Firearms Sales Reached Record Numbers in 2020 and Aren’t Slowing Down.

About 40% of Americans say they or someone in their household owns a gun, and 22% of individuals (about 72 million people) report owning a gun, according to surveys from Pew and Harvard and Northeastern. This figure has declined over time, down from 51% of gun-owning households in 1978.
they key phrase is "Americans say"

If a stranger calls me on the telephone and asks if I own guns or not do you really think I'm going to tell them?
Pretty much. And anyone who has a concealed carry permit has already been advised to be careful about letting others know you have guns.

Tell me about it! The price of guns is out of control! So is the price of ammo and even reloading supplies.

Yep. Seems that the gun nuts are buying all the guns they can afford, but the percentage of people who own guns is steadily falling.
About 40% of Americans say they or someone in their household owns a gun, and 22% of individuals (about 72 million people) report owning a gun, according to surveys from Pew and Harvard and Northeastern. This figure has declined over time, down from 51% of gun-owning households in 1978.
this was in 2020
Black-Guns-Matter-e1617638811309-960x657.jpg

And in 2021
All your links are misleading. I have no doubt that the percentage of black people buying guns is increasing, but compared to the gun nuts that are driving most gun sales, that increased percentage still results in a very small number of guns. The gun nuts that are buying most of the guns now are the same ones who have been buying most of the guns for several years. Siting percentage increases in this case makes no more sense than siting gun crime percentage increases in places like England, which still has a tiny amount of gun crime compared to the US.
there is a record kept or didn't you know that? every gun manufacture has records of where their products go the FFL's have a record of who buys those products, and the government has a record of all firearm purchase permits. How in the hell can you lie and say my links are misleading?

All your links are misleading. I have no doubt that the percentage of black people buying guns is increasing, but compared to the gun nuts that are driving most gun sales, that increased percentage still results in a very small number of guns. The gun nuts that are buying most of the guns now are the same ones who have been buying most of the guns for several years. Siting percentage increases in this case makes no more sense than siting gun crime percentage increases in places like England, which still has a tiny amount of gun crime compared to the US.
When considering that the items being bought most represent what could be considered "introductory" weapons and ammo, your logic is faulty.

A lot of the cheapest and simplest pistols are being bought like hotcakes, and collectors (the people you call "gun nuts") don't tend to buy those. Ammo sales are similar. 9mm is through the roof, and that's one of the most commonly used types for the "introductory" weapons I'm referring to.

What we're seeing right now is a historic rise in first time gun buyers.
exactly

A few dozen unarmed protesters on Jan 6 has the coup conspirators piddling their pants.

They ain’t seen nothing yet.

While sales are up and Texas might ditch it laws about handguns and background checks the fact is no revolt will be happening and in 2024 when the next Republican win the Oval Office you will proclaim you never wrote about revolting against the U.S. Government while singing the praises of the American Voter and the Newly Elected President...
only time will tell now if jo gets to pack the courts nothing will be off the table.

YouTube has a number of new channels by Black Americans

A few dozen unarmed protesters on Jan 6 has the coup conspirators piddling their pants.

Hard to fing bullets. I wonder what the powers to be define as an arsenal?
All you have to do is ask.....I remember buy ammo at 30 cents a bullet, but then again, that was when the brown turd Obammy first got in office...Looks like Creeper Joe will take over the top spot for greatest gun salesman from the turd.
Outdoor Limited | Cheap Ammo For Sale | Buy Bulk Ammo Online

Yep. Less than 1/4 of Americans even own a gun, and that includes the sane gun owners that aren't gearing up for a civil war. Kinda scary to see that many crazies hoping for a chance to shoot somebody.
Are you "afraid" of a little ole gun?

I'm afraid of nutbags with a gun hoping for a civil war.

Not one weapon i own has ever killed anyone, yet in the inner cities, black people are being shot by black people in the thousands. Are you worried about black people?

Not a single car that I have ever owned has ever been in a wreck that killed anybody. Does that mean I shouldn't oppose driving privileges for crazies that are stupid and drunk?

