecutors do file charges, as juries also tend to side with police. Add to that the racial biases that mean black men like Michael Brown are more likely to be perceived as “dangerous,” and it will take a particularly hard-charging and committed prosecutor to overcome all of the obstacles to getting justice against a police officer.

More: Why Civil Rights Groups Are Calling For The Ferguson Prosecutor To Step Down

It's no surprise that Wilson wasn't indicted.

I'm surprised you can take a dump without your progressive handlers help.

Then again , maybe you can't.

You people should be ashamed of yourselves. but you don't care you are helping in tear us or our country APART. Folks SHUN hufferpuffer post don't go there anymore to give them your business. this is the Garbage you get off it

Sadly the responses from at least some of the left are predictable the officer was not indicted so you cry foul and if he was and he went to trial and was found not guilty you would cry foul again. These are the ones who are not interested in the facts or the evidence or justice they simply want revenge.

r-DARREN-WILSON-huge.jpg

It's Incredibly Rare For A Grand Jury To Do What Ferguson's Just Did

Ferguson Grand Jury: No Indictment for Darren Wilson in Brown's Death

Darren Wilson's picture above reminds me of George Zimmerman's picture after he killed unarmed Trayvon Martin.

I'm reminded of how some on the left claimed all they wanted in the Zimmerman case was to have a trial and to see the facts and get to the truth yet when the facts did not lead to the truth they wanted that story changed real quick.

Reports indicated protestors were preparing to riot and loot regardless of the decision. They would use either answer as an excuse to riot and loot.

r-DARREN-WILSON-huge.jpg

It's Incredibly Rare For A Grand Jury To Do What Ferguson's Just Did

Ferguson Grand Jury: No Indictment for Darren Wilson in Brown's Death

Darren Wilson's picture above reminds me of George Zimmerman's picture after he killed unarmed Trayvon Martin.

This whole situation reminds me of how people don't want facts, or evidence but want to form an opinion based on race and social stature.

It reminds me how Justice is not what some want, they want mob rule and will justify it by ignoring reason and facts and hope people run on the emotion of hate.

Forum List

Back