Finally! Supreme Court rules in favor of First Amendment rights for Christians etc.

This decision is not a victory for freedom. It's an affirmation of identity politics. If the law violates religious freedom, it should be stuck down. But that's not what the Court did.

Instead, Roberts did what he always does, and bent over backwards to preserve the law, despite the fact that it's unconstitutional. Rather than strike it down, he merely established an exemption for religious folks.

I do not believe and no serious person believes a biological man can have a baby. Funny how you guys have locked on that one.
He won't answer that question. Just like Ketanji Brown wouldn't define what a woman is.

Nope. That would be violating my free speech. You're confused.

Private busineses are not requried to provide you free speech, that only applies to the Govt.

How can you not know this and then have the gall to call someone else confused?

This decision is not a victory for freedom. It's an affirmation of identity politics. If the law violates religious freedom, it should be stuck down. But that's not what the Court did.

Instead, Roberts did what he always does, and bent over backwards to preserve the law, despite the fact that it's unconstitutional. Rather than strike it down, he merely established an exemption for religious folks.
The Constitution protects religion. Nothing to do with Roberts.

Private busineses are not requried to provide you free speech, that only applies to the Govt.

How can you not know this and then have the gall to call someone else confused?
Bullshit. No one walks into my business and demands I do or say something I don't want to. That's nuts.

Just in. The Supreme Court just ruled that a Christian graphic artist was not required to work with same sex couples for a wedding website. Does that mean the baker no longer has to bake a wedding cake with designs for a same sex couple?
What a scumbag decision by SCOTUS! Fuck the SCOTUS cons! Let's just turn the clock back to Jim Crow times. This proves the POS right are racists!

Maybe we should just have a separate set of laws for religious people.

I do not believe and no serious person believes a biological man can have a baby. Funny how you guys have locked on that one.

Actually it is easily done and has been done experimentally on animals.
The only thing missing is the birth canal, so both implantation and birth have to be done surgically.

Yep, the only reason.he was elected was because he won the election.
Yeah. For me, the primary was the interesting part. Trump came from nowhere and made 16 establishment Republicans his bitches, in short order. The GOP base loved it, because he told the truth.

I remember the very day he got on the media's radar screen and they started really going after him, it was when he said "McCain is no hero". That was brilliant, I think it won him the election.

Bullshit. No one walks into my business and demands I do or say something I don't want to. That's nuts.

Yet the Govt can walk into my business and demand I meet the religions accommodations of all our employees.

We do. They're called religious exemptions. Dumb ass.

Religious exemptions are not really legal.
If we allowed religions to be free of secular restrictions, then Jews could enslave, rape, invade, steal, etc. as the Old Testament authorizes.
And of course the opposite, in that if you allow religious exemptions, then Hitler's Holocaust then would also be legal. It was Hitler's religious belief.

Yet the Govt can walk into my business and demand I meet the religions accommodations of all our employees.
If you were a good employer you'd be doing that yourself, without the government having to ask.

You're free not to hire someone, but once you do you're supposed to make sure they're comfortable in their work environment.

Forum List

Back