#FIGHTFOR15: The First Burger Built by a Robot Is About to Hit the Bay Area

I do robots and other such worker replacement tech. We do way better than 15 an hour but my job is to replace 20 people at 15 so it works for me.
That's the issue. And one day they'll make a robot to replace you.

There's 2 lines on a collision path - reducing headcount with technology and the lack of a middle class to support spending money on technology.
True. But is the solution minimum wage increases? Or does that drive the tech? Unless the left starts charging robots minimum wage the tech is going to win. And actually the tech still wins they don’t call in sick or drunk.
Like I said earlier, I see no solution until everything crashes and somehow civilization resets itself.
That very well could be what has to happen. In the mean time though the government will never be able to enforce hiring people and paying them more than they’re worth on business.

Maybe we have reached peak big city here. Millions in a city fighting over check out clerk jobs may not be the solution.
The June primaries in California showed a lot of surprising backlash against Democrats. I think people are fed up and want someone to act. That's what got Trump the outsider elected.
You can put that on Jerry Brown.

So you build a robot. 100 man hours. Takes the job of a full time employee who was working 170 hours a month.
Now you maintain it. A technician works one hour a month taking care of it.

I know math r hard, but this technology is a dead end street with civilization running full speed into a jobless society with no one being able to obtain anything except what the government decides to hand them that day.

So what do you suggest?

Stifle innovation to protect unskilled and inefficient jobs?

As a side note - the robot in your link is 14 feet long, several thousand pounds and cost millions of dollars to build. We're not talking just "100 man hours".
A. I made my much of my wealth designing automated machines, some over a hundred feet long. I used a hundred man hours for discussion purposes. Most people have the intellect to understand this. My bad for leaving you behind in the discussion.

B. I have no solution for the problem. It's 2 high speed trains running towards each other and no way to stop it.

:lol:

Much of your "wealth"?

You can be anything you want on the internet. Did you know that I invented Pop Tarts, and I've been to Mars twice?

As for your apocalyptic delusions, you'll have to pardon me, I don't have any pearls to clutch.
How is acting like a retarded child helping the situation?

How is the OP's bad-faith pearl-clutching going to "help" the situation?

I don't see the doom-and-gloom apocalypse that you guys do. I have no doubt that we as a society will adapt and figure it out - and trying to impede progress by paying fast food workers slave wages won't stop progress either.
You’re the one making fun of his input. You think he’s lying about his job yet we have no proof you didn’t take my order at the Wendy’s drive thru today either. How about just not being a dick?

That's the issue. And one day they'll make a robot to replace you.

There's 2 lines on a collision path - reducing headcount with technology and the lack of a middle class to support spending money on technology.
True. But is the solution minimum wage increases? Or does that drive the tech? Unless the left starts charging robots minimum wage the tech is going to win. And actually the tech still wins they don’t call in sick or drunk.
Like I said earlier, I see no solution until everything crashes and somehow civilization resets itself.
That very well could be what has to happen. In the mean time though the government will never be able to enforce hiring people and paying them more than they’re worth on business.

Maybe we have reached peak big city here. Millions in a city fighting over check out clerk jobs may not be the solution.
The June primaries in California showed a lot of surprising backlash against Democrats. I think people are fed up and want someone to act. That's what got Trump the outsider elected.
You can put that on Jerry Brown.
Agreed. The craziness of Democrats has been a huge wake up call for many.

Oh my. Robots as fast food workers. How ever will they pay the 3000 buck per month rent now?

With that said...I doubt I would ever participate in such a place. Kinda like those big warehouse grocery stores with cheaper prices...it just isn't the same as a regular grocery store. Just like it isn't the same to watch a big ticket movie on your couch versus a filled theater.

They can go down the street, and get jobs at the burger robot factory. Or get trained to maintain burger robots.
I do like the idea of a burger made maybe cleaner...so many go to work sick. Or don't wash their hands. However, the machine can get just as nasty if nobody cleans it well enough.
That’s a good point.

So what do you suggest?

Stifle innovation to protect unskilled and inefficient jobs?

As a side note - the robot in your link is 14 feet long, several thousand pounds and cost millions of dollars to build. We're not talking just "100 man hours".
A. I made my much of my wealth designing automated machines, some over a hundred feet long. I used a hundred man hours for discussion purposes. Most people have the intellect to understand this. My bad for leaving you behind in the discussion.

B. I have no solution for the problem. It's 2 high speed trains running towards each other and no way to stop it.

Much of your "wealth"?

You can be anything you want on the internet. Did you know that I invented Pop Tarts, and I've been to Mars twice?

As for your apocalyptic delusions, you'll have to pardon me, I don't have any pearls to clutch.

I don't see the doom-and-gloom apocalypse that you guys do. I have no doubt that we as a society will adapt and figure it out - and trying to impede progress by paying fast food workers slave wages won't stop progress either.
You’re the one making fun of his input. You think he’s lying about his job yet we have no proof you didn’t take my order at the Wendy’s drive thru today either. How about just not being a dick?

I'm sorry that I've upset you so deeply. Do you need a safe space to recover?

Perhaps if the OP wasn't so transparent in his bad faith troll thread, and perhaps if he wasn't such a raging dick in every thread he posted in, I would respond to it more politely.

