Few Iranians see US favorably, despite Obama

How does a Washington/Californa based right wing think tank poll Iranians, exactly?

Detailed information on how the poll was conducted can be found here.

http://terrorfreetomorrow.org/upimagestft/TFT Iran Survey Report 0609.pdf

Thanks, Toomuch.

A telephone poll, huh?

Mistake...

Why?

Because it presumes that the people in Iran who have telephones represents the population as a whole.

They might be, of course, but then too.. maybe not.

Remember this polling error?

e868a_dewey_defeats_truman1.jpg

How does a Washington/Californa based right wing think tank poll Iranians, exactly?

Thanks, Toomuch.

A telephone poll, huh?

Mistake...

Why?

Because it presumes that the people in Iran who have telephones represents the population as a whole.

Nearly all polls in the US are telephone polls, and since, according to the report, over 90% of Iranian households have landlines, it can be reasonably assumed that the people in Iran who have telephones are as representative of the general population as those who have telephones in the US are of the general population here.

Thanks, Toomuch.

A telephone poll, huh?

Mistake...

Why?

No offense, but I think your polling error wouldn't occur today given improved polling, assuming that the people TAKING the poll structure things legitimately.

More to the point, though, I'd wonder why anyone would think they'd get an honest answer from someone being polled in Iran where the IMAM's could be listening/watching or whatever.

No offense, but I think your polling error wouldn't occur today given improved polling, assuming that the people TAKING the poll structure things legitimately.

More to the point, though, I'd wonder why anyone would think they'd get an honest answer from someone being polled in Iran where the IMAM's could be listening/watching or whatever.

So I take it that when the leftist trash defending the regime trumpets how "wonderful" the 20,000 imprisoned jewish iranian citizens really have it - they always exclaim so when "polled" - that they are just full of shit, right? Fucking hilarious.

Oh, I'm sure a few of them do. Just like they do in Hyde Park or at Berkley.

Except the national governments of the countries in which Hyde Park and Berkeley reside in do not sponsor the rallies, or the newspapers in which the chant are repeated, or the parades.

Why does that surprise you? The Iranian government is hostile to the US.

The fact that the protests aren't spontaneous and have to be sponsored by the government demonstrates that there is not widespread animosity towards America in Iran, or at least not moreso than most other countries. This thread is about the Iranian population, not the Iranian government.

Most Iranians were born after the Islamic Revolution and the hostage crisis.

The fact that the protests aren't spontaneous and have to be sponsored by the government demonstrates that there is not widespread animosity towards America in Iran, or at least not moreso than most other countries. This thread is about the Iranian population, not the Iranian government.

Current polling shows massive support for the dog admadinejihadist, close to half the pop, and the Basij - the True Believers - number some 11 million. That's alot of people and is why I support a military strike to conduct regime change; it is like Nazi Germany or Hirohito's Japan, the people for the most part support the current awful government because they are not really being made to suffer directly the violent consequences of its militaristic adventures.

Just like in WW2, once the supporting populations began to be bombed like their armies did to the rest of Europe, their support for the War decreased significantly.

Nothing would please me more than to see Israel and a few other nations establish proxy armies on Iran's borders and lob missiles, mortars and rockets into iran aimed at civilian population centers, and to detonate bombs inside iranian malls and shopping centers.

I think that once they have been made to endure the shit these fucking assholes have put so many others through, they will cease their support for it - political opportunism via terrorism.

Current polling shows massive support for the dog admadinejihadist, close to half the pop, and the Basij - the True Believers - number some 11 million. That's alot of people and is why I support a military strike to conduct regime change; it is like Nazi Germany or Hirohito's Japan, the people for the most part support the current awful government because they are not really being made to suffer directly the violent consequences of its militaristic adventures.

Just like in WW2, once the supporting populations began to be bombed like their armies did to the rest of Europe, their support for the War decreased significantly.

Nothing would please me more than to see Israel and a few other nations establish proxy armies on Iran's borders and lob missiles, mortars and rockets into iran aimed at civilian population centers, and to detonate bombs inside iranian malls and shopping centers.

I think that once they have been made to endure the shit these fucking assholes have put so many others through, they will cease their support for it - political opportunism via terrorism.

So would you support the terrorists if more bombs started going off in America?

And if terrorists invaded Canada or Mexico, would you be inclined to support a politician that was more or less belligerent towards the terrorists?

Last edited:

Thanks, Toomuch.

A telephone poll, huh?

Mistake...

Why?

Nearly all polls in the US are telephone polls, and since, according to the report, over 90% of Iranian households have landlines, it can be reasonably assumed that the people in Iran who have telephones are as representative of the general population as those who have telephones in the US are of the general population here.

Can it also be reasonable presumed that Iranians are going to openly discuss their political views with strangers calling them over landlines..
..in IRAN!?!?

