🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

First Paycheck Since the New Tax Rates Were Enacted

They put out the new guidance like 2 weeks ago....

Hate to be this way..but do you have a link?

Learn how to quote properly...... THEN learn how to use GOOGLE.

So you are another one of those folks who make claims and then expect others to support them.
No since I didn't make the claim you're contesting, you tried to attribute a post to me that I didn't write.

There are a lot of people like that on this forum.
Yeah along with a lot of people that don't know how to quote properly.

"Fe Fi Fo Fum, Don't you feel dumb?" -- Major Payne

So you are another one of those folks who make claims and then expect others to support them.
No since I didn't make the claim you're contesting, you tried to attribute a post to me that I didn't write.

Oh, get over yourself. For some reason the software tried to combine two quotes and I guess I didn't pay enough attention when I fixed it.

Well, that's were being an owner of a business sucks, at least in the measurement context described in the OP. One's "paychecks" have no such withholdings, so seeing the impact requires more effort than looking at a pay stub. C'est la vie....

Oh, get over yourself. For some reason the software tried to combine two quotes and I guess I didn't pay enough attention when I fixed it.
I know that you're upset that people get to keep an extra $70 they earned, but I'm surprised how badly.

I saw the statement for my first paycheck for this Friday that uses the new tax rates. I cleared an extra $70. I get paid every two weeks so over the year that amount will be $1820. My wife's should be similar since we make about the same amount. Plus throw in the extra $1,000 child tax credit and by the end of this year we'll have an extra $4,000 to $5,000 in our pockets we wouldn't have had if the new tax legislation hadn't passed. I can use a lot of this money to pay down my student loans faster. We've also talked about redoing our master bathroom.

When will Democrats stop lying and claiming that this legislation won't help the middle class?
Good for you. I do want to interject something. You are celebrating your windfall and citing democrats as liars as the tax cuts being,although anecdotal beneficial to you and not detrimental. There is a moral here. Democrats have a different outlook on what role government should take in your live. You say these tax cuts are good for you because it allows you to pay back student loans. I'm European, I pay way higher taxes then an American, conversely my college degree set me back about 20000 euro IN TOTAL. I funded it by working odd jobs when the academical year was done. In fact a student loan doesn't exist here. Funded by a HIGHER tax rate. My wife is American and I've seen how much her family, who are middle class comparatively struggle with my family which is in general blue collar. I wan't you to keep this in mind when touting the virtues of paying less taxes, with what in essence comes down to your children's money since it increases the debt.

Last edited:
Well, that's were being an owner of a business sucks, at least in the measurement context described in the OP. One's "paychecks" have no such withholdings, so seeing the impact requires more effort than looking at a pay stub. C'est la vie....

I know that you're upset that people get to keep an extra $70 they earned, but I'm surprised how badly.

I am alright with people getting to keep an extra 70 bucks. I just wish we had not added 1.5 trillion for our kids and grandkids to pay off so people today could have an extra 70 bucks. Does not really seem a fair trade for those who come later.

LOL, get over myself ? you're the vapid one that fucked up in the first place and then didn't get the hint the first time I pointed it out to you.

A simple apology for your error would have sufficed to put it to rest but I guess with some people that's just a bridge too far.... :rolleyes:

LOL, get over myself ? you're the vapid one that fucked up in the first place and then didn't get the hint the first time I pointed it out to you.

A simple apology for your error would have sufficed to put it to rest but I guess with some people that's just a bridge too far.... :rolleyes:

I just said it was a mistake, do you want me to come over and rub your back also?

I am alright with people getting to keep an extra 70 bucks. I just wish we had not added 1.5 trillion for our kids and grandkids to pay off so people today could have an extra 70 bucks. Does not really seem a fair trade for those who come later.
OK, now explain Obama. And I'll bet you were "With Her".

I saw the statement for my first paycheck for this Friday that uses the new tax rates. I cleared an extra $70. I get paid every two weeks so over the year that amount will be $1820. My wife's should be similar since we make about the same amount. Plus throw in the extra $1,000 child tax credit and by the end of this year we'll have an extra $4,000 to $5,000 in our pockets we wouldn't have had if the new tax legislation hadn't passed. I can use a lot of this money to pay down my student loans faster. We've also talked about redoing our master bathroom.

When will Democrats stop lying and claiming that this legislation won't help the middle class?
How many years can you count on that income?
Not many if democrats regain power.

Obama was a terrible president who drove us deeper into debt than ever before. I was speaking out about ti the whole 8 years. I was never with her, ever and I did not vote of her.

But that is the difference between you and I. you do not care about debt when the right guy is sitting in the White House while I care about it regardless of who is.

who cares; only the right wing would insist on cutting taxes before ensuring government is funded.

The government is already OVER-Funded.......

stupid-jpg.158419

Yes, well, as you've surely observed by remarks in this thread, many are the folks who conflate (willfully or accidentally) or fail to differentiate between normative assertions, such as but not limited to those about equitability, and positive assertions of any sort.

All I ask for is that a different party holds the Senate than the White House. Do not really give a shit which is which.

Obama was a terrible president who drove us deeper into debt than ever before. I was speaking out about ti the whole 8 years. I was never with her, ever and I did not vote of her.

But that is the difference between you and I. you do not care about debt when the right guy is sitting in the White House while I care about it regardless of who is.

Yup, hindsight is usually 20/20. Although some libs still have their blinders on...maybe too tight.

OT:

Succinctly, that is one aspect/illustration of the difference between being principled and being unprincipled.​

Yup, hindsight is usually 20/20. Although some libs still have their blinders on...maybe too tight.

I thought Obama was bad from the get go. he had no experience and no skills for leading. All he did was give a good speech. not unlike the guy in there now.

All I ask for is that a different party holds the Senate than the White House. Do not really give a shit which is which.

Well, we just about have that. While Trump may have run as a Republican, there are plenty of Republicans in the Senate throwing hissy fits.

Forum List

Back