Firefighters call Trumps comments reckless and insulting

The linked article should have included a few paragraphs outlining the legitimate, and widely-held theory that negligent, misguided land management has left parts of California more vulnerable to wildfire damage than it was many years ago, before "environmental concerns" caused a change in the way wilderness is maintained (or not maintained). To simply quote the President, then representatives of the Fire Fighters - as though they were rebutting what the President said, which is manifestly false - is journalistic malpractice.

We, the readers, should hold the bastards' feet to the fire (so to speak) for printing half-assed "news reports" that don't address the substance of the issue.

Trump said something stupid. Why don't we just admit it instead of fight it?

you realize we don't have to support every dumb thing he says to support the real good he has done, right?

Maybe they don't have much confidence that he's done any good.

you realize we don't have to support every dumb thing he says to support the real good he has done, right?

Could be.

i don't understand this need to make our leaders into flawless creatures. They are flawed people.no one does good all.the time. No one is all evil. Why can't we admit that?

Could be.

i don't understand this need to make our leaders into flawless creatures. They are flawed people.no one does good all.the time. No one is all evil. Why can't we admit that?

I think it inspires people to idolize their leaders. Democrats did the same thing with Obama.

Could be.

I think it inspires people to idolize their leaders. Democrats did the same thing with Obama.
Republicans remind me of the walking dead

Could be.

i don't see a benefit to idolizing leaders. Seems contrary to the ten commandments. I may be old fashion but I think following them is a good idea

Good grief. Trump has said hundreds of things that were wrong. Why are you jumping on the one tweet that is absolutely correct?

I keep asking where this mythical tweet is that he blamed the fire department. It's not there. He said, correctly, that California's poor forest management is to blame for this. He is absolutely right. Numerous sources of talked about how California's bad policies play into forest fires.

We are not going to attack him, when he's telling to truth. I'm more than happy to criticize him when he's wrong. The problem is you seem to gloss over the tweets that everyone knows are wrong, and focus on the ones where he's right, and then complain we don't join you. Yeah, we are not going to join you, when you are the one wrong, not Trump.

Could be.

No, it's you people that are the walking dead. Trump has like, magic powers over you reanimated corpses. Everything he does, you automatically attack him for, even when he's right.

Seriously, when I actually see Democraps defending MS-13 a notoriously violent gang of criminals, simply because Trump said they were bad...... you guys are zombies. Just mindlessly opposing everything Trump says.

If Trump came out tomorrow sayings the moon landings were not faked, you people would be talking about all the evidence that they were faked.

Why would fire fighters give a shit when Trump comments about our obviously horrendous forest management?
One would think that association obvious....

He’s being a jerk because it’s California.

Meanwhile when wild fires hit red states , or hurricanes blow bye them, he’s quick to hand out fema welfare .

Climate change is the reason for the wildfires, and since Trump denies climate change, he has to deny the results of climate change, and of course, do nothing which makes it all get worse

This is why the firefighters are pissed off with President Trump.

absolutely the deniers want to blame liberals , not reality.
Ten ways climate change can make wildfires worse
California tree huggers that are afraid to manage the forests

parrot....

You DO know that our fires are chaparral fires, not forest fires, right?

doubtful, but nice try....

Isn't the Fed responsible for 50,60% of the forests there?

Yes, so 'splain how defunding it's management is going to help....

Do you have any arguments that aren't pure unsubstantiated insults?

I don't need any evidence

Snowflakes don't understand how the logic thing works

^^^^lol^^^

Terrifying

Yes fire is, and rather heartbreaking at the same time....to wish such on anyone is simply inhuman
BBPAeXW.img

that posters here wish this ^^^^on their fellow Americans , is beyond unmitigated gall, they should be kicked out of the human race...
Goats are even becoming a thing for clearing it all away....

liberal goats????

The linked article should have included a few paragraphs outlining the legitimate, and widely-held theory that negligent, misguided land management has left parts of California more vulnerable to wildfire damage

Is this what you're looking for?>>>
A century of fire suppression is why California is in flames

~S~

Last edited:

Could be.

Even Neil Young knows
No, it's you people that are the walking dead. Trump has like, magic powers over you reanimated corpses. Everything he does, you automatically attack him for, even when he's right.

Seriously, when I actually see Democraps defending MS-13 a notoriously violent gang of criminals, simply because Trump said they were bad...... you guys are zombies. Just mindlessly opposing everything Trump says.

If Trump came out tomorrow sayings the moon landings were not faked, you people would be talking about all the evidence that they were faked.

Even Neil Young knows
Rock legend Neil Young, who lost his home in the wildfires sweeping through the Malibu area, lashed out at President Donald Trump for his denial of climate science.

Last week, Trump blamed the fire damage on “gross mismanagement” of forests in California and threatened to cut off federal funding. In response, Young slammed “our so-called president,” saying the real reason wasn’t mismanagement, but climate change.

“The extreme weather events and our extended drought is part of it,” Young wrote on his website, adding:

“Our temperatures are higher than ever here in our hottest summer on record. That has not helped. DT seems to be the Denier. (I’m holding back and not using the word liar just because it rhymes with denier). It really is time for a reckoning with this unfit leader. Maybe our new Congress can help. I sure hope so.”

Some 400 square miles have burned in California, leaving 150,000 people displaced. In the northern part of the state, 29 people were killed in the Camp Fire, which also destroyed more than 6,700 buildings. In the south, fires killed two people and destroyed at least 180 structures in the Malibu area.

