Finally, Conservatives Begin To Back Away From the Confederate Flag

Sure feeling like a witch hunt to me. I understand being offended, but its been repeatedly proven that offence is part of free speech.

Their state so they can do what they want, but at some point that kind of precedence becomes a problem for /every/ state. Hopefully this isn't /that/ point, merely another shake of salt on the slug of the people's support of government.

I have to say, I do find myself leaning farther and farther from Democrat ideology... The theory of "pick your battles" is ever in my mind, and frankly a lot of the battles Dem's pick are just silly. Gay marriage, yes. Forcing businesses to serve those they don't wish to on the far flung 'concept' that denial of a gay wedding cake is akin to segregation/discrimination/slavery, not so much. And now they attack our freedom to be assholes again.

Are we free, or do we merely pretend to be free for the sake of appearance? or perhaps... politeness.
Republicans have fought some pretty stupid battles of their own, Obama's birth certificate, Voter ids, evolution, and shutting down the government.

BTW Removing the confederate flag is not just a Democratic issue. There's been some pretty strong Republican support for doing so. This is a bit surprising considering how much Republicans depend on a good voter turn out of white southerns in the deep south.

Agreed!

The Republicans have taken the lead on this issue because polls are showing that only 20% of the populations supports the Confederate flag on government buildings.

Sure feeling like a witch hunt to me. I understand being offended, but its been repeatedly proven that offence is part of free speech.

Their state so they can do what they want, but at some point that kind of precedence becomes a problem for /every/ state. Hopefully this isn't /that/ point, merely another shake of salt on the slug of the people's support of government.

I have to say, I do find myself leaning farther and farther from Democrat ideology... The theory of "pick your battles" is ever in my mind, and frankly a lot of the battles Dem's pick are just silly. Gay marriage, yes. Forcing businesses to serve those they don't wish to on the far flung 'concept' that denial of a gay wedding cake is akin to segregation/discrimination/slavery, not so much. And now they attack our freedom to be assholes again.

Are we free, or do we merely pretend to be free for the sake of appearance? or perhaps... politeness.
Republicans have fought some pretty stupid battles of their own, Obama's birth certificate, Voter ids, evolution, and shutting down the government.

BTW Removing the confederate flag is not just a Democratic issue. There's been some pretty strong Republican support for doing so. This is a bit surprising considering how much Republicans depend on a good voter turn out of white southerns in the deep south.

Agreed!

The Republicans have taken the lead on this issue because polls are showing that only 20% of the populations supports the Confederate flag on government buildings.

They should put it to a vote, that is the proper American way to deal with this. If the state votes to remove it from the confederate memorial there, so be it.

How about the southern states ostracize and boycott the bed wetter states? How about they stop exporting their products through their ports and using their banks?

Oh wait, they did that once, and they were attacked under some bullshit premise of "freeing the slaves".

Now the slaves are nicely contained in democrook ghettos and prisons.

It would be funny to see it happen again considering most of the military is staffed with southerners, and the bed wetter states have forced their industries out of business, disarmed their people and created a generation of freak pussies.

poor baby. are you upset that the bigot flag is coming down?

Agreed!

They should put it to a vote, that is the proper American way to deal with this. If the state votes to remove it from the confederate memorial there, so be it.

no.... anything involving bigotry in the south should NOT be put to a vote. do you wackos put it to a vote when you pass personhood laws and shut down abortion clinics?

and i'll remind you that the flag was first raised there to give the finger to the civil rights laws...

why?

because bigots hate....

Agreed!

no.... anything involving bigotry in the south should NOT be put to a vote. do you wackos put it to a vote when you pass personhood laws and shut down abortion clinics?

and i'll remind you that the flag was first raised there to give the finger to the civil rights laws...

why?

because bigots hate....
Only in the south?...You've been programmed well :eusa_eh:

Agreed!

why?

because bigots hate....

We are seeing the last gasp of the southern white christian "kulture"

Agreed!

why?

because bigots hate....

The flag has nothing to do with being Christian, fake Jew....Why do you continually defend islamonazis? fake Jew

Way to make assumptions. I'm pro-choice.

And yes, we should put it to a vote. We put abortion and gay rights to vote - that's bigotry related shit too.

Why not put to vote if a confederate flag should fly over a confederate memorial?

Agreed!

why?

because bigots hate....

do try to follow along, idiota.... we're discussing the bigot flag....

and yes... there can be bigotry everywhere... the south is the only place its enshrined.

i hope you understand that...

or should we type slower for your benefit?

The blow back is going to be fun to watch on this issue during the elections.

Agreed!

why?

because bigots hate....

The flag has nothing to do with being Christian, fake Jew....Why do you continually defend islamonazis? fake Jew

do you not know anything? kkk type groups base their core values in christianity.

that is not ALL christians... but those christians insist it is G-d's will that white men subjugate other races.

you really should go learn a thing or two....

and a jew shouldn't be defending racists.

Agreed!

why?

because bigots hate....

do try to follow along, idiota.... we're discussing the bigot flag....

and yes... there can be bigotry everywhere... the south is the only place its enshrined.

i hope you understand that...

or should we type slower for your benefit?
You're so cute when you fake outrage about such a trivial thing...Media matters again? :dunno:

Agreed!

why?

because bigots hate....

do you not know anything? kkk type groups base their core values in christianity.

that is not ALL christians... but those christians insist it is G-d's will that white men subjugate other races.

"Democratic" party people lets not forget. the "Democratic" party should be banned and made to pay reparations for their crimes:thup:

I personally prefer not to condemn all for the failings of one. There are non-racist Southerner's who believe that Dixie flag isn't about racism or segregation.

Also, they already removed the flag that was rose to protest segregation, it was done in 2000, when the flag was moved to the confederate memorial.

I personally prefer not to condemn all for the failings of one. There are non-racist Southerner's who believe that Dixie flag isn't about racism or segregation.

Also, they already removed the flag that was rose to protest segregation, it was done in 2000, when the flag was moved to the confederate memorial.
Most southern Christians are the nicest people you'll ever meet. I've been to services in their churches, where they pray for the Jews in Israel victory over the islamonazis:cool:

Agreed!

why?

because bigots hate....

Maybe you should learn something, there is no such thing as a racist god. So no need to hyphenate and capitalize a fake god:thup:

My father's a Catholic southerner. Unfortunately he's a total asshole; OCD, perfectionist, and extremely demanding. Of course, he's also the guy that you call up when shit hits the fan, no matter what it is, he sets your ass straight and does whatever is needed to get your shit straight. I honestly don't even want to think about how many ex-con's stayed at our house when I was a teenager. They'd stay with us and he'd be a total prick to them, nit picking every damn thing, then (if they stuck through it and corrected their bad habits) he'd give them a personal recommendation and reference so they could get a better job and get their lives back on track. As a general his recommendations were good enough. He called it a work-boot-camp, I had to do it to, sucked ass, but I learned a crap ton more about good work ethics than I ever would have at a "real" job.

Forum List

Back