But alas, that's certainly not going to happen in this lifetime.

That burger looks like ass, no thx.

I want a medium-rare burger, cooked by a bald headed crotchety old man or me.

Oh my. Robots as fast food workers. How ever will they pay the 3000 buck per month rent now?

With that said...I doubt I would ever participate in such a place. Kinda like those big warehouse grocery stores with cheaper prices...it just isn't the same as a regular grocery store. Just like it isn't the same to watch a big ticket movie on your couch versus a filled theater.

They can go down the street, and get jobs at the burger robot factory. Or get trained to maintain burger robots.
I do like the idea of a burger made maybe cleaner...so many go to work sick. Or don't wash their hands. However, the machine can get just as nasty if nobody cleans it well enough.
That’s a good point.
Long ago in wagon wheel days when dinosaurs roamed the earth...I worked at a taco bell and a burger king. I never drank BKs milkshakes. That machine was NASTY and they never cleaned it. Taco Bell was kept pretty clean though. They had a night shift what would come in at 2am and steam clean all the machines, floors, windows up to 5am.

Much of your "wealth"?

Perhaps if the OP wasn't so transparent in his bad faith troll thread, and perhaps if he wasn't such a raging dick in every thread he posted in, I would respond to it more politely.

No snowflake I’m just fine out here. Way to be the bigger man though. You sure showed the world your ass in this discussion.

That’s a good point.
Long ago in wagon wheel days when dinosaurs roamed the earth...I worked at a taco bell and a burger king. I never drank BKs milkshakes. That machine was NASTY and they never cleaned it. Taco Bell was kept pretty clean though. They had a night shift what would come in at 2am and steam clean all the machines, floors, windows up to 5am.
Cleaning robots may be the minimum wage jobs of the future.

Much of your "wealth"?

No snowflake I’m just fine out here. Way to be the bigger man though. You sure showed the world your ass in this discussion.

Why should I hold myself to a higher standard that you hold yourself to?

The purpose of this thread is not to discuss "solutions". It's to attack liberals. You're doing it too - so you can give up on that "high road" bullshit, we all see through it.

You're more interested in attacking me than discussing the topic of the thread - because you've convinced yourself that you can pretend to be a victim (and there's nothing you guys like more than feeling like a victim) of my "dickishness".

Bah, i was the designated burger-cutter at a restaurant once upon a time.

They picked me because I can eyeball 1-inch cuts and make them with a knife.

That restaurant served a damn good burger.

Furthermore, that was one of the allowed things to eat, I knew how to do it, toast the bun, all the sides are right there by the grill.

Wait until there's a day the chef made gravy and pour it over some fries after cooking a medium-rare burger=win! :113:

Lettuce, tomato, onion. You had to eat it with a knife and fork.

The purpose of this thread is not to discuss "solutions". It's to attack liberals. You're doing it too - so you can give up on that "high road" bullshit, we all see through it.

You're more interested in attacking me than discussing the topic of the thread - because you've convinced yourself that you can pretend to be a victim (and there's nothing you guys like more than feeling like a victim) of my "dickishness".
Maybe you should do less liberal stupid shit. You offered no solutions here. Yet you feel victimized and now are lashing out.

Get control over yourself and stop taking a thread title so personal. If the OP is wrong maybe point that out with a solution instead of getting all butt hurt over people pointing out how stupid your liberal policies are.

Bah, i was the designated burger-cutter at a restaurant once upon a time.

They picked me because I can eyeball 1-inch cuts and make them with a knife.

That restaurant served a damn good burger.

Furthermore, that was one of the allowed things to eat, I knew how to do it, toast the bun, all the sides are right there by the grill.

Wait until there's a day the chef made gravy and pour it over some fries after cooking a medium-rare burger=win! :113:
I was a bus boy for about a week. Best part of that job was telling the chef someone wanted fries covered in gravy and taking them back to the station to snarf down. I got fired though for not being so nice to a bitchy old woman. That job needed a robot.

Maybe you should do less liberal stupid shit. You offered no solutions here. Yet you feel victimized and now are lashing out.

Get control over yourself and stop taking a thread title so personal. If the OP is wrong maybe point that out with a solution instead of getting all butt hurt over people pointing out how stupid your liberal policies are.

Bargle bargle bargle. I'm not the one whining about "personal attacks".

As for responding to the OP's topic - I did. Go back and see. I didn't offer "solutions" because I think the "problem" is bullshit fantasy, as I explained fairly clearly.

Now, do you want to address what I've posted, or are you just going to keep whining about how mean I am?

That burger looks like ass, no thx.

I want a medium-rare burger, cooked by a bald headed crotchety old man or me.
Aren’t you the bald crotchety old man? I’m becoming that guy.
Me too, lol. The older I get, the more ornery I am.
Melinials are going to suffer this soon. That should be fun. An old pissed off fuck the world SJW.

No, but like his grandson said, I'm kinda there, due to the "big" forehead. :badgrin:

From the mouths of babes. They tell it like it is. :banana:

He said I was 1/4 bald. :D

"Someday, you'll be a baldhead, too"

Forum List

Back