#FIGHTFOR15: The First Burger Built by a Robot Is About to Hit the Bay Area

Onward march of progress. This is how it works. There were a lot of buggy-whip manufacturers that lost their jobs when cars became ubiquitous.

If robot restaurants are more efficient than human-staffed restaurants, then so be it. We, as a society, adapt. Every advancement will create jobs as well - building and maintaining these robots, for example.

Blaming a minimum wage for progress is a little silly.
So you build a robot. 100 man hours. Takes the job of a full time employee who was working 170 hours a month.
Now you maintain it. A technician works one hour a month taking care of it.

I know math r hard, but this technology is a dead end street with civilization running full speed into a jobless society with no one being able to obtain anything except what the government decides to hand them that day.

So what do you suggest?

Stifle innovation to protect unskilled and inefficient jobs?

As a side note - the robot in your link is 14 feet long, several thousand pounds and cost millions of dollars to build. We're not talking just "100 man hours".
A. I made my much of my wealth designing automated machines, some over a hundred feet long. I used a hundred man hours for discussion purposes. Most people have the intellect to understand this. My bad for leaving you behind in the discussion.

B. I have no solution for the problem. It's 2 high speed trains running towards each other and no way to stop it.

Leftist Starbucks just announced they're closing 150 stores in the #fightfor15 cities due to wages.

And yet Starbucks has been paying $11 an hour since they first opened in Canada and are now paying $15 without closing stores.
150 stores being closed due to increased wages.
Starbucks words, not mine.

Out of how many?

There are almost twice as many Starbucks as that, just in Manhattan.
Irrelivent. Starbucks is pulling out of #15NOW cities as are many establishments.

:lol:

Closing less than .01% of their American stores does not translate to them "pulling out" of anywhere - and it's only "irrelevant" in the sense that it completely destroys your point.
Lack of jobs in blue cities is what the left specializes in.

And yet Starbucks has been paying $11 an hour since they first opened in Canada and are now paying $15 without closing stores.

Out of how many?

Irrelivent. Starbucks is pulling out of #15NOW cities as are many establishments.

Closing less than .01% of their American stores does not translate to them "pulling out" of anywhere - and it's only "irrelevant" in the sense that it completely destroys your point.

Duck, dodge and weave!

And when that doesn't work, bargle about "liberals".

You're too fucking predictable.

Onward march of progress. This is how it works. There were a lot of buggy-whip manufacturers that lost their jobs when cars became ubiquitous.

If robot restaurants are more efficient than human-staffed restaurants, then so be it. We, as a society, adapt. Every advancement will create jobs as well - building and maintaining these robots, for example.

So you build a robot. 100 man hours. Takes the job of a full time employee who was working 170 hours a month.

I know math r hard, but this technology is a dead end street with civilization running full speed into a jobless society with no one being able to obtain anything except what the government decides to hand them that day.

So what do you suggest?

As a side note - the robot in your link is 14 feet long, several thousand pounds and cost millions of dollars to build. We're not talking just "100 man hours".
A. I made my much of my wealth designing automated machines, some over a hundred feet long. I used a hundred man hours for discussion purposes. Most people have the intellect to understand this. My bad for leaving you behind in the discussion.

B. I have no solution for the problem. It's 2 high speed trains running towards each other and no way to stop it.

Much of your "wealth"?

You can be anything you want on the internet. Did you know that I invented Pop Tarts, and I've been to Mars twice?

As for your apocalyptic delusions, you'll have to pardon me, I don't have any pearls to clutch.

Out of how many?

Duck, dodge and weave!

So you can't address the fact the Left destroy jobs so you go on a personal attack. Who could have seen that coming?

So what do you suggest?

Much of your "wealth"?

You can be anything you want on the internet. Did you know that I invented Pop Tarts, and I've been to Mars twice?

As for your apocalyptic delusions, you'll have to pardon me, I don't have any pearls to clutch.
Wow, more personal attacks, you're on a roll!

Should I report you to a Mod?

OH WAIT, YOURE THE MOD TROLL! :21::21:

Out of how many?

Duck, dodge and weave!

So you can't address the fact the Left destroy jobs so you go on a personal attack. Who could have seen that coming?