Could be.

Even Neil Young knows

Even Neil Young knows
Rock legend Neil Young, who lost his home in the wildfires sweeping through the Malibu area, lashed out at President Donald Trump for his denial of climate science.

Last week, Trump blamed the fire damage on “gross mismanagement” of forests in California and threatened to cut off federal funding. In response, Young slammed “our so-called president,” saying the real reason wasn’t mismanagement, but climate change.

“The extreme weather events and our extended drought is part of it,” Young wrote on his website, adding:

“Our temperatures are higher than ever here in our hottest summer on record. That has not helped. DT seems to be the Denier. (I’m holding back and not using the word liar just because it rhymes with denier). It really is time for a reckoning with this unfit leader. Maybe our new Congress can help. I sure hope so.”

Some 400 square miles have burned in California, leaving 150,000 people displaced. In the northern part of the state, 29 people were killed in the Camp Fire, which also destroyed more than 6,700 buildings. In the south, fires killed two people and destroyed at least 180 structures in the Malibu area.

What does Neil Young know about anything? Who cares what he says? Are you seriously suggesting we should give a crap what Neil Young says about national policy?

If he's a respected authority in your world, then why not listen to Kanye West? Crazy people.

Second, what does this have to do with Trump? Are you such an idiot that you think if only Trump believed in man-made climate change, that magically your forest fires would cease to exist? That somehow a camp fire would never have been lit, and never started burning down homes?

Obama completely believed in man-made global warming, and yet there were 5 devastating wild fires in California, that burned over 1.2 Million hectares of land, and 300 buildings were burned to the ground, and 2 people were killed.

Neil is an idiot. Trump is still absolutely correct. The reason these fires are so bad, is because California eliminated cutting trees, and clearing underbrush, which they used to do.

Please explain how Obama's belief in man-made global warming, failed to magically prevent that? I mean if you are going to blame Trump for a wild fire because he doesn't believe that man is the cause of global warming, then explain how Obama belief that man is causing global warming didn't prevent those wild fires?

And by the way.... idiot.... those left-wing Democrap morons in California all believe in man made global warming.... so why didn't their belief prevent those fires? After all, they should be taking steps to deal with it... right? Since they believe it?

You people are the dumbest bunch of mindless apes.....

Could be.

Even Neil Young knows

Even Neil Young knows

So you agree with blaming climate change

Could be.

Even Neil Young knows

Even Neil Young knows

What does Neil Young know about anything? Who cares what he says? Are you seriously suggesting we should give a crap what Neil Young says about national policy?

If he's a respected authority in your world, then why not listen to Kanye West? Crazy people.

Second, what does this have to do with Trump? Are you such an idiot that you think if only Trump believed in man-made climate change, that magically your forest fires would cease to exist? That somehow a camp fire would never have been lit, and never started burning down homes?

Obama completely believed in man-made global warming, and yet there were 5 devastating wild fires in California, that burned over 1.2 Million hectares of land, and 300 buildings were burned to the ground, and 2 people were killed.

Neil is an idiot. Trump is still absolutely correct. The reason these fires are so bad, is because California eliminated cutting trees, and clearing underbrush, which they used to do.

Please explain how Obama's belief in man-made global warming, failed to magically prevent that? I mean if you are going to blame Trump for a wild fire because he doesn't believe that man is the cause of global warming, then explain how Obama belief that man is causing global warming didn't prevent those wild fires?

And by the way.... idiot.... those left-wing Democrap morons in California all believe in man made global warming.... so why didn't their belief prevent those fires? After all, they should be taking steps to deal with it... right? Since they believe it?

You people are the dumbest bunch of mindless apes.....
LOL Neil young makes the AH in our WH look like a 1st grade student He lies and you folks eat it up And you calling anyone an idiot is a laugh You are one stupid trumpette

Could be.

Even Neil Young knows

Even Neil Young knows

Yes Mostly Think Young stated it very well They're still investigating causes of the fire

Even Neil Young knows

Even Neil Young knows

Yes Mostly Think Young stated it very well They're still investigating causes of the fire

So naturally it must be climate change.

Even Neil Young knows

Even Neil Young knows

So naturally it must be climate change.
NOT 100% some idiot could be to blame but certainly conditions aided to make it so terrible ,or don't you agree?

California timber industry maybe 'piece of the puzzle' to help reduce state's wildfire risk

'Wake-up call for California'
According to the California Forestry Association, tree density in the Sierra Nevada is too high when compared with the region's historical rates, creating an elevated fire hazard. It estimates there was an average of 40 trees per acre in the Sierras roughly 150 years ago but puts that number today at hundreds of trees per acre.

"Fire used to naturally go through the forest, and with 40 trees per acre, the fire will mostly stay on the ground, without creating a catastrophe," said Rich Gordon, president and CEO of the association, which represents the timber industry. "This has been a wake-up call for California. We have to do something different to prevent these catastrophic fires."

As Gordon sees it, large tree growth plus a history of fire suppression and reduced timber activity have created an unnatural setting of continuous fuels. Moreover, he said it's led to too many trees competing for water during droughts.

"The industry is certainly prepared to assist and encourage and support the thinning of our forests," said Gordon. "We can actually have more resilient, fire resistant forests if we thin them a little bit."

Wood agrees that the selective removal of trees to reduce fuels and a more robust timber strategy in the state "can be a piece of the puzzle" to reduce the fire risk.

Forum List

Back