🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Filmmaker Who Targeted ACORN Arrested in Alleged Senate Phone Scheme

He's shown himself to be a pretty unethical and dishonest person and not too bright - not just in this, but in some of his other stunts where there is evidence of editing of tapes etc. I don't understand why people defend his actions, unless it's partisan?

Editing for Form is one thing, editing to suppress information, is another. This is mostly a Straw Man Argument.

When it comes to those kinds of videos - any editing is suspect wouldn't you say?

No. Not necessarily. Do You have proof? Were the unedited originals being made available in court make any difference to You? How many hours do you want to inspect, if you could?
Al Gore... Yes. Busted.
Michael Moore.... Yes. Busted.
NPR? They slant left big time.

They entered under false pretenses; that is not breaking in. They opened a door: this did not take force. They did not burglarize. They wore disguises to uncover what they believed was a story about a Senator refusing to be accountable to her constituency. They were stupid in how they went about it. They looked in the line closet to complete their disguise of being repairmen. They did not burgaler or even vandalize the closet. The arresting officers found NO wire tapping devices or equipment on them...does that compute? I do not believe they will be prosecuted for anything.

Really? "They opened a door: this did not take force."?

You do realize that "pushing open a door" is literally part of the definition, right?

As in:
breaking and entering
n. 1) the criminal act of entering a residence or other enclosed property through the slightest amount of force (even pushing open a door), without authorization. If there is intent to commit a crime, this is burglary. If there is no such intent, the breaking and entering alone is probably at least illegal trespass, which is a misdemeanor crime. 2) the criminal charge for the above.

Since they entered under false pretenses, there is lack of authorization. Since they pushed open a door at all, it is Breaking and Entering.

It is not Burglary, which is Breaking and Entering with the proven intent of stealing something, but it is definitely breaking and entering.

I don't see it as breaking and entering at all. Better hope I'm not on the Jury. Unlawful entry into a restricted area, Impersonating, misrepresenting, sure. There are all different kinds of things People do that They don't get charged with too, in the end. When It's Political, Who can tell.

As for Your charge that if everything was reversed, We would be yelling and screaming, issues like this come up every day. Most of Us have just learned to live with it. No Rioting, Obstruction, burning down Neighborhoods that I have seen. How about You?

I don't see it as breaking and entering at all. Better hope I'm not on the Jury. Unlawful entry into a restricted area, Impersonating, misrepresenting, sure. There are all different kinds of things People do that They don't get charged with too, in the end. When It's Political, Who can tell.

As for Your charge that if everything was reversed, We would be yelling and screaming, issues like this come up every day. Most of Us have just learned to live with it. No Rioting, Obstruction, burning down Neighborhoods that I have seen. How about You?

Whether you see it that way or not, the LAW sees it as breaking and entering. If you were on a jury and voted against the law based on your own personal beliefs, you would be wrong.

Without burglary added to that charge however, it carries little penalty. As SFC Ollie has suggested, they'll probably get minimal jail time, mainly due to the fact that the FBI agent acted before they committed any further crimes.

Be that as it may, future actions by Mr O'Keefe and friends will be more carefully scrutinized. Further offenses will carry stiffer penalties.

They are being charged "with entering federal property under false pretenses for the purpose of committing a felony, which carries up to 10 years in prison."

Dat's a Federal crime and a Felony.

IIRC you can't plead down to a misdemeanor in a case like that.

Perhaps a board attorney can confirm or strike down my recall.

I think its in fact likely the will plead down to 6 months. This is why:

TITLE 18 > PART I > CHAPTER 47 > § 1036

(a) Whoever, by any fraud or false pretense, enters or attempts to enter—
(1) any real property belonging in whole or in part to, or leased by, the United States;
shall be punished as provided in subsection (b) of this section.

(b) The punishment for an offense under subsection (a) of this section is—
(1) a fine under this title or imprisonment for not more than 10 years, or both, if the offense is committed with the intent to commit a felony; or
(2) a fine under this title or imprisonment for not more than 6 months, or both, in any other case.

Note that there are two punishments. The one they are being charged with now is the one where they intended to commit a felony. The second is one which involves ONLY entering under false pretenses - without intent to commit felony.

I think it will be difficult to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that these men intended to commit a felony. However, its easy to show they entered under false pretenses, which by itself is 6 months.
Yep...and they will be martyrs to the "conservatives" ... a win/win for them.

ravi...please name the conservatives who have defended these guys actions.

thank you.

Assuming disguises and entering a secure area under false pretenses is in fact "Breaking In". You don't have to physically break locks to be performing a "break in".

breaking and entering
n. 1) the criminal act of entering a residence or other enclosed property through the slightest amount of force (even pushing open a door), without authorization. If there is intent to commit a crime, this is burglary. If there is no such intent, the breaking and entering alone is probably at least illegal trespass, which is a misdemeanor crime. 2) the criminal charge for the above.

So when they touched the door to attempt to gain access to the phone closet, they were in fact "Breaking and Entering".

They entered under false pretenses; that is not breaking in. They opened a door: this did not take force. They did not burglarize. They wore disguises to uncover what they believed was a story about a Senator refusing to be accountable to her constituency. They were stupid in how they went about it. They looked in the line closet to complete their disguise of being repairmen. They did not burgaler or even vandalize the closet. The arresting officers found NO wire tapping devices or equipment on them...does that compute? I do not believe they will be prosecuted for anything.