"I'm losing the argument, so bargle bargle liberals!!!!"

And get the fuck off your high horse, dipshit. You're in no position to whine about "personal attacks"

So what do you suggest?

Much of your "wealth"?

Wow, more personal attacks, you're on a roll!

Should I report you to a Mod?

OH WAIT, YOURE THE MOD TROLL! :21::21:

How about you stop whining like a little bitch, and then we can get back to you embarassing yourself with this stupid thread?

Oh my. Robots as fast food workers. How ever will they pay the 3000 buck per month rent now?

With that said...I doubt I would ever participate in such a place. Kinda like those big warehouse grocery stores with cheaper prices...it just isn't the same as a regular grocery store. Just like it isn't the same to watch a big ticket movie on your couch versus a filled theater.

The point is, innovation doesn't stop. There will always be new problems in search of solutions. Humanity, if nothing else, has an extraordinary ability to adapt to new paradigms.

If fast-food workers go the way of the buggy-whip manufactures, so be it. There will be a new paradigm, and we'll adjust.

Oh my. Robots as fast food workers. How ever will they pay the 3000 buck per month rent now?

With that said...I doubt I would ever participate in such a place. Kinda like those big warehouse grocery stores with cheaper prices...it just isn't the same as a regular grocery store. Just like it isn't the same to watch a big ticket movie on your couch versus a filled theater.

They can go down the street, and get jobs at the burger robot factory. Or get trained to maintain burger robots.

Same here, always use a teller. Going to be no middle class in a few decades.

Same here, always use a teller. Going to be no middle class in a few decades.

Ummm..

Fast Food workers aren't middle class to begin with.

Well, tech support and maintenance workers should make 15.00 or more an hour.
Tech support is some guy in India and maintenance is an Pakistani here on a workers visa.
I do robots and other such worker replacement tech. We do way better than 15 an hour but my job is to replace 20 people at 15 so it works for me.
That's the issue. And one day they'll make a robot to replace you.

There's 2 lines on a collision path - reducing headcount with technology and the lack of a middle class to support spending money on technology.
True. But is the solution minimum wage increases? Or does that drive the tech? Unless the left starts charging robots minimum wage the tech is going to win. And actually the tech still wins they don’t call in sick or drunk.

Tech support is some guy in India and maintenance is an Pakistani here on a workers visa.
I do robots and other such worker replacement tech. We do way better than 15 an hour but my job is to replace 20 people at 15 so it works for me.

There's 2 lines on a collision path - reducing headcount with technology and the lack of a middle class to support spending money on technology.
True. But is the solution minimum wage increases? Or does that drive the tech? Unless the left starts charging robots minimum wage the tech is going to win. And actually the tech still wins they don’t call in sick or drunk.
Like I said earlier, I see no solution until everything crashes and somehow civilization resets itself.

So what do you suggest?

Much of your "wealth"?

How is acting like a retarded child helping the situation?

So what do you suggest?

Much of your "wealth"?

How is acting like a retarded child helping the situation?

How is the OP's bad-faith pearl-clutching going to "help" the situation?

I don't see the doom-and-gloom apocalypse that you guys do. I have no doubt that we as a society will adapt and figure it out - and trying to impede progress by paying fast food workers slave wages won't stop progress either.

Like I said earlier, I see no solution until everything crashes and somehow civilization resets itself.
That very well could be what has to happen. In the mean time though the government will never be able to enforce hiring people and paying them more than they’re worth on business.

Maybe we have reached peak big city here. Millions in a city fighting over check out clerk jobs may not be the solution.

That very well could be what has to happen. In the mean time though the government will never be able to enforce hiring people and paying them more than they’re worth on business.

Maybe we have reached peak big city here. Millions in a city fighting over check out clerk jobs may not be the solution.
The June primaries in California showed a lot of surprising backlash against Democrats. I think people are fed up and want someone to act. That's what got Trump the outsider elected.

They can go down the street, and get jobs at the burger robot factory. Or get trained to maintain burger robots.
I do like the idea of a burger made maybe cleaner...so many go to work sick. Or don't wash their hands. However, the machine can get just as nasty if nobody cleans it well enough.

Forum List

Back