#FIGHTFOR15: The First Burger Built by a Robot Is About to Hit the Bay Area

Onward march of progress. This is how it works. There were a lot of buggy-whip manufacturers that lost their jobs when cars became ubiquitous.

If robot restaurants are more efficient than human-staffed restaurants, then so be it. We, as a society, adapt. Every advancement will create jobs as well - building and maintaining these robots, for example.

Blaming a minimum wage for progress is a little silly.

Onward march of progress. This is how it works. There were a lot of buggy-whip manufacturers that lost their jobs when cars became ubiquitous.

If robot restaurants are more efficient than human-staffed restaurants, then so be it. We, as a society, adapt. Every advancement will create jobs as well - building and maintaining these robots, for example.

I have a long long list of work skills which are totally obsolete. I used to run a posting machine at the bank where I worked, entering cheques and deposits on customer account cards. I can take shorthand notes, roll coins, and quickly count bundles of money. All done by machines now.

I went to one of those kiosk Mcdonald’s. Will never go back . What a pain in the ass .

Next thing you know, they will come up with self serve gas pumps

Damned minimum wage

So you build a robot. 100 man hours. Takes the job of a full time employee who was working 170 hours a month.
Now you maintain it. A technician works one hour a month taking care of it.

I know math r hard, but this technology is a dead end street with civilization running full speed into a jobless society with no one being able to obtain anything except what the government decides to hand them that day.

Well, tech support and maintenance workers should make 15.00 or more an hour.
Tech support is some guy in India and maintenance is an Pakistani here on a workers visa.
I do robots and other such worker replacement tech. We do way better than 15 an hour but my job is to replace 20 people at 15 so it works for me.
That's the issue. And one day they'll make a robot to replace you.

There's 2 lines on a collision path - reducing headcount with technology and the lack of a middle class to support spending money on technology.

I have noticed Dem's opposed cutting the BLOATED federal, state, and local vampire taxes on these businesses so they can afford to pay the employees more.
Leftist Starbucks just announced they're closing 150 stores in the #fightfor15 cities due to wages.

And yet Starbucks has been paying $11 an hour since they first opened in Canada and are now paying $15 without closing stores.
150 stores being closed due to increased wages.
Starbucks words, not mine.

Never saw that coming, didja?

The real minimum wage is $0.

The First Burger Built by a Robot Is About to Hit the Bay Area.

This won't end well....

DeltaAttack2go.jpg
I'm reminded of what happened in the Detroit, Michigan auto manufacturing production lines where a robotic devices would occasionally go berserk and they'd have to shut it down for repairs. About the only positive thing I can see out of robots preparing the burgers, is that you don't have to be concerned about some back room a**hole screwing with peoples food orders and if the servers in restaurants are replaced by robots, it will save money on tips.

So you build a robot. 100 man hours. Takes the job of a full time employee who was working 170 hours a month.
Now you maintain it. A technician works one hour a month taking care of it.

I know math r hard, but this technology is a dead end street with civilization running full speed into a jobless society with no one being able to obtain anything except what the government decides to hand them that day.

So what do you suggest?

Stifle innovation to protect unskilled and inefficient jobs?

As a side note - the robot in your link is 14 feet long, several thousand pounds and cost millions of dollars to build. We're not talking just "100 man hours".

I have noticed Dem's opposed cutting the BLOATED federal, state, and local vampire taxes on these businesses so they can afford to pay the employees more.
Leftist Starbucks just announced they're closing 150 stores in the #fightfor15 cities due to wages.

And yet Starbucks has been paying $11 an hour since they first opened in Canada and are now paying $15 without closing stores.

Out of how many?

There are almost twice as many Starbucks as that, just in Manhattan.

Out of how many?

Irrelivent. Starbucks is pulling out of #15NOW cities as are many establishments.

Automation has been advancing for a long time. Remember when ATM machines took so many bank teller's jobs? When is the last time you dropped a roll of film off at a photobooth? Machines will be doing a lot more than flipping hamburgers, and it has nothing to do with people deserving a living wage.
Notice how trolls always compare apples to oranges? lol. Smoke spin deflect...lather rinse repeat.

Out of how many?

Irrelivent. Starbucks is pulling out of #15NOW cities as are many establishments.

:lol:

Closing less than .01% of their American stores does not translate to them "pulling out" of anywhere - and it's only "irrelevant" in the sense that it completely destroys your point.

Forum List

Back