"Fingerprint" of Greenland ice melt seen in satellite sea level data

a large portion of electricity usage is used to perform work and the amount of energy used to perform that work must be subtracted from the total and that only the friction created from doing that work created heat. Furthermore what heat that is created from electricity usage doesn’t heat the surface of the planet. It heats the surrounding air. And what heat that is close to the surface doesn’t heat the surface like photons do. It radiates in all directions. So a good portion of that heat does not heat the surface of the planet.

a large portion of electricity usage is used to perform work and the amount of energy used to perform that work must be subtracted from the total

How large a portion?

Furthermore what heat that is created from electricity usage doesn’t heat the surface of the planet.

Right, because heating the air doesn't count. Only heat on the surface counts. DURR
Your epicycles are getting dumber and dumber.

And what heat that is close to the surface doesn’t heat the surface like photons do.

Hot air won't stop glaciers, only hot sand. Now it all makes sense. :cuckoo:

It would be idiotic to believe covering 4 to 8% of the land surface area with PV cells which convert photons- which would have otherwise produced heat - has no effect on the planet’s climate.

I agree, hotter panels are going to heat the planet.

Incorrect. Incrementally cooler temperatures were measured at six solar farms after PV cells were installed.

Your belief that all waste heat from electricity usage heats the surface of the planet like solar radiation does is incorrect. a large portion of electricity usage is used to perform work and the amount of energy used to perform that work must be subtracted from the total and that only the friction created from doing that work created heat. Furthermore what heat that is created from electricity usage doesn’t heat the surface of the planet like solar radiation does. It heats the surrounding air. And what heat that is close to the surface doesn’t heat the surface like photons do. It radiates in all directions. So a good portion of that heat does not heat the surface of the planet.

Even if waste heat from electricity usage heated the surface in exactly the same way as photons do that there would still be an incremental cooling effect because the waste heat is the same in both cases. Replacing fossil fuels with solar does not increase the amount of waste heat generated. But the generation of electricity effectively reduces the incoming solar radiation by converting photons into electricity that would have otherwise produced heat.

Incrementally cooler temperatures were measured at six solar farms after PV cells were installed.

Still clueless when it comes to net, aren't you?

Incrementally cooler temperatures were measured in my fridge after I plugged it in.
If I ignore net, I can also claim I'm cooling the planet.

Your belief that all waste heat from electricity usage heats the surface of the planet like solar radiation does is incorrect.

Post a paper that shows how much isn't.

Replacing fossil fuels with solar does not increase the amount of waste heat generated.

But it does retain 35% more of the solar radiation, which turns into waste heat.

For the love of God can someone please tell me how using an electric overhead crane heats the surface of the planet like photons do?

How much of the electricity used to run an electric overhead crane doesn't result in waste heat?

Right, because heating the air doesn't count. Only heat on the surface counts. DURR
Your epicycles are getting dumber and dumber.
Correct. Photons strike the surface of the planet, excite the atoms of the surface of the planet causing them to move and the friction of that movement produces heat. What waste heat that is left over from performing work radiates in all directions warming the air and rapidly dissipate without ever warming the surface of the planet like photons do which strike the surface of the earth.

Correct. Photons strike the surface of the planet, excite the atoms of the surface of the planet causing them to move and the friction of that movement produces heat. What waste heat that is left over from performing work radiates in all directions warming the air and rapidly dissipate without ever warming the surface of the planet like photons do which strike the surface of the earth.

What waste heat that is left over from performing work radiates in all directions warming the air and rapidly dissipate without ever warming the surface of the planet

Unlike when photons do strike the surface of the earth and then radiates in all directions warming the air and rapidly dissipates without ever warming the surface of the planet?

Why? According to you all electricity usage heats the surface of the planet like solar radiation does, right?

I said most, if not all.
If you think the amount that doesn't turn into waste heat is significant, post the paper.

Incrementally cooler temperatures were measured at six solar farms after PV cells were installed.

Still clueless when it comes to net, aren't you?

Incrementally cooler temperatures were measured in my fridge after I plugged it in.
If I ignore net, I can also claim I'm cooling the planet.

Your belief that all waste heat from electricity usage heats the surface of the planet like solar radiation does is incorrect.

Post a paper that shows how much isn't.

Replacing fossil fuels with solar does not increase the amount of waste heat generated.

But it does retain 35% more of the solar radiation, which turns into waste heat.
Again…. Even though the panels may reflect less solar radiation, the photons being converted into electricity more than offset the increased solar radiation absorbed by the lower albedo PV cells. Which is why there was less infrared heat emitted at the solar farms after the panels were installed.

Only an idiot would believe there would be no impact from converting photons into electricity that would have otherwise produced heat.

Only an idiot would believe there would be no impact from absorbing 35% more photons that would have otherwise been reflected back into space.

Forum List

Back