Finkelstein proved nothing WRT From Time Immemorial

rhodescholar

Gold Member
May 31, 2009
Strafing Iranian RGs with my .50 Cal
Over the past few weeks I have been researching the work of Norman Finkelstein, much of which is not available on the web for some reason, to see EXACTLY what he claimed regarding the population counts and migration figures of the arab muslims from 1850-1948, and his claims about Joan Peters' alleged errors, and have not found much of anything that supports his claim that she was wrong.

Even the noted historian Porath was unable to debunk Peters' central claim that huge numbers of arabs moved/immigrated into the region from what is now Syria, Lebanon, Jordan and Egypt, as the census data proves that the only way their population could have increased so quickly was through immigration, not births.

I propose that Finkelstein's claims should be retracted, as there is a significant amount of data which does NOT support his claims, and that while large numbers of jews did immigrate into Israel from elsewhere - so did the arab muslims.

Over the past few weeks I have been researching the work of Norman Finkelstein, much of which is not available on the web for some reason, to see EXACTLY what he claimed regarding the population counts and migration figures of the arab muslims from 1850-1948, and his claims about Joan Peters' alleged errors, and have not found much of anything that supports his claim that she was wrong.

Even the noted historian Porath was unable to debunk Peters' central claim that huge numbers of arabs moved/immigrated into the region from what is now Syria, Lebanon, Jordan and Egypt, as the census data proves that the only way their population could have increased so quickly was through immigration, not births.

I propose that Finkelstein's claims should be retracted, as there is a significant amount of data which does NOT support his claims, and that while large numbers of jews did immigrate into Israel from elsewhere - so did the arab muslims.

Look at the facts and head counts and you will see that every time there is a skirmish or battle involving Israel and the arab muslims the numbers of Palestinians shoots up. Not the number of births but the numbers of adult men, the only explanation is they flood in to win the fight and are forced to stay when they lose.

Interesting point.

Finkelstein is a famous archeologist, not a historian. While he does have some great works out there, all evidence points to a massive influx of mostly European Arabs in the second Arab colonial period or 1900~1948.

Interesting point.

Finkelstein is a famous archeologist, not a historian. While he does have some great works out there, all evidence points to a massive influx of mostly European Arabs in the second Arab colonial period or 1900~1948.

European Arabs?

Interesting point.

European Arabs?

Ask Rocco about it, he's got a good handle on that whole thing, but yes.

Apparently following WWI there was a rather large percentage of the Arabs within the second Arab colonization of Judea that originated in Europe.

Oh and the parallels in population are a strong indication of a policy of maintaining the population status quo. So unless you are saying that someone was observing the procreation habits of the Judaic population and then running around to the Arab households telling people to hurry up and get busy then yeah, its immigration.

Screen+Shot+2013-07-14+at+1.10.20+PM.png

Last edited:
Interesting point.

European Arabs?

You can't prove they immigrated.

I believe Arabs came to Palestine from the Middle East, not Europe. Nowadays though, Arabs are trying to take over Europe.

Screen+Shot+2013-07-14+at+1.10.20+PM.png

Its a no brainer.

Finklestein was a great archaeologist but his views on 20th century census numbers are a little odd.

Forum List

Back