Finally, Conservatives Begin To Back Away From the Confederate Flag

When are the Clintons and Gore going to back away from the Confederate Flag?

View attachment 42940

Who cares about a 15 year old political poster? You don't even know who produced it. Could have been done by some local group of supporters without knowledge or control of Clinton or Gore.

Math challenged much? 2015-1992 =/= 15, bub.

If you have any evidence that Clinton DENOUNCED these campaign pins, then please provide.

View attachment 42940

Who cares about a 15 year old political poster? You don't even know who produced it. Could have been done by some local group of supporters without knowledge or control of Clinton or Gore.

If you have any evidence that Clinton DENOUNCED these campaign pins, then please provide.
Ok, so who cares about a 23 year of campaign poster?

The Dems really have some 'Splainin' to do:

But here’s what the pompom boys forgot to tell you. That flag used to fly atop the Statehouse in Columbia, and guess who put it there in 1962 — then-Gov. Fritz Hollings, a Democrat. He later became a senator and one of his dearest friends in Washington was Ted Kennedy.

In 1987 Ted Kennedy was very angry at this newspaper because a certain columnist kept calling him “Fat Boy” in print. So Fat Boy got his favorite Gamecock to file legislation to force owner Rupert Murdoch to unload both the Herald and the New York Post.

So it was Fritz Hollings, the guy who put the Stars and Bars atop the Statehouse, doing the Liberal Lion’s dirty work. Had Hollings and Fat Boy prevailed, hundreds of union members would have been out on the street.

Why did Fritz and Ted get along so well? Maybe Fritz knew that Ted’s brother RFK had authorized the FBI wiretaps on Martin Luther King. Perhaps he recalled how JFK’s greatest Southern supporter in 1960 was Gov. John Patterson of Alabama, who defeated George Wallace by carrying with him a large poster of a black protester being beaten in Little Rock, and telling the crowds, “This is how I’ll handle ’em when I’m governor.”...

Howie Carr Dems want to forget who started flag flap Boston Herald

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

But here’s what the pompom boys forgot to tell you. That flag used to fly atop the Statehouse in Columbia, and guess who put it there in 1962 — then-Gov. Fritz Hollings, a Democrat. He later became a senator and one of his dearest friends in Washington was Ted Kennedy.

In 1987 Ted Kennedy was very angry at this newspaper because a certain columnist kept calling him “Fat Boy” in print. So Fat Boy got his favorite Gamecock to file legislation to force owner Rupert Murdoch to unload both the Herald and the New York Post.

So it was Fritz Hollings, the guy who put the Stars and Bars atop the Statehouse, doing the Liberal Lion’s dirty work. Had Hollings and Fat Boy prevailed, hundreds of union members would have been out on the street.

Why did Fritz and Ted get along so well? Maybe Fritz knew that Ted’s brother RFK had authorized the FBI wiretaps on Martin Luther King. Perhaps he recalled how JFK’s greatest Southern supporter in 1960 was Gov. John Patterson of Alabama, who defeated George Wallace by carrying with him a large poster of a black protester being beaten in Little Rock, and telling the crowds, “This is how I’ll handle ’em when I’m governor.”...

But that's when democrats were republicans, or men were really men and not women and whites were really whites and not black.....or something like that. Who knows anymore

View attachment 42940

If 23 years ago is ancient history, then you all should let go of slavery, which was abolished 150 years ago.

Just sayin'.

But that's when democrats were republicans, or men were really men and not women and whites were really whites and not black.....or something like that. Who knows anymore

Are you suggesting that Southern Democrats are really CIS-Republicans who have now Transpartied by self-identifying as Democrats?

Are you suggesting that Southern Democrats are really CIS-Republicans who have now Transpartied by self-identifying as Democrats?

These assholes go to any length to cover their history. Informed people simply laugh at their nonsense

View attachment 42940

^^^^^^ Lame as it comes
Not as lame as trying to use what turns out to be a button design anyone could have produced back in 1992 as a 2015 defense for the confederate rag.

The Confederate battle flag flew over the capitol dome in Columbia, S.C., from 1962, when the legislature hoisted it as a symbol of defiance against integration,

That backward state should be ostracized and boycotted

Finally Conservatives Begin To Back Away From the Confederate Flag Mother Jones

That is a flag of people who hate America enough to actually go war to leave the union.

All those who fly that flag are traitors to America and don't want to be Americans.

Yet they claim to love America and be the only real patriotic Americans.

Patriotic Americans fly the AMERICAN FLAG. Not a flag of a failed confederacy that were nothing but traitors to our nation.

View attachment 42940

^^^^^^ Lame as it comes
Not as lame as trying to use what turns out to be a button design anyone could have produced back in 1992 as a 2015 defense for the confederate rag.

Just deal with facts, I'm not interested in your pitiful opinions

The Confederate battle flag flew over the capitol dome in Columbia, S.C., from 1962, when the legislature hoisted it as a symbol of defiance against integration,

We did it before you guys did.....

file.php

That is a flag of people who hate America enough to actually go war to leave the union.

All those who fly that flag are traitors to America and don't want to be Americans.

Yet they claim to love America and be the only real patriotic Americans.

Patriotic Americans fly the AMERICAN FLAG. Not a flag of a failed confederacy that were nothing but traitors to our nation.

Uh.....correct me if I'm wrong.......but this is 2015...not 1860.

View attachment 42940

If 23 years ago is ancient history, then you all should let go of slavery, which was abolished 150 years ago.

Just sayin'.
I am suggesting that a campaign logo or button design from 1992 has nothing to do with how the attitude towards the confederate flag in 2015 and is just a lame deflection from the confederate rags defenders.

I'm a fiscal conservative and I could give shit one about whether they fly the Confederate flag or not.

I don't think it means anything other than the fact its a part of Southern history. Southern history isn't all about slaves or the Civil War.

Just because that flag is flown doesn't mean those flying it are racist.

View attachment 42940

Just sayin'.
I am suggesting that a campaign logo or button design from 1992 has nothing to do with how the attitude towards the confederate flag in 2015 and is just a lame deflection from the confederate rags defenders.
Agreed. Anyone could have made that button.

They weren't sanctioned or made by the Campaign.

& it surely is a deflection.

View attachment 42940
There is no indication that this was produced by the Clinton Gore campaign. One indicator that it isn't official is that it lacks a union "bug," the little marker showing that a piece of campaign material was printed in a union shop. We see so much this crap. It's just meaningless nonsense often traced back to the opposition or fanatics not associated with the campaign.

View attachment 42940

^^^^^^ Lame as it comes

Just deal with facts, I'm not interested in your pitiful opinions

Mine are in line with the countries, from conservatives to liberal. Your opinions are in line with racist extremist.

Forum List

Back