Here's something interesting:

Criminal Trespass

Some statutes consider a trespass criminal only if the defendant has an unlawful purpose in entering or remaining in the place where he has no right to be. The unlawful purpose may be an attempt to disrupt a government office, theft, or Arson. Statutes in some states specify that a trespass is not criminal until after a warning, either spoken or by posted signs, has been given to the trespasser. Criminal trespass is punishable by fine or imprisonment or both.

O'Keefe spazzed on this one. He had no criminal intent and that is why they won't prosecute as such. The media ran with this, foolishly I might add, because he did such a great job of exposing ACORN which is/was a powerful tool for the democrat voting machine.

O'Keefe is a hungry kid who wants to do investigative reporting. I predict a long and rewarding career.

I say he was set up. Not his fault and was framed becuase of the great work he did exposing the entire Acorn organization...not just that one office, all of them.

Great work sir. Hopefully you really learn what a pimp is.

They are being charged "with entering federal property under false pretenses for the purpose of committing a felony, which carries up to 10 years in prison."

Dat's a Federal crime and a Felony.

IIRC you can't plead down to a misdemeanor in a case like that.

Perhaps a board attorney can confirm or strike down my recall.

I think its in fact likely the will plead down to 6 months. This is why:

TITLE 18 > PART I > CHAPTER 47 > § 1036

(a) Whoever, by any fraud or false pretense, enters or attempts to enter—
(1) any real property belonging in whole or in part to, or leased by, the United States;
shall be punished as provided in subsection (b) of this section.

(b) The punishment for an offense under subsection (a) of this section is—
(1) a fine under this title or imprisonment for not more than 10 years, or both, if the offense is committed with the intent to commit a felony; or
(2) a fine under this title or imprisonment for not more than 6 months, or both, in any other case.

Note that there are two punishments. The one they are being charged with now is the one where they intended to commit a felony. The second is one which involves ONLY entering under false pretenses - without intent to commit felony.

I think it will be difficult to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that these men intended to commit a felony. However, its easy to show they entered under false pretenses, which by itself is 6 months.
Yep...and they will be martyrs to the "conservatives" ... a win/win for them.

Hey Ravi, I applauded Rev Al, for doing His time. It builds integrity. Why don't You try it before knocking it?

ravi...please name the conservatives who have defended these guys actions.

thank you.
Seriously? :lol:

really....name them

i find it odd for you to pass up this opportunity...

name them ravi.....come on, you can do it. and don't forget to back it up with cites.

i'll wait, but not for long my dear :razz:

Wanna explain why FAUX Noise devoted 1 hour, 4 minutes and 45 seconds to this moron's expose of Acorn, yet were only able to squeeze 4 minutes out for his arrest?

Blech, Limp Idiot, Billo the Clown and Manatee have ALL defended this douchebag. Did you see the softball interview Hannity did with him? They were cosigning each other's bullshit.

Wanna explain why FAUX Noise devoted 1 hour, 4 minutes and 45 seconds to this moron's expose of Acorn, yet were only able to squeeze 4 minutes out for his arrest?

Blech, Limp Idiot, Billo the Clown and Manatee have ALL defended this douchebag. Did you see the softball interview Hannity did with him? They were cosigning each other's bullshit.

Isnt that exactly how long they spent on Acorn? :lol:

Isnt that exactly how long they spent on Acorn? :lol:

I think He's on a Union Break Zona. :lol:

Last edited:
I say he was set up. Not his fault and was framed becuase of the great work he did exposing the entire Acorn organization...not just that one office, all of them.

His co-conspirators are on film posing as a phone company employee on U.S. government property. Its a crime to falsely represent yourself on U.S. government property regardless of your other intentions.

If you intend to commit a felony, its punishable by up to 10 years.
If you did not intend to commit a felony, it is is punishable by up to 6 months.

The PENALTY is different depending on your intentions, but merely falsely representing yourself on government property is a crime by itself.

While I think they probably were intending to tamper with the phone system, which would be a felony - that might be hard to prove. But its undeniable fact they were posing as phone company employees when they are not. I predict they will plea to the lesser charge (punishable by up to 6 months).

His co-conspirators are on film posing as a phone company employee on U.S. government property. Its a crime to falsely represent yourself on U.S. government property regardless of your other intentions.

If you did not intend to commit a felony, it is is punishable by up to 6 months.

The PENALTY is different depending on your intentions, but merely falsely representing yourself on government property is a crime by itself.

While I think they probably were intending to tamper with the phone system, which would be a felony - that might be hard to prove. But its undeniable fact they were posing as phone company employees when they are not. I predict they will plea to the lesser charge (punishable by up to 6 months).

But is it grounds for Impeachment! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mark my words...he wont do time. Eventually he will end up working as a correspondent for Fox.

Wait for it.

Mark my words...he wont do time. Eventually he will end up working as a correspondent for Fox.

Wait for it.

If he has no prior offenses - and pleads guilty or is convicted of the lesser charge of merely false representation without intent to commit a felony - in all honestly, should he do time? Its quite common for 1st offenders, convicted of a 6 month maximum offense, to not do time.

On the other hand - MAYBE - if the prosecutor and defense attorney both believe there is at least a possibility a jury would convict on the heavier charge - false represenation with intent to commit a felony - they might be able to get him to agree to time on the lesser charge as part of the plea. But I doubt it.

Forum List

Back