Finally, Conservatives Begin To Back Away From the Confederate Flag

the United States Naturalization Law of 1790 was in effect for nearly 70 years before the 14th was enacted.

It could only NULLIFY the United States Naturalization Law at that time.

You really should have quit while you were only lagging behind the short bus kids.

Naturalization Act of 1790 - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

The Act of 1790 was superseded by the Naturalization Act of 1795, which extended the residence requirement to five years, and by the Naturalization Act of 1798, which extended it to 14 years. The 1798 act was repealed by theNaturalization Law of 1802.0

Major changes to the definition of citizenship were ratified in the nineteenth century following the American Civil War. The Fourteenth Amendment in 1868 granted citizenship to people born within the United States and subject to its jurisdiction regardless of their parents' race, citizenship, or place of birth, but it excluded untaxed Indians (those living on reservations).

That is how the system works.

Too bad you really are clueless when it comes to Social Studies 101.

:rofl:
Did you read your own post?

"So the Act of 1790 was de facto nullified just 5 years later."

FIVE years?

"The Act of 1790 was superseded by the Naturalization Act of 1795, which extended the residence requirement to five years, and by the Naturalization Act of 1798, which extended it to 14 years. The 1798 act was repealed by theNaturalization Law of 1802"

No wonder people laugh at you

Your ignorance over basic terminology like "superseded" is why I am laughing at you.
You do realize the 1802 law restricts immigration to free white persons, right?

He got stuck on the words 'superseded' and 'repeal'.

Doesn't realize the only changes were to time periods.

the United States Naturalization Law of 1790 was in effect for nearly 70 years before the 14th was enacted.

You really should have quit while you were only lagging behind the short bus kids.

The Act of 1790 was superseded by the Naturalization Act of 1795, which extended the residence requirement to five years, and by the Naturalization Act of 1798, which extended it to 14 years. The 1798 act was repealed by theNaturalization Law of 1802.0

Major changes to the definition of citizenship were ratified in the nineteenth century following the American Civil War. The Fourteenth Amendment in 1868 granted citizenship to people born within the United States and subject to its jurisdiction regardless of their parents' race, citizenship, or place of birth, but it excluded untaxed Indians (those living on reservations).

FIVE years?

"The Act of 1790 was superseded by the Naturalization Act of 1795, which extended the residence requirement to five years, and by the Naturalization Act of 1798, which extended it to 14 years. The 1798 act was repealed by theNaturalization Law of 1802"

Your ignorance over basic terminology like "superseded" is why I am laughing at you.

Read your post again.

Better yet, have someone that CAN read, explain it to you.

Did your reading comprehension disorder cause you to miss the fact that link used the term superseded?

At least some good has come of this.

It was been established that you bring no value to the topic and lack basic skills and knowledge so your future posts will be treated with the disdain they deserve.

Have a nice day.

FIVE years?

Read your post again.

Did your reading comprehension disorder cause you to miss the fact that link used the term superseded?

It was been established that you bring no value to the topic and lack basic skills and knowledge so your future posts will be treated with the disdain they deserve.

Have a nice day.
No don't leave.

I want to discuss how these immigration laws were restricted to whites only and how they got more strict with residency periods from 1790 to 1802.

FIVE years?

Read your post again.

Have a nice day.

"Did your reading comprehension disorder cause you to miss the fact that link used the term superseded?"

and what, exactly, did it supersede?

Oh, it's right there in your post.

"The Act of 1790 was superseded by the Naturalization Act of 1795, which extended the residence requirement to five years"

the time requirement was superseded!!!

So, in your own words (funny how convenient YOUR OWN WORDS are in proving you a fool, isn't it?)

"It was been established that you bring no value to the topic and lack basic skills and knowledge so your future posts will be treated with the disdain they deserve.

Have a nice day"

You've convinced me.

I'm going to stop going to Lynyrd Skynard concerts, I'm going to burn my Dukes of Hazzard DVD collection.
So, in your mind, all the Confederate flag represents is low brow culture?

No...

rebellion.
Ah! Rebellion. That can be a fine and noble pursuit, so long as it's prosecuted judiciously.

Tell me, my Bonnie rebel, what are you rebelling against and to what purpose?

You've convinced me.

I'm going to stop going to Lynyrd Skynard concerts, I'm going to burn my Dukes of Hazzard DVD collection.

No...

rebellion.
Ah! Rebellion. That can be a fine and noble pursuit, so long as it's prosecuted judiciously.

I'm not rebelling against anything.

I also don't own any Stars and Bars paraphernalia .

No flags, no hats, no jackets, no Lynyrd Skynard albums nor photos, no Dukes of Hazard memorabilia.

nada

b4c00740f8eb0132ed91005056a9545d

You've convinced me.

No...

rebellion.

Do you have a problem with secession?

You've convinced me.

No...

rebellion.

Yes indeed. As did my fore fathers 150 years ago. Secession is treason.

When I pledge alleigence to the flag, I say "one nation, indivisible" and I mean it.

You've convinced me.

No...

rebellion.

When I pledge alleigence to the flag, I say "one nation, indivisible" and I mean it.
If you have a problem with secession, then go become a British subject.

No...

rebellion.

If you have a problem with secession, then go become a British subject.
OMG :rolleyes:

Does this mean we are going to push to get rid of all the foreign country flags people fly too?

I guess I just don't find flags offensive or indicative of anything but that persons history. I mean Mexican's are a bunch of drug lords right? Does that mean all those folks I see driving around with Mexican flags are drug lords?

Still it's their state (SC), if they want to get rid of it so be it.

There is a difference between individuals flying a flag which is free speech and the government flying those flags

When are the Clintons and Gore going to back away from the Confederate Flag?

Screen-Shot-2015-06-21-at-9.29.18-AM.png

Forum List

Back