Or have we suddenly learned that the people of Iran feel free from retribution from a goverment that (I'll bet dollars to donuts) the majority of you who so want to believe this article would have told me (before it became uncomfortable to admit it, of course) that those people lived in a theocratic dictatorship?

It amuses me to watch you people grasping at let's find something to whine about Obama about straws, folks, it really does.

Now let's think us about this, shall we?

A RIGHT WING OBAMA-HATING THINK TANK
does a TELEPHONE POLL
of IRANIANS
in IRAN ..
And
that dubious polls informs them that the people they surveyed
by telephone
in IRAN
are losing faith in the AMERICAN POTUS?

And you people are absolutely positive that this so called poll is a terrible meaningful thing to care about?!

Truly, the right's desperation to find something to whine about is truly amusing.

Given all the real things to complain about Obama about, it is also somewhat pathetic.

Nothing would please you more than the murder of innocent Iranian civilians....?

Let's expand your ill-conceived hypothetical situation. Iran's proper response to these attacks would involve using cluster munitions and white phosphorous indiscriminately in downtown Tel Aviv, right? They'd have to be sure to carry on for about a month so that they could kill slightly more than 20 civilians for every one of theirs killed by Israel, right?

Shit, I forgot... collective punishment is only acceptable when it's used by Israel.

And if terrorists invaded Canada or Mexico, would you be inclined to support a politician that was more or less belligerent towards the terrorists?

Your question makes zero fucking sense, since Israel has never done a fucking thing to iran, yet iran has consistently waged an illegal, asymmetrical war against it - including targeting women and children for decades. Name one attack israel has ever made against iran in the last 1,000 years, or for that matter, what attack has the US made in the last 20?

Let's expand your ill-conceived hypothetical situation. Iran's proper response to these attacks would involve using cluster munitions and white phosphorous indiscriminately in downtown Tel Aviv, right? They'd have to be sure to carry on for about a month so that they could kill slightly more than 20 civilians for every one of theirs killed by Israel, right?

Shit, I forgot... collective punishment is only acceptable when it's used by Israel.

This is fucking hilarious.

As I wrote right above, please list all of the attacks israel has made against iran in the last 1,000 years, that has compelled iran to wage war against her, including suicide bombings and rocket fire directed exclusively at civilians.

Iran has no business whatsoever interfering and involving itself in the pal-israeli conflict. Iran has murdered hundreds of israeli civilians without justification, and this poll shows widespread iranian public support for a continuation of this unjustifiable war against israel.

I'd bet you were one of those who protested the "illegal" US war against iraq; are you also as dedicated against iran's illegal and illegally conducted war against israel?

As I also said above, just like in Jordan, the asshole general population was VERY much in favor of the Al Qaeda in iraq terrorism against iraqi civilians; it wasn't until Zawahiri brought it into Amman in the form of a wedding suicide bombing did these fucks decide maybe terrorism wasn't such a great thing.

THAT is why I want to bring the war so fiercely to the fucking scumbags in the iranian government - these whores sip coffee in teheranian cafes while ordering terrorism and murder be conducted against israeli civilians.

You had fucking better believe that I absolutely support full-blown terrorism against Iranian citizens, for it is they who have supported thirty years of terrorism against israel, and have maimed or murdered thousands of israelis - and now Americans in Iraq.

Nothing would please you more than the murder of innocent Iranian civilians....?

When you post an intelligent response to my query in the other thread, I will respond to this and your future questions. Until then, you are persona non grata.

Well the question was basically rhetorical, it's clear that you are indeed calling for the murder of innocent Iranian civilians.

Your question makes zero fucking sense, since Israel has never done a fucking thing to iran, yet iran has consistently waged an illegal, asymmetrical war against it - including targeting women and children for decades. Name one attack israel has ever made against iran in the last 1,000 years, or for that matter, what attack has the US made in the last 20?

I'm sorry, but your theory makes zero fucking sense. You said you supported a military strike against the civilian population because they would then see how unpopular their government was, just like under Hitler or Hirohito.

If your theory was correct, then Israel would long ago have changed their government to a pro-Palestinian government because of all the bombs that have gone off in cafes and buses in Israel.

Somehow you seem to think that Iranians would act completely differently than Israelis. That makes little sense. All such a strike would do would be to make the regime in Iran more popular not less because people rally around their leaders in a time of war.

Yeah, that is pretty lame especially given the fact that the last time I check Iran hasn't actually acted aggressively against anyone.

Yeah, that is pretty lame especially given the fact that the last time I check Iran hasn't actually acted aggressively against anyone.

You don't consider proxy wars to be aggressive?

Fuck how the Iranians see us; they should worry about how human evolution sees them?

Hanging homosexuals, subverting the rights of women, attacking a democracy in Iraq, attacking religious minorities like the Bahias, and constantly lying to the UN about their nuclear program, which may start a nuclear arms race between Sunni and Shia.

I tell you know Allah is looking really fucking old and bitter, get a real life Iran, build a real life.

Forum List

Back