Talk about a non sequitur
Is Driving a Right or Privilege? - Aceable
Ask your state Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) if driving is a right or a privilege and they’ll agree with the latter. Driving isn’t something just anyone can do. Not legally any way. It’s a privilege that’s earned by showing you have the skills and knowledge to drive safety.
And that privilege can be taken away.

The right to own a weapon is under the 2nd amendment...
Must suck to be you, a progressive slave, who must do what your masters tell you to do.

Yep. Seems that the gun nuts are buying all the guns they can afford, but the percentage of people who own guns is steadily falling.
this was in 2020

And in 2021
there is a record kept or didn't you know that? every gun manufacture has records of where their products go the FFL's have a record of who buys those products, and the government has a record of all firearm purchase permits. How in the hell can you lie and say my links are misleading?
There is no federal data base, and there are no records kept anywhere on individual gun sales.

All you have to do is ask.....I remember buy ammo at 30 cents a bullet, but then again, that was when the brown turd Obammy first got in office...Looks like Creeper Joe will take over the top spot for greatest gun salesman from the turd.

Yep. Less than 1/4 of Americans even own a gun, and that includes the sane gun owners that aren't gearing up for a civil war. Kinda scary to see that many crazies hoping for a chance to shoot somebody.

Not one weapon i own has ever killed anyone, yet in the inner cities, black people are being shot by black people in the thousands. Are you worried about black people?

Not a single car that I have ever owned has ever been in a wreck that killed anybody. Does that mean I shouldn't oppose driving privileges for crazies that are stupid and drunk?

Ask your state Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) if driving is a right or a privilege and they’ll agree with the latter. Driving isn’t something just anyone can do. Not legally any way. It’s a privilege that’s earned by showing you have the skills and knowledge to drive safety.

Must suck to be you, a progressive slave, who must do what your masters tell you to do.

regardless of how many times that driving is not a right but a privilege these antirights fascists will just ignore it.

Nice attempt at misdirection, but my remark wasn't about the difference between right or privilege. It was about your logic.

this was in 2020

And in 2021
There is no federal data base, and there are no records kept anywhere on individual gun sales.
Great! I’ve been thinking when my gun serial numbers were put into the government database that Feds and all States can access, they could trace my guns back to me.
What a relief!

this was in 2020

And in 2021
Sure there isn't a federal database but there are firearm purchase's that are phoned into the NCIS
system You know the thing ATF form 4473 the background check
Do you need a back ground check for other private party sales such as automobiles? baseball bats? Knives?

Nice attempt at misdirection, but my remark wasn't about the difference between right or privilege. It was about your logic.

My logic is quite sound, when BLM/ANTIFA shows up in my neighborhood, i will be there shooting the hand that holds the flaming bottle that could be tossed at your house. Do you want me to not shoot that hand and allow that bottle to burn down your house? Or this result a better ending?

Logic which you are lacking in. If you were logical you wouldn't be an antirights fascist.

Oh one other thing, why isnt Hunter Biden in jail for falsifying a federal form which he denied doing drugs on?

this was in 2020

And in 2021
Great! I’ve been thinking when my gun serial numbers were put into the government database that Feds and all States can access, they could trace my guns back to me.
What a relief!
Which government agency maintains that database?

this was in 2020

And in 2021
What a relief!
Which government agency maintains that database?
National Crime Information Center (NCIC)
  • National Crime Information Center
    Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Division
    1000 Custer Hollow Road
    Clarksburg, West Virginia 26306
    Hours of Service: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
    Telephone: (304) 625-2000

Yeah well, i'll take my chances with 1/4 of the population while you're hiding under you bed then

~S~

My logic is quite sound, when BLM/ANTIFA shows up in my neighborhood, i will be there shooting the hand that holds the flaming bottle that could be tossed at your house. Do you want me to not shoot that hand and allow that bottle to burn down your house? Or this result a better ending?

Yes. We all know the main goal of Antifa and BLM is to harm you specifically. Idiot.

Forum